ways to make money at less than 16?

iLostMyXbox21

how would i make money online? i’m less than 16 and there are no places hiring around me. i would be making games, but my parents don’t think it is a good way after i released a game and did not make money off of it (pretty stupid) i am of legal age to work in my state, and if i need a Paypal or something, i can get one.. but how do i do it?

ideas so far:

• help my neighbors , i live in a neighborhood with nothing but elderly people
  • photography (sell my photos online)
  • sites like youtube, bittube, twitch, (all of which take lots of time, so i’m just doing it for fun right now)
  • sell my stuff (i have a ton of stuff i don’t use) to sites like eBay, letgo, Mercari, etc.

thats hats pretty much my ideas.. i am open to any other ideas, i will add onto the list if i get any ideas i find good 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Selling stuff is generally a pretty good way to do it.

If you have any skills that you can capitalize off of, do that as well.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Selling stuff is generally a pretty good way to do it.

If you have any skills that you can capitalize off of, do that as well.

really my only skills are...

i dont feel empathy (i guess i can work for insurance companies then)

im manipulative (idk how that is useful in the real world)

i can make games (parents won’t let me)

i don’t feel embarrassed.. i could start a channel where i just do the stupidest things.. right?.. idk

If you're decent at programming (you must be if you realeased a full game) there are some websites where you can get hired for one-off jobs. Mostly it's things like "add a few things to my website", "make a small android app for a specific task", "write a script to automate a repetitive task" and so on. You can usually accept whatever jobs you feel like doing, so you don't need to worry about being overworked.

A few options:

https://www.upwork.com/

https://www.freelancer.com/

https://www.guru.com/

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

If you're decent at programming (you must be if you realeased a full game) there are some websites where you can get hired for one-off jobs. Mostly it's things like "add a few things to my website", "make a small android app for a specific task", "write a script to automate a repetitive task" and so on. You can usually accept whatever jobs you feel like doing, so you don't need to worry about being overworked.

A few options:

https://www.upwork.com/

https://www.freelancer.com/

https://www.guru.com/

technically i used the unitydocumentation to make it, but i still made the scripts on my own, not the ones they gave.. basically i looked at how i should type it, then i typed it using the stuff i needed. 

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

technically i used the unitydocumentation to make it, but i still made the scripts on my own, not the ones they gave.. basically i looked at how i should type it, then i typed it using the stuff i needed. 

That's what programming is for the most part :P if you learn the basics of android development and a couple of languages like python and javascript, you should be able to take on most simple tasks. You don't need to know or remember how to do everything - you can always google the specifics. What matters is figuring out how to best solve a problem.

Still, you can always just take a look around and see if you feel up to the task. Maybe try and do some of the jobs without actually accepting them, just to get a feel for how hard it would be and if you could reasonably accept it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That's what programming is for the most part :P if you learn the basics of android development and a couple of languages like python and javascript, you should be able to take on most simple tasks. You don't need to know or remember how to do everything - you can always google the specifics. What matters is figuring out how to best solve a problem.

Still, you can always just take a look around and see if you feel up to the task. Maybe try and do some of the jobs without actually accepting them, just to get a feel for how hard it would be and if you could reasonably accept it.

damn, i found a game development job that paid 1500 to 3000 USD, but i cant get it cause i don’t have a review on my profile yet.. oof

1 minute ago, PacketMan said:

You can write down what you wanna buy and consider what things are worth and what things aren't.

i will work on the list soon. i need to get everything together first

29 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Those are not "skills" and are nothing to be proud of but they might carry you far in the business world when you're older

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

13 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

damn, i found a game development job that paid 1500 to 3000 USD, but i cant get it cause i don’t have a review on my profile yet.. oof

Be careful, if that's the pay it's probably beyond the skills of a beginner...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

44 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Those are not "skills" and are nothing to be proud of but they might carry you far in the business world when you're older

lol. oh well ?

39 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Be careful, if that's the pay it's probably beyond the skills of a beginner...

i would have gotten my friend to help, she’s really good at coding and i am good at 3d modeling / animating.. which is why we started a group.. anywho..

even ens if i wanted to, i can’t.. freelance says that i need to have someone leave a review on my profile or pay for a better plan before i can do it..

You could always cultivate and sell a certain plant, depending on what state you live in...

Just now, imreloadin said:

You could always cultivate and sell a certain plant, depending on what state you live in...

what kind of “certain” plant?

im pretty sure, if i am thinking or what you mean, it is not legal.. sadly it is only mediacally legal in florida.. ? that would be good business though

1 hour ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i can make games (parents won’t let me)

i don’t feel embarrassed.. i could start a channel where i just do the stupidest things.. right?.. idk

You sound like a self described psychopath.  Careful with that.

The list of jobs with the highest rates of psychopathy
  • CEO.
  • Lawyer.
  • Media (TV/Radio)
  • Salesperson.
  • Surgeon.
  • Journalist.
  • Police Officer.
  • Clergy Person.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

3 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Clergy Person.

well that explains a lot...

1 minute ago, Tristerin said:

You sound like a self described psychopath.  Careful with that.

The list of jobs with the highest rates of psychopathy
  • CEO.
  • Lawyer.
  • Media (TV/Radio)
  • Salesperson.
  • Surgeon.
  • Journalist.
  • Police Officer.
  • Clergy Person.

1. good idea, if i can make it that high

2. i don’t have the smarts, and i dont care about that stuff

3. like an actor? i guess.. i can make myself cry on command.. oof?

4. salesperson, that should work.. but i’m not interested in that line of work

5. i dont think i can be a surgeon, my hands constantly shake.. especially unde pressure

6. Journalist would require me to actually... talk to people ?

7. police officer? i dont have the dedication to run around in a car all day.. if i wanted to go into that line of work i’d join the army

8. clergy person? tf is that?

17 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

1. good idea, if i can make it that high

2. i don’t have the smarts, and i dont care about that stuff

3. like an actor? i guess.. i can make myself cry on command.. oof?

4. salesperson, that should work.. but i’m not interested in that line of work

5. i dont think i can be a surgeon, my hands constantly shake.. especially unde pressure

6. Journalist would require me to actually... talk to people ?

7. police officer? i dont have the dedication to run around in a car all day.. if i wanted to go into that line of work i’d join the army

8. clergy person? tf is that?

What I am saying more-so is that you are already recognizing your psychopathic tendencies (I lean towards the Sociopathic sphere.) - utilize your personal strengths and propel yourself forward - because today you are less than 16, couple *months* and you will be 23 (and no one likes you when you are 23...ba dum ching) - work towards a goal of making that big paper when you are older.

But also note that your psychopathic tendencies can be used for harm, and good - in the right hands.  Since I know I am very manipulative as a Sociopath mentality I do my very best to use this only for good.  I am a Brazilian jiu jitsu coach, work a full time job etc and I see tons of opportunities to use my *skills* for nefarious purposes - but I hold myself to a higher set of ideals.  Just recognize where you are on *the spectrum* and use it for good and to propel yourself into a good position in life, and help those around you as well.

Of course when I was 15 I would have told the adult to STFU Im 10 foot tall and bullet proof and aint nothing you are telling me is truth.

Clergy person is a priest, nun, rabbi, etc

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

17 hours ago, Tristerin said:

-snip-

psychopath? how can that be used for good? i’m confused..

9 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

-snip-

Helping your neighbors is definitely the best option. Do the classic law mowing service, lawn cleaning (pick up sticks, rake leaves, etc), driveway shoveling, etc.

If your photography doesn't suck and people are willing to buy it, go for it.

Was the stuff that you'd sell purchased by your parents? If so, that's kind of a dick move.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

Was the stuff that you'd sell purchased by your parents? If so, that's kind of a dick move.

well if i sell it, it’s toys or stuff they know i don’t use. either way, they can’t get mad if it’s mine and i want the money for something better.

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

well if i sell it, it’s toys or stuff they know i don’t use. either way, they can’t get mad if it’s mine and i want the money for something better.

They sure can since basically nothing you have is actually yours.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

They sure can since basically nothing you have is actually yours.

of course i’ll show them before i sell it. i legally cant sell to ebay, letgo, or anything like that without parents permission anyways

29 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

psychopath? how can that be used for good? i’m confused..

You are young, thus confused.  Age and wisdom beats youth and speed in the long run ;) Im a Sociopath.  You are a Psychopath (if you are being honest in your own description)

A high functioning psychopath and low functioning psychopath are two different things in society.

You also have Charisma (fake albeit) (for manipulation likely), a trait you could harness and use for leadership roles (management.  Since you are devoid of emotion you are likely cool under pressure.  That's a big skill in the Corp. board room meetings.  Fearless and focused are other traits you likely have. 

None of this means you have to be bad.  We live in a world where EVERYONE is somewhere on these spectrums.  They just don't like to admit it.

I am a high functioning Sociopath.  I am a Coach, Leader, and Mentor at my gym I own.  At work I am a pillar of my department, as I can lead others down a path of success through proper manipulation - even when they don't know they are being led or think they do not want to be led.

Or I could focus on just myself and manipulate those around me to make bad decisions detrimental to their work/life balance.  I could setup situations behind the scenes with my nefarious abilities to get people to look up to me, trust me - then watch them fail in order to make myself more successful.

However I consider myself a Modern Day Knight.  A Nerd Warrior.  So I do my very best to rise above the nefarious ideals.

11 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

-snip-

I'm less than 16 too and honestly one of the best connections is your parent's friends. I make some money for dogsitting for a friend of my dad. I made money babysitting for my mom's friend. I made some money selling PCs that I repaired from my mom's friend in IT. Maybe look on care.com , sell stuff on letgo maybe, find small jobs around the neighborhood mowing lawns or walking dogs. Maybe if youre lucky you can find a gig on facebook or craigslist. Seriously there are tons of opportunities for small jobs and off the paper jobs for teens. What I plan is after I turn 16 start working at Starbucks since they have great promotion opportunities, college tuitions, and heaps of benefits 

6 hours ago, Lil Ramen said:

-snip-

my parents don’t have many friends

care.com? i guess that is a good idea

facebook or craigslist? what can i do on there?

i wanna work at mcdonald’s, just until i have a real job, they hire at “14” according to google