Best Value 1080p 24'' Monitor

Athenyx

I'm looking for a 1080p monitor for my next build and I don't know which one to pick. My budget is around 100-130€ so I was thinking to buy this BenQ GW2470H, but I'm up for recommendations. Buying in Spain or Germany.

Yeah, I think you already chose a really good monitor for your build. People gave it good reviews. And anyway you are buying it off amazon so you can return it if you have a problem.

15 minutes ago, Athenyx said:

I'm looking for a 1080p monitor for my next build and I don't know which one to pick. My budget is around 100-130€ so I was thinking to buy this BenQ GW2470H, but I'm up for recommendations. Buying in Spain or Germany.

You should get a case that has airflow

and an RX 570/580 makes more sense with current prices.

Saving money in those areas could possibly get you a 1080p 144hz display which would be great for gaming. Also has free-sync as a "free" bonus.

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tJ86yX
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tJ86yX/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (€159.90 @ Alternate)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€112.58 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: *G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€127.99 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: *Crucial - MX500 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€80.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 4GB PULSE Video Card  (€199.90 @ Caseking)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€44.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€67.70 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Monitor: ViewSonic - XG2401 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  (€219.90 @ Caseking)
Total: €1013.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-09 22:01 CEST+0200

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I got the BenQ GW2270H, so I can definitely recommend the GW2470H. Picture is very clear, good colors and good blacks.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

22 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You should get a case that has airflow

and an RX 570/580 makes more sense with current prices.

Saving money in those areas could possibly get you a 1080p 144hz display which would be great for gaming. Also has free-sync as a "free" bonus.

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tJ86yX
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tJ86yX/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (€159.90 @ Alternate)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€112.58 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: *G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€127.99 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: *Crucial - MX500 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€80.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 4GB PULSE Video Card  (€199.90 @ Caseking)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€44.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€67.70 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Monitor: ViewSonic - XG2401 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  (€219.90 @ Caseking)
Total: €1013.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-09 22:01 CEST+0200

Do I really need a 144Hz monitor? I agree with the case, I'm a little stuck in that part where I want a white case with good cooling (was thinking of the Silverstone RS06, maybe a little expensive, so the Focus G might be good). Should I pick a RX 580 with 8GB better for a bit more?

144hz provides a very smooth image. Go to a store that has 144hz monitor to test them out. The difference between 60hz and 144hz is very huge.

However, if you have strict requirements, it maybe doesn't fit your needs. So what are your requirements for a monitor?

Despite I experienced 144hz, I got a 60hz monitor because this one fits my needs.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

11 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

144hz provides a very smooth image. Go to a store that has 144hz monitor to test them out. The difference between 60hz and 144hz is very huge.

However, if you have strict requirements, it maybe doesn't fit your needs. So what are your requirements for a monitor?

Despite I experienced 144hz, I got a 60hz monitor because this one fits my needs.

My requirement is that I can play games like LoL, Rise of the Tomb Rider, F1 2018, XCOM 2 or Overwatch smoothly. I always played in a laptop so playing at 60 fps is the most I ever experienced. Maybe I should consider the 144Hz option. I always thought it went over my 1000€ budget, and I never considered RX card+Freesync as I was getting only a 60Hz monitor.

29 minutes ago, Athenyx said:

Do I really need a 144Hz monitor? I agree with the case, I'm a little stuck in that part where I want a white case with good cooling (was thinking of the Silverstone RS06, maybe a little expensive, so the Focus G might be good). Should I pick a RX 580 with 8GB better for a bit more?

So long as the RX 580 isn't an MSI armor card the cooler should be fine, gigabyte's cooler may be weak as well

If the money isn't a big deal the extra VRAM is nice for the long haul.

If you aren't getting a 144hz display any 1080p IPS display will be fine, should be closer to $100

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Athenyx said:

My requirement is that I can play games like LoL, Rise of the Tomb Rider, F1 2018, XCOM 2 or Overwatch smoothly. I always played in a laptop so playing at 60 fps is the most I ever experienced. Maybe I should consider the 144Hz option. I always thought it went over my 1000€ budget, and I never considered RX card+Freesync as I was getting only a 60Hz monitor.

For LoL/Overwatch 144hz is especially useful

for the AAA games where you may have fps dips free-sync is useful

there are a lot of 1080p 60-75hz free-sync displays as well near $100, but they mostly have TN panels which are fine, but worse than IPS overall IMO.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

So long as the RX 580 isn't an MSI armor card the cooler should be fine, gigabyte's cooler may be weak as well

If the money isn't a big deal the extra VRAM is nice for the long haul.

If you aren't getting a 144hz display any 1080p IPS display will be fine, should be closer to $100

I think I will post again in the New Builds and Planning place to try and round the build again to a 1000€ budget with the past months and the new info. Thanks for the help here ^^.

DAC/AMPs: