Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

iPhone xr vs razer phone 2

DirtyDan1337

In the market for a new phone and was going to get the xr but then I saw that the razer phone 2 was released for pre-order and it caught my eye. Which phone do you think I should get?

It depends on what you do more and what you're looking for. 

It'd help if you wrote down the things you do and then compare the specs between the devices to see which suits your needs and wants. 

Never preorder anything!!

We still don't have enough information about it (I think...)

And it will be a lot cheaper a few months it comes out

It depends on what you want. But I would wait until both phones are out. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor S2719DGF 1440p @155Hz, Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball

I’d wait until both phones are out 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Station (Intel-powered Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i)

CPU: Intel Core i5 1135G7 | GPU: Intel Iris Xe 80CU | RAM: 16GB LPDDR4X-4267 | Storage: 512GB PCIe SSD | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

IPhone XR, lol. 

This is seriously the only iPhone I would never consider but I wouldn't consider any iPhone anyways. 

Gaming HTPC:

R7 1700X - Scythe Big Shuriken 3 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - H100i GTX - Asus Prime X570 Pro - EVGA RTX2060KO - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 970 Evo - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Inwin 103 White - Dell U3415W - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 Legendary - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

10 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

IPhone XR, lol. 

This is seriously the only iPhone I would never consider but I wouldn't consider any iPhone anyways. 

I had the xs for a week but the OLED hurt my eyes so I'm looking at lcd options. 

I prefer IOS to Android. Having said that the Razer 2 is an absolute beast, and the only flagship phone out there with a plus size screen that isn't curved and doesn't have a stupid notch. That means the 5.7 inch screen is actually 5.7 inches, unlike Galaxy phones and iPhone phones/clones where the screen size ignores the notch cut out and the distorted curved edges of the Galaxy line. The display is 1440p and has 120 hz refresh rate. The iPhone XS is even sharper, 120 hz AND oled, but its more expensive and you have the stupid notch.

The downside is who knows when you'll get android updates. If I was going to get an android phone id go with the Razer over every other android phone out there right now, and not because I game on my phone. Still, its tough to pass up on all the other perks and advantages of using IOS, so I'd call this one a tie.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

1 hour ago, maizenblue said:

I prefer IOS to Android. Having said that the Razer 2 is an absolute beast, and the only flagship phone out there with a plus size screen that isn't curved and doesn't have a stupid notch. That means the 5.7 inch screen is actually 5.7 inches, unlike Galaxy phones and iPhone phones/clones where the screen size ignores the notch cut out and the distorted curved edges of the Galaxy line. The display is 1440p and has 120 hz refresh rate. The iPhone XS is even sharper, 120 hz AND oled, but its more expensive and you have the stupid notch.

The downside is who knows when you'll get android updates. If I was going to get an android phone id go with the Razer over every other android phone out there right now, and not because I game on my phone. Still, its tough to pass up on all the other perks and advantages of using IOS, so I'd call this one a tie.

Yea, I'm actually looking at the xr instead of the xs because the oled hurts my eyes so it's nice that both are lcd phones. I like watching youtube and netflix on them and they're both really good. I'm not sure if I can leave ios tho. Airdrop, imessage, icloud, facetime...

2 hours ago, maizenblue said:

iPhone isn’t 120hz like the razer phone, it’s a 120hz touch sample rate which is different to the refresh rate which is still 60hz 

Gaming PC

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600 / CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken Z73 w/ 3 ML120 Pro RGB fans / Motherboard - MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi / RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @ 3200MHz / GPU - Saphire Nitro+ Vega 64 / PSU - Corsair RM1000i / Storage - 2TB Sabrent Rocket Q / Case - Phanteks P600s / Monitor - Samsung 32" CJG5 1440P 144Hz Keyboard - GMMK with Gateron Browns / Mouse - Razer Viper Ultimate Misc - Elgato Stream Deck, Xbox One Controller

Audio

Gaming PC - Fidelio X2HR / Beyerdynamic DT990 / HyperX Cloud 2, SoundblasterX G6, Modmic Uni 

Phone - Apple Airpods Pro

Other Tech I use every day

Phone - iPhone 11 Pro Max / Wearables - Apple Watch Series 5 44mm Nike+ Ediion

iPhone XR all the way! Simply because of iOS. Apps usually run better on iOS. And the battery on the XR should be fantastic as well. And the Razer looks like a brick with a tramp stamp. The XR looks feminine and chic. 

Go with the XR. Apps run better on iOS, the battery life should be phenomenal with the XR having a low resolution screen, and you get software & hardware support for much longer when compared to the Razer Phone 2.. 

I would consider an iphone 8 plus as well. Its a11 processor is still faster than the razers snapdragon 845. The price will probably drop or youll find good deals once the xr is released. Look at reviews once they come out. It doesnt look the xr is much of an upgrade over the 8 plus. It has a lower res screen and more basic camera than the 8 plus. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

8 hours ago, maizenblue said:

I would consider an iphone 8 plus as well. Its a11 processor is still faster than the razers snapdragon 845. The price will probably drop or youll find good deals once the xr is released. Look at reviews once they come out. It doesnt look the xr is much of an upgrade over the 8 plus. It has a lower res screen and more basic camera than the 8 plus. 

It has way better battery though

Well, the Design of the Xr isn't crap....

the iPhone 8 Plus, and hell even iPHone 8 are actually frickin HUGE - considering how tiny their Display is, compared to the Body size. The Bezels are bigger than Pixel 3 XL's Notch.

Good example: http://j.mp/2NDUJLb

iPhone X (Xs) have almost same size than iPHone 8. 5mm taller, 3mm wider~ around that.

But 5.8" screen isntead 4.7".

Size almost same, but Display much bigger.

iPhone Xr is actually smaller than the iPhone 8 Plus. But has a 6.1" screen instead 5.5" screen.

For this Design alone i would not consider iPhone 8 / 8 Plus anymore, at all.

12 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Well, the Design of the Xr isn't crap....

the iPhone 8 Plus, and hell even iPHone 8 are actually frickin HUGE - considering how tiny their Display is, compared to the Body size. The Bezels are bigger than Pixel 3 XL's Notch.

Good example: http://j.mp/2NDUJLb

iPhone X (Xs) have almost same size than iPHone 8. 5mm taller, 3mm wider~ around that.

But 5.8" screen isntead 4.7".

Size almost same, but Display much bigger.

iPhone Xr is actually smaller than the iPhone 8 Plus. But has a 6.1" screen instead 5.5" screen.

For this Design alone i would not consider iPhone 8 / 8 Plus anymore, at all.

Well I would check out both and hold them side by side before buying. I've never found my 7 plus's size to be an issue. The notch of the 6.1 probably eats up a lot of additional screen size the XR has, and Id be willing to bet the 8 plus has a wider display, which is more important to me than height.

To each their own in terms of design, but I like the look and feel of my 7 plus, but if someone finds it too big then the XR might be better. I don't like some of the downgrades in a more expensive phone though.

Compared to the Display size, the Device is HUGE, because of those 2cm thick bezels.

iPhone Xs Max with 6.5" Screen has a similar size as an 8 Plus (5.5").

That's what i mean.