Fan placement for cooler master q300l

leegarnham87

At present I have the following

1 X 240mm aio

4 X 120mm case fans

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mini-tower/masterbox-q300l/

I planned to if possible mount the aio as an exhaust in the top of the case and have one 120mm as an exhaust at the back. The further three to act as Intakes on the front and bottom of the case

Does this seem a fair setup. If the radiator does not fit I was going to have this at the front as exhaust and the top would have two X 120mm intake aswell as the rear as intake. The front bottom. Would be 120mm exhaust 

Graphics card handles its own cooling as hot air is exhausted straight out the back 

You should probably do front / bottom intake and rear / top exhaust in either case so that the blower style graphics card gets a good supply of air. The rad will probably have to be at the front.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Do the front radiator would bring in air intake the case and the top /back fans would exhaust 

On 10/10/2018 at 11:11 AM, leegarnham87 said:

Do the front radiator would bring in air intake the case and the top /back fans would exhaust 

That's how it works. Your GPU temps might be tad higher than what they would if rad was as exhaust.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Okay so I managed to do it. 

Radiator in the top as exhaust aswell as rear exhaust. And 2 X 120mm intakes at the front. Soon to be 3. Pic belowIMG_20181013_120417.thumb.jpg.7cef8e0bfefd5ed1e99a883114c3c86c.jpg

IMG_20181013_114153.jpg

After one hour of aida64 max temp of GPU was 68c and Max CPU was 58. And Max motherboard was 42. Not bad at LL 

• 2 years later...
On 1/17/2021 at 7:34 PM, LagS0_Hard said:

How did this cooling setup workout in the long run? 

OP hasn't logged-in in almost 2 years. Please don't necro threads like this. You can post your own if needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv