Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is this the best time to build pc?

dgsddfgdfhgs

specifically a ryzen pc,

besides the expected unrealistic prices of intel 9th gen, and disappointing gpu prices

all other components seems to be a relatively low price right now, looks great to build pc now, what do you think?

(oh black friday and xmax? someplace dont have that..... and may even go up at that time.....)

I don't think RAM really went down, they are still hella expensive. But if you saved up some money it's a-OK.

Motherboard: MSI BM250-PRO-VD           <-- Build 1    Build 2 -->        Motherboard: ASRock Z370M Pro4                     
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700                                                   CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080                                          GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX660 (Saving money for RTX 2080)
RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2400Mhz                                        RAM: HyperX Predator 16gb DDR4 3000mhz
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620w Bronze+                                      PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 650W
CPU Cooler: Gammax 400                                                    CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
SSD: Kingston A400 250GB                                                  HDD/SSD: 3 * 1TB WD blue Kingston A400 250GB 
Headphones: HYPERX CLOUD ALPHA                                                                                               Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB
Monitor: LG 24GM77                                                                                                               Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600
CaseFans: 3 140mm                                                                                                                Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8+
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 500
Phone: Nokia 7 plus

hehe yeaaah boy
https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2018_09/111.PNG.5713b4f39cae3a5badac216b30d99e65.PNG

You want to code but don't know how ? (Personal list)

black friday... maybe.

as for ram prices.. i bought my ram 2 weeks ago for €130... right now that same exact kit costs €160

at the same time gpu prices are going down a little.

and amd ryzen 1st gen is going down in price alot so thats a thing

but i think that yes we have hit a stable point in pricing a bit but i'm really unsure as to how the prices will grow or develop in the coming months

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

If you have the money go for it. RAM prices are still up which sucks especially for a Ryzen system but, other than that it's fine.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Waiting is never a bad idea - if you need it now, go for it, otherwise don't. We probably won't see a new ryzen generation for 4-5 months at least.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

I guess prices will be very stable till mid 2019 for ssd, ram, just guessing.

our last hope is amd to cut off nvidia and intel prices 

2 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

specifically a ryzen pc,

besides the expected unrealistic prices of intel 9th gen, and disappointing gpu prices

all other components seems to be a relatively low price right now, looks great to build pc now, what do you think?

(oh black friday and xmax? someplace dont have that..... and may even go up at that time.....)

Its kind of hard to say, because prices are contantly changing with new stuff coming almost everyday.
What I realy recomend it was of what I have learn in this last years of building and doing "budgets" pc desktops for companys and friends...

I realy recomend to define a budget, budget is like what do you want to spend (can be a 500$, be 1000$, can be 5000$...)
Define your budget first. Because without budget what happends is "oh I want a 1060, or just 25 more and I get that shinny rbg 1060, oh 100 more and I get 1070 oh 200 more and I get 1080" just to say that there are a lot of options and most of the times with just 10 20 50 more you get a beter model good looking...

So define your budget first.

About the best time, most of my years of builing I did buy pcs for almost every time of the year, but when someone does not need it or want it right know, I would recomend in the chrismas time, normaly ist the time when new componets come out games and but sales. I usualy buy everything from the same shop because I know the have great prices.

Just let me know if you need anyhelp

I hope it helps.

Trokato Out.