Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hard drive grinding a little bit all the time...help!

i_build_nanosuits
 Share

Hey guys!

So for about 3 days now my secondary drive which is a hard drive i use to store my games and stuff has been constantly doing something...it's scratching a little bit and it annoys me because i have absolutely no idea what it's doing, what is causing this...i can say when i look in task manager it show the disk activity to be at 0% so i have no clue why this is happening.

If you've ever experienced this, or you can point me in the direction to how i can trouble shoot this cause right now i have no idea and it wasn't doing this before...

 

Thanks for any help on this :)

 

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, kb5zue said:

Unfortunately it appears the drive is failing on a major scale.  Hope that you have a current backup of the data and information on the drive.

well if that's the case then the hell with it :)

i have nothing important really on this drive i can re-download the games i play but thanks for the heads up there are some pictures that i will indeed copy to another one of my SSD just in case. thanks man!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

well if that's the case then the hell with it :)

i have nothing important really on this drive i can re-download the games i play but thanks for the heads up there are some pictures that i will indeed copy to another one of my SSD just in case. thanks man!

Good Luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, kb5zue said:

Good Luck.

actually i've been looking to replace it with another 1TB SSD for a while now and it looks like it's a good time to do so with the prices right now, they ain't bad at all look at this...i might pull the trigger on this i think:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0D9-0017-000D2&nm_mc=AFC-C8JunctionCA&cm_mmc=AFC-C8JunctionCA-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10592396&PID=3938566&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker%2C+LLC&cjevent=ae0e5e64cdc111e881da01a40a24060f

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

actually i've been looking to replace it with another 1TB SSD for a while now and it looks like it's a good time to do so with the prices right now, they ain't bad at all look at this...i might pull the trigger on this i think:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0D9-0017-000D2&nm_mc=AFC-C8JunctionCA&cm_mmc=AFC-C8JunctionCA-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10592396&PID=3938566&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker%2C+LLC&cjevent=ae0e5e64cdc111e881da01a40a24060f

Sounds like a good idea but I see that you are located in Canada.  Just be sure to keep in mind any problems that you may face shipping across the border.  Good Luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Sounds like a good idea but I see that you are located in Canada.  Just be sure to keep in mind any problems that you may face shipping across the border.  Good Luck.

no that's newegg.ca hehe it's canada :)

172 canadian pesos for 1TB SSD!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×