keybaord seem to act up?

orze

ive had tthhis keyboard for a vary long time.

itts a razer black widow utimate

latly after moving to this new pc i notticed wann i ttype i get allot of double and triple letters being typed.

to explain

if ill press "H" if i wont take my finger off by the milisecond i pressed it. it will type HHHHHH

innsted of what im used to with press a few miliseconds of pause and then a rettype it seems to be typing the next letter immediately without thhat pauses so unless i remove my finger a milisecond after typing it will write a string of that latter

so wan i write senttences i get wierd double lettters....im sure ill miss a few in this topic so the point will be proven.

if be honnest got no other keyboard tto chack but the problem startted with this pc

any1 knnows how to fix this stupid problem.

cpu: 5950x

mobo: asus tuf pro x570

gpu: 3090 FE 

ram: 32gb G.SKILL Trident Z 3200 c14

psu: Antec HCP1300w Platinum (overkill i know...got it for a good price)

thats all needed right?...i didnt study for this exam....

Clean the keyboard.

There's also a setting in Windows to adjust the delay between a keystroke and repeating the key press, for when a user holds down a key. You might be able to adjust this setting to reduce some of the repeated key strokes. Search "Keyboard" in the start menu and open the Keyboard settings and increase the "Repeat delay" slider.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Clean the keyboard.

There's also a setting in Windows to adjust the delay between a keystroke and repeating the key press, for when a user holds down a key. You might be able to adjust this setting to reduce some of the repeated key strokes. Search "Keyboard" in the start menu and open the Keyboard settings and increase the "Repeat delay" slider.

this happens with all keys and its a preety clean machannical keyboard....thhe keys dont feel like they get stuck at all....

wierdly i dont feel it in gaming at all...

well i got a update....seems that the key himself isnnt really in well...

if i wiggle the keys left and write it seems to happen...

so i gess it counts it as a few key strokes isnted of a lonng 1...

so that means i need a new keyboard....dont i...

11 hours ago, geo3 said:

Try the keyboard on a different PC first.

yep still happens.

ive chacked other keys too om this keyboard and it seems only a few keys got this problem...

T N H M and im preety sure this is all. it seem to act up on the way of the innside part thing not set well so it get wiggled left and right on press making it double press.....is it even fixable?

4 hours ago, orze said:

..is it even fixable?

Probably. To test remove the housing to expose the PCB. On the back of the PCB use something metal to jump the pins of the faulty switch. If it behaves normal then the switch itself is the problem. Replace it. This is by far the most likely scenario.

If it does the same thing then it could be a partially broken PCB trace, bad diode or something wrong with the controller chip.

Doides can be replaced almost as easily as a switch, broken traces can be jumped with a small wire. A broken contoler can be replaced but it's both difficult to get the part and to resolder the new one on. Not worth it at that point.

7 hours ago, geo3 said:

Probably. To test remove the housing to expose the PCB. On the back of the PCB use something metal to jump the pins of the faulty switch. If it behaves normal then the switch itself is the problem. Replace it. This is by far the most likely scenario.

If it does the same thing then it could be a partially broken PCB trace, bad diode or something wrong with the controller chip.

Doides can be replaced almost as easily as a switch, broken traces can be jumped with a small wire. A broken contoler can be replaced but it's both difficult to get the part and to resolder the new one on. Not worth it at that point.

the only thing i think on is if its even worth doing all of that...

its a old keyboard...should i just go grab a new 1?....

i dont even know how many keys are fucked honstly.

made this video to show