I need help... not sure if this is the right post.

Jguilfl

Please help. I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’m getting desperate. I’m running into some issues at startup. I’m getting a BSOD with multiple errors. Usually it loops like this a couple times and starts. But now it’s giving me a BSOD sometimes and sometimes not. It will bring me to log in screen then when I log in it gives me a black screen with a cursor. I try to shut down and restart and it’s only giving me the same thing. Login then when I log in it gives me black screen with a cursor. A little background I just received this computer about a week ago from a friend. It needed ram and a hard drive. System specs are intel i5 7500, GeForce gtx950, 16 gigs ddr4 Corsair, Samsung 860evo 500gb. I’ve exhausted my googlefu and I’m stuck. Please help. 

what OS are you running?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

You got all the latest patches/updates/drivers?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Try using only 1 slot for now and see if it boots. Probably be no difference but worth a try.

The CPU could also be overheating so make sure the cooler is securely attached with Thermal Paste applied.

CPU has been running at normal temps. Peaks about 55*c while gaming. And yes it had thermal paste applied. I can try only 1 ram and see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

You got all the latest patches/updates/drivers?

AFAIK. I even uninstalled the graphics card drivers and reinstalled the latest one thinking that maybe I had a faulty install or you know, gremlins. But nothing. Still the same. 

Well then ruling out software i'll pick up where @TheBritishVillain left off.  Try one stick in EACH slot then try the other stick in each of the slots and come back to us

On 10/10/2018 at 4:31 AM, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Well then ruling out software i'll pick up where @TheBritishVillain left off.  Try one stick in EACH slot then try the other stick in each of the slots and come back to us

Sorry for the length in between reply’s. I’ve actually had no problems for the past few days. Now all of a sudden I’m getting them again. BSOD and now something new. I get to the windows screen before login (where it shows date and time) I hit enter to go to my password login screen and it just flashes and does nothing. Try ctrl, alt, del and same thing flashes and does nothing. Shut down restart and maybe get BSOD maybe not but I can’t get past the time and date screen.