Razer launches the Razer Phone 2, now with an RGB logo

D13H4RD

A mobile gaming powerhouse already exists, it's called the Nintendo 3DS. Unlike this thing, it actually has games people care about playing. Lmao "gaming phone" for ad riddled mobile games.

22 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

A mobile gaming powerhouse already exists, it's called the Nintendo 3DS. Unlike this thing, it actually has games people care about playing. Lmao "gaming phone" for ad riddled mobile games.

I agree actually, there was a time when I thought handheld gaming was going to die because of mobile, that was before the app store was littered with what is essentially shovel-ware. I find it's harder and harder to find good titles on app/play store, there is so many clones of the same games and most full fledged games still aren't very good. Games like Clash of Clans, Clash Royale and Fallout Shelter are good because they are designed with mobile in mind, ports of other titles with touch controls just don't do it for me. My 2DS is definitely a good purchase, some real quality titles for the system

I think the closest we've ever gotten to an actual full-fledged title on mobile is GRID Autosport

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I think the closest we've ever gotten to an actual full-fledged title on mobile is GRID Autosport

I mean the Gameloft titles, Dark Knight Rises, the Amazing Spiderman, Modern Combat etc. I actually found N.O.V.A. alright, but that was a while back now.

1 minute ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I mean the Gameloft titles, Dark Knight Rises, the Amazing Spiderman, Modern Combat etc. I actually found N.O.V.A. alright, but that was a while back now.

Ah, those.

Haven't played any new Gameloft title in years

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

34 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Ah, those.

Haven't played any new Gameloft title in years

Yeah, I don't know, they're high quality, but they're still mobile games, unless they use touch-functionality in a unique way, just get a handheld. Plus 3DS is cheap now too.

5 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

No I think it's just a typo, obviously the newer model is better than the last model. I think it's either just a typo or we're interpreting it wrong.✌️

No, its exactly what you think i mean. The 6s is overall a better phone than the 7. It is also the best iphone there is. 

And yes, its mostly due to the headphone jack. Just because something is newer, doesnt mean it is neccesarly better. And as far as i can tell, there was no good reason to get the 7 over the 6s

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

No, its exactly what you think i mean. The 6s is overall a better phone than the 7. It is also the best iphone there is. 

And yes, its mostly due to the headphone jack. Just because something is newer, doesnt mean it is neccesarly better. And as far as i can tell, there was no good reason to get the 7 over the 6s

Technically, the 7 is mostly better than the 6s.

It's just that people regard the 6s as being the complete package. That doesn't make it objectively better than the 7 overall, though

The 6s is still my favorite recent iPhone, however 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Ok now that's interesting. It is debatable, iPhone 7 obviously has a performance advantage over the 6s, as well as a battery size increase. If the headphone jack is that important to you, then you're right in the sense the iPhone 6s only removes features and doesn't really add any in exchange a minimal improvement in performance.

I'd choose the 7 just because it's newer hardware and I'm likely to get another year or so out of it, the headphone jack removal is an annoyance but not a deal breaker.

9 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Ok now that's interesting. It is debatable, iPhone 7 obviously has a performance advantage over the 6s, as well as a battery size increase. If the headphone jack is that important to you, then you're right in the sense the iPhone 6s only removes features and doesn't really add any in exchange a minimal improvement in performance.

I'd choose the 7 just because it's newer hardware and I'm likely to get another year or so out of it, the headphone jack removal is an annoyance but not a deal breaker.

Don’t forget that the speakers on the iPhone 7 blow the 6S’ out of the water. And that is a huge deal for watching videos. 

11 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

That....sounds somewhat awkward without context. XD

The context is somewhat fascinating however. Apple removed the headphone jack to make room for this incredible haptic vibration engine that nobody seemed to care for. Apple was very proud of it. But everyone else was crying « give me my headphone jack back! ». 

1 minute ago, kokakolia said:

The context is somewhat fascinating however. Apple removed the headphone jack to make room for this incredible haptic vibration engine that nobody seemed to care for. Apple was very proud of it. But everyone else was crying « give me my headphone jack back! ». 

I'd dare to say that more people care about the headphone jack rather than if it vibrates enough for ultimate experience. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

I'd dare to say that more people care about the headphone jack rather than if it vibrates enough for ultimate experience. 

Well, yeah... It’s just cool that Apple innovated in that area when nobody else did. However, it wasn’t as revolutionary as Apple would have hoped for. 

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I think it’s possible to have great haptics and a headphone jack in the same device 

2 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Well, yeah... It’s just cool that Apple innovated in that area when nobody else did. However, it wasn’t as revolutionary as Apple would have hoped for. 

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I think it’s possible to have great haptics and a headphone jack in the same device 

Yeah, for sure. I mean, many android devices have had really bad vibrating motors, some to the extent that you could say that they produce vibrating sounds, which is ridiculous. But then we have stuff like LG V30 and later, S9 or Note 9, which have both the headphone jack, many more gimmicks as well as a actually good vibrating motors. Mind you not iPhone level but really good. So yeah it's possible. 

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

Yeah, for sure. I mean, many android devices have had really bad vibrating motors, some to the extent that you could say that they produce vibrating sounds, which is ridiculous. But then we have stuff like LG V30 and later, S9 or Note 9, which have both the headphone jack, many more gimmicks as well as a actually good vibrating motors. Mind you not iPhone level but really good. So yeah it's possible. 

The one in the G7 is apparently pretty close to the iPhone in terms of haptics 

24 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

The one in the G7 is apparently pretty close to the iPhone in terms of haptics 

Outstandingly good

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/3/29/17175466/android-haptic-feedback-is-bad-why

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2018/07/04/the-four-subtle-things-that-sets-the-lg-g7-apart/#335a97bc3531