NEW LAPTOP NOT PERFORMING WELL

Darvs

LAPTOP SPECS:

MSI GV62 7RD-2640PH
INTEL CORE i7 7700HQ
RAM - 4GB DDR4
1TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

I bought my laptop 5 months ago and expecting it to have minimal lag since it has high GPU and CPU.But weeks of using it I found that my DISK and CPU are spiking to 80-100 and a lot of crashes of application occurred even Chrome is the only app that is running with 3 tabs will make my Laptop freeze and occur BSoD * I forgot the  codes but I remember some says VIDEO SCHEDULER*. It is too slow doing a basic task like opening File Manager, searching files from Windows and Opening apps. I was depressed knowing my friends that has lower specs laptop runs better than my laptop Any idea or Suggestions? It will be a big help.

PS.

Since I'm studying and don't have much money, what part should I upgrade 1st if the fix is upgrading.

Tweeks I made:

Update Drivers

Update Windows

Used Nvida gtx 1050 as main driver

Set the Battery to High Performance.

4 minutes ago, Darvs said:

I found that my DISK and CPU are spiking to 80-100 and a lot of crashes of application occurred even

Run a virus scan. Viruses can often cause high CPU and disk usage, which will slow down the system.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Hey spotty, already done Deep scans and it actually helps. But the DISK still into it. :(

I wasn't able to say that my CPU is now on its stable condition, but I'm more concern on its performance. 

If you're getting crashes, make sure you update all the drivers/bios from the manufacturer website.

As for performance you need more RAM (at least 8GB total), you also need an SSD as mechanical HDD is just to slow these days for an OS. Also the GPU is definitely not high end, it is low end (still ok for casual gaming though at 1080p). When gaming you should look to disable turbo boost as well to keep cooling better, the CPU is probably thermal throttling.

Have you tough of doing a clean install of Windows 10. Laptop are fill with junk from manufacturer.

1 minute ago, schwellmo92 said:

If you're getting crashes, make sure you update all the drivers/bios from the manufacturer website.

You need more RAM (at least 8GB total), you also need an SSD as mechanical HDD is just to slow these days for an OS. Also the GPU is definitely not high end, it would be considered lower end.

I was planning to buy additional 4GB ram and m.2 ssd where I can put my OS and use my 1TB to become my storage. 

Just now, Zmax said:

Have you tough of doing a clean install of Windows 10. Laptop are fill with junk from manufacturer.

Haven't done this yet, any instructions on how to do this? 

1 minute ago, Darvs said:

I was planning to buy additional 4GB ram and m.2 ssd where I can put my OS and use my 1TB to become my storage. 

Those two will improve your laptop dramatically, 4GB is way to low and then when you run out of RAM it is having to store swap file on slow mechanical HDD.

3 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Those two will improve your laptop dramatically, 4GB is way to low and then when you run out of RAM it is having to store swap file on slow mechanical HDD.

Thanks for your recommendation @schwellmo92.

9 minutes ago, Darvs said:

Hey spotty, already done Deep scans and it actually helps. But the DISK still into it. :(

No viruses found then?...

Is the disk making any strange noises, such as clicking or grinding noises? Does it take a long time to browse files in windows explorer on the computer?
You can run a program known as CrystalDiskInfo to give you information on your hard drive and check the SMART health status of the drive. Because of the BSODs you've been experiencing, which in some cases can be caused by failing HDDs if the OS is installed on them, you should at least try to rule the HDD out as being the cause.

4 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

@schwellmo92 is likely right here. You might be relying on the HDD for pagefile which is why your system is slow to respond and why your HDD is experiencing constant load. You should be able to view your RAM usage in task manager.

2 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

You need more RAM (at least 8GB total), you also need an SSD as mechanical HDD is just to slow these days for an OS. Also the GPU is definitely not high end, it would be considered lower end.

If it's the fully fledged GTX 1050 chip with 4GB Vram and not the low power mobile variant, then it will be alright for a 1080p laptop. There are better GPUs in laptops out there, but at least it isn't an iGPU :D

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

No viruses found then?...

Is the disk making any strange noises, such as clicking or grinding noises? Does it take a long time to browse files in windows explorer on the computer?
You can run a program known as CrystalDiskInfo to give you information on your hard drive and check the SMART health status of the drive. Because of the BSODs you've been experiencing, which in some cases can be caused by failing HDDs if the OS is installed on them, you should at least try to rule the HDD out as being the cause.

@schwellmo92 is likely right here. You might be relying on the HDD for pagefile which is why your system is slow to respond and why your HDD is experiencing constant load. You should be able to view your RAM usage in task manager.

If it's the fully fledged GTX 1050 chip with 4GB Vram and not the low power mobile variant, then it will be alright for a 1080p laptop. There are better GPUs in laptops out there, but at least it isn't an iGPU :D

I actually heard a grinding noise but I didnt notice it. I only notice this sound when my Laptop is on and my room is quiet 1 week before the purchase, so I urgently went to their technician and let them hear the noise, they told me that "it was normal since it is working", but I insisted, because I know what running HDD sound like. Since it was I just Ignore it and think that it is the cause of the problem.

2 minutes ago, Darvs said:

I actually heard a grinding noise but I didnt notice it. I only notice this sound when my Laptop is on and my room is quiet 1 week before the purchase, so I urgently went to their technician and let them hear the noise, they told me that "it was normal since it is working", but I insisted, because I know what running HDD sound like. Since it was I just Ignore it and think that it is the cause of the problem.

Bad drive, Very possible. Do a backup or copy of all important stuff, you don't want to lose

5 minutes ago, Darvs said:

4 minutes ago, Zmax said:

Bad drive, Very possible. Do a backup or copy of all important stuff, you don't want to lose

Thats bad :((. Is that the reason why I'm having low performance and 100% disk?

1 minute ago, Zmax said:

Could be, sound of a good drive

The sound that I heard was exactly with the sound of Copy and Paste buy it is so quiet you won't notice.

Ok then go --Start -- type->resource monitor--look at CPU -- to see what is using the resources

You may have a program running in the background. From the Laptop maker

On 10/11/2018 at 1:30 AM, Zmax said:

Ok then go --Start -- type->resource monitor--look at CPU -- to see what is using the resources

You may have a program running in the background. From the Laptop maker

This is my Resource Monitor

image.thumb.png.078d5d0e5249120ad672937da0946167.png