Suggestions for a compact keyboard

Radium_Angel

This is for my photo studio, I'm going to be shooting tethered to a Mac mini, so I need to conserve as much space as possible, as the studio is cluttered enough as it is (eek)

I'm thinking all I need is the actual QWERTY part of a standard keyboard. I won't be needing the arrow keys nor the numpad part.

Doesn't need to be mechanical, nor backlit, I'll basically be using it to power up the mac mini and log into the OS, I can use a mouse (or built-in trackpad on the keyboard...I'm easy) for navigation.

Any suggestions?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Theres a massdrop launching tomorrow for the Planck V6, it might be something you're interested in 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

You want a "60% keyboard" then

Or just buy the $30 Redragon mechanical keyboard if you're fine with a clicky board
https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-KUMARA-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B016MAK38U

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

12 hours ago, Dungeon591 said:

13 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You want a "60% keyboard" then

Or just buy the $30 Redragon mechanical keyboard if you're fine with a clicky board
https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-KUMARA-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B016MAK38U

NIce, but the arrow keys and insert/home/pgup keys are there, and I don't need those....

Nevermind, found the keywords I need, thanks for the help gang

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

NIce, but the arrow keys and insert/home/pgup keys are there, and I don't need those....

Nevermind, found the keywords I need, thanks for the help gang

Curious, what did you find? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I mean you know it's not really mechanical right? and the general quality is likely bad?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I mean you know it's not really mechanical right? and the general quality is likely bad?

Right. My original requirements were that it didn't have to be mechanical, because it would only get occasional use...

As far as quality goes...never had a keyboard fail on me in all my decades of IT work, and while it certainly is possible, it's not something I"m concerned about.

I bought a 5$ "mechanical-like" LED backlit keyboard from china about a year ago. My 5' long monitor lizard loves to play godzilla with it and it hasn't skipped a beat...

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Right. My original requirements were that it didn't have to be mechanical, because it would only get occasional use...

As far as quality goes...never had a keyboard fail on me in all my decades of IT work, and while it certainly is possible, it's not something I"m concerned about.

I bought a 5$ "mechanical-like" LED backlit keyboard from china about a year ago. My 5' long monitor lizard loves to play godzilla with it and it hasn't skipped a beat...

At the very least I'd suggest sticking to wired then, all you had to do was search for small keyboard or mini keyboard if you didn't want anything fancy

https://www.amazon.com/SR-Keyboard-Multimedia-Computer-Laptop/dp/B01IQL2VCE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539369860&sr=8-3&keywords=mini+keyboard

For fancy options 40% keyboards exists if 60% is too big

Spoiler