Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Computer load loop...?

SHG_Marsh

So I was just watching a meme video on youtube and it had these computer error noises in it. So when my computer actually crashed I thought for a good minute it was just the video. Once I figured it wasn't the video I restarted my computer. But it would go into a boot loop. my computer would turn on without a video on my monitor, then turn off. It did this for a solid 5 minutes, then out of no where it actually turned on. First thing I did was update my graphics drivers because I have been getting the new driver notification for a week now. Before my computer turned on, I shut it down and made sure everything was in correctly. (Ram, GPU, etc.) And everything was. (Then it did the loop again till  it turned on. I haven't played a single game on my computer in about a month so I don't think it overheated or something came loose because of raging. Everything seems to be working fine now but I don't know what happened. (I also didn't get a crash code, it was just a blank blue screen till I turned my computer off) 

ps: I actually had to unplug my computer because my power button wasn't working. 

Did you hold the power button for like 10 seconds? That usually forces it, although I have had times when doing a lot of overclocking where pulling the power was needed. As the issue isn't repeating, its hard to say. We really don't have enough info to troubleshoot, it could literally be anything. I would say with a gut feeling though if something is wrong, it lies with the GPU as it seems to have to do with display. But it could just be a random weird issue that'll never repeat. Or it could be something entirely different. As the issue hasn't repeated, I wouldn't advise at ripping apart the system to test things as since the issue doesn't or hasn't repeated, you can't test to see which part is the issue.

Gaming - Ryzen 5600x | 32GB 3200mhz  Vega 56 | 1TB NVME | 500GB NVME

Home Server - Ryzen 2700x | 16GB 3400mhz |  RX 550 | 500GB NVME 11x2TB HDD 

3 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Did you hold the power button for like 10 seconds? That usually forces it, although I have had times when doing a lot of overclocking where pulling the power was needed. As the issue isn't repeating, its hard to say. We really don't have enough info to troubleshoot, it could literally be anything. I would say with a gut feeling though if something is wrong, it lies with the GPU as it seems to have to do with display. But it could just be a random weird issue that'll never repeat. Or it could be something entirely different. As the issue hasn't repeated, I wouldn't advise at ripping apart the system to test things as since the issue doesn't or hasn't repeated, you can't test to see which part is the issue.

ok. I think it was the graphics drivers. I updated them immediately and it hasn't happened again