Fractal Design? Josh?

I bought the Define R6 case.  I like everything about this case, except for the void created when you move the hard drive wall back.  I've been informed by someone at Fractal Design that the "PSU Cover Bracket" from the Define S2 "Can technically fit in the R6." Quoted the email from Fractal Design.

Fractal Josh, could you help me out if you see this?

Anyone else, do you have an S2?  Are you using that cover?  If anyone has a gray one they aren't using, I would love to get ahold of one!

This part should really be included with the R6.  I have white cables, so they are VERY visible from certain angles.

Any help would be GREAT!

Pretty much what I'm getting so far from customer support is "we do have that part, and it will definitely fit in the R6, but we will not sell you one."

I thought businesses were about making money, but apparently not.  I even offered to pay for the item and shipping from Sweeden if necessary, and got a great big "No can do."

I doubt I'll ever buy anything from them again if this is what it's like to deal with their customer service.  I refuse to have to buy another case just for that one piece of metal.  That's ridiculous.

17 hours ago, airdeano said:

lets help you out: @fractaljosh

@JoshFractal @fractaljosh
I don't know which one is his...or both of them are (e.g. one work and one personal?)

Regardless, Josh hasn't been active on the LTT forums in the recent months...

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

3 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I think it would be qucker to just contact him through Twitter.

Possibly, if I had a twitter.  Never been a fan, so I don't have one.  I did, however, get them to send me the dimensions.  THAT is all they were willing to do.  And, it doesn't account for the rounded corners, either.  They sent me "The dimensions of the bracket are 178mm x 159mm."  That's it.

So, if you buy an S2 and happen to drop that panel and break it, there is apparently NOTHING that can be done for you.  You'd have to buy another case.

This will be the last time I order anything at all from Fractal.  It is insane that they HAVE the part I need.  Thousands of them, likely.  Yet, they will not allow me to purchase one.

***Here's the real issue, as Gamers Nexus also described...  The S2 should not exist.  It is only different from the R6 in three ways.  Those three items should be sold as an upgrade kit for the R6.  Looking at both of the cases, I can honestly say that NEITHER of them feel complete.  But, a mix/match of parts between them would be PERFECT for anyone.  If they really wanted to make some money, they should have a "customizer" option, where you start with a bare naked case, and you choose all of the add on items on your own.  For example, in my situation, the rear panel on the R6 is smooth and clean, but the S2 has the mounting brackets for a res and pump....  If you buy an S2 but do not plan on building a full custom loop, than that back panel is UGLY, vs the smooth panel on the R6.  But, the S2 has a panel to fill in the hole on the R6.  The S2 has a better intake, but gives up the option for a DVD drive, and also gives up the large removable filter, replacing it with filters built into the front panel... So you have to remove the whole thing to clean it, vs just opening the door and removing the filter itself.  Aside from those small differences, It is physically the same case.  The S2 should not exist at all.  But, more importantly, customers should not have to buy a whole new case when replacement parts exist.  This whole situation is more than annoying.

Done with my rant now....  Not even sure if Josh would be able to help or not....  Maybe he could sneak one out of the office, and I could just paypal him to ship it to me or something...  who knows.  lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so far they have said there is nothing they can do to sell me that part.

The best option, according to tech support, is to wait until they have spare parts listed on their spare parts page.  Currently the S2 isn't even listed, but eventually it should be listed and should have spare parts, and then I'll be able to order it.  So, for anyone else with an R6 who wants that part, here's the link to their spare parts page.  Now, the waiting game...

https://www.fractal-design-shop.de/Cases

We had to wait a while for the extra HD cages so I'd expect similar lead times on S2 accessories.  

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

12 minutes ago, Velcade said:

We had to wait a while for the extra HD cages so I'd expect similar lead times on S2 accessories.  

Do you remember roughly how long it took?

3 minutes ago, pickaxe said:

Accessories were just made available last month.  So roughly 8-9mo

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Accessories were just made available last month.  So roughly 8-9mo

Ouch.  Okay, thanks!

41 minutes ago, pickaxe said:

HD cages took the longest time to get on the spares store (along with TG panels). They made USB C modular I/O ports available about 6 months after launch, so lets hope it's the later :) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 8 months later...

It's finally done.  The S2 case is now listed on the parts site, and the PSU Cover is a direct fit in my R6.

For what its worth I felt your pain when I had the Define R6 as well, I moved the wall back, had white cables and the void drove me nuts

On 10/12/2018 at 2:31 PM, -rascal- said:

@JoshFractal @fractaljosh
I don't know which one is his...or both of them are (e.g. one work and one personal?)

Regardless, Josh hasn't been active on the LTT forums in the recent months...

Both are his, one he doesn't remember making. Couldn't tell you which is which. 

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは