Where to buy PC parts in Taiwan with the best prices?

noobsaibot999
Go to solution Solved by bleedblue,
1 hour ago, noobsaibot999 said:

From Taiwan? I read that pc stuff are actually more expensive in that place

No, just carried computer components in my bag.

Haven't been to Taiwan.

If you heard that stuff there is more expensive, just buy local. Plenty of cheap stuff in places like Gilmore.

My sister is on a Vacay there for a few days, I think I could get her to buy stuff I could only point her to the right place.

I plan to buy an Adata XPG sx8200 and Gelid GC extreme.

You guys have any suggested stores?

If she does buy the parts, how does she plan on getting the parts back to the U.S. of A?  Mailing them might be the only option because the airlines aren't too keen on letting electronic parts thru customs for obvious reasons.  I spent some time in Taipei working at the US Embassy while in the Air Force but that was 45 years ago.  From what I understand now, electronics stores in Taiwan are like the old days of Radio Shack.  There is one on every corner.

9 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

If she does buy the parts, how does she plan on getting the parts back to the U.S. of A?  Mailing them might be the only option because the airlines aren't too keen on letting electronic parts thru customs for obvious reasons.  I spent some time in Taipei working at the US Embassy while in the Air Force but that was 45 years ago.  From what I understand now, electronics stores in Taiwan are like the old days of Radio Shack.  There is one on every corner.

Forgot to tell I'm from Philippines. Do they not allow m.2 SSDs or Thermal Paste for hand carry?

24 minutes ago, noobsaibot999 said:

Forgot to tell I'm from Philippines. Do they not allow m.2 SSDs or Thermal Paste for hand carry?

Airports allow it.
Source: I did it.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

2 hours ago, bleedblue said:

Airports allow it.
Source: I did it.

1 hour ago, noobsaibot999 said:

No, just carried computer components in my bag.

Haven't been to Taiwan.

If you heard that stuff there is more expensive, just buy local. Plenty of cheap stuff in places like Gilmore.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.