i7 3930k Temps dont seem right?

So  i currently have a i7 3930k on a P9x79 Mother board
Right now im getting 47c temps while idle and when gaming depends on the game it can jump as high
as 67c

corsair H80i cooler

I noticed when it got this high i wouldnt hear the fans run faster so randomly I Went and bought a new PSU since it was the cheapest step.

Now i dont get the random restarts on my system but the high temps do concern me.

i Found some 4820K  on ebay for $100-$140 should i just change the cpu's or get a new CPU Cooler?

Capture.PNG

The temps for your cpu is perfectly normal with the H80i. If you want the cpu to be cooler the best thing you can do is get a better cpu cooler. The i7 4820k is kinda of a down grade from your i7 3930k since the 4820k is 4 cores 8 threads

Idle temps don't matter much, and 67C under load is pretty good. I get about 81C max under load (granted I'm overclocked quite a bit).

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Well what scared me was that if it hit 69 higher pc would shutdown

Just now, logicmethod said:

Can you tell us what power supply do you have.

5 minutes ago, logicmethod said:

600w EVGA just bought it yesterday replaced old one

The model please

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

9 minutes ago, logicmethod said:

Is this something that did happen, or something that you are worried might happen?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Is this something that did happen, or something that you are worried might happen?

it was something that was happening while gaming would just turn off after high temps depending on game sometimes 10mins or 1 hour in
but since new psu hasnt happened yet

Just now, logicmethod said:

it was something that was happening while gaming would just turn off after high temps depending on game sometimes 10mins or 1 hour in
but since new psu hasnt happened yet

Okay, thought the problem was still happening with the new psu. Seems like your old psu wasn't powerful enough to power your system under load.

Just now, Remesy said:

Okay, thought the problem was still happening with the new psu. Seems like your old psu wasn't powerful enough to power your system under load. 

well this one is same exact model as one that was "failing"

1 minute ago, logicmethod said:

well this one is same exact model as one that was "failing"

Try running some stress test for the cpu and gpu together to see if your computer crashes. 

3 minutes ago, Remesy said:

Try running some stress test for the cpu and gpu together to see if your computer crashes. 

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, logicmethod said:

-snip-

If you are using real temp, use real temp GT that is in the same folder. It'll show all 6 of your cores instead of 4. What I want to know is if your computer crashes under load so run something like p95 together with unigine heaven at the same time to see if it crashes. If your computer didn't crash then there was something faulty with your first psu since it is the same model as the 2nd one. Also your i7 3930k can go up to 90C before it throttles itself down.

9 minutes ago, Remesy said:

If you are using real temp, use real temp GT that is in the same folder. It'll show all 6 of your cores instead of 4. What I want to know is if your computer crashes under load so run something like p95 together with unigine heaven at the same time to see if it crashes. If your computer didn't crash then there was something faulty with your first psu since it is the same model as the 2nd one. Also your i7 3930k can go up to 90C before it throttles itself down.

Untitled.png

5 minutes ago, logicmethod said:

-snip-

Just open unigine heaven with max settings with tessellation at max and make it windowed mode(you don't need to run it in benchmark just let it keep looping), then run p95 stress test for a hour. If your computer doesn't crash then your pc is fine and that your previous psu was faulty.

1 minute ago, Remesy said:

Just open unigine heaven with max settings with tessellation at max and make it windowed mode(you don't need to run it in benchmark just let it keep looping), then run p95 stress test for a hour. If your computer doesn't crash then your pc is fine and that your previous psu was faulty. 

OK will do  thanks so much for helping figure this out will test tommorrow and post back its late here EST have work in am