Best Soundcard Option Under $50

WolfireSounds
Go to solution Solved by BigDamn,

I own an Asus Xonar card that sounds pretty good and has decent software. Never had issues with it, and it sounds far better than integrated audio, especially if you use an equalizer. I have also owned some Creative Labs cards that I think sound better, but don't always have the most stable drivers (especially as they age). Something like this one would be fine. Can't go wrong with either.

USB Dac's are another good option that you may look into if you have a laptop. I owned a FiiO branded DAC that I like. Still prefer my Sound Blaster ZXR though.

I would like a soundcard instead of my integraded audio chip simply because I would like something better than my iPhone 6s audio and Realtek ALC892. When I have my headphones plugged into my iPhone 6s, it sounds much better than when plugged into my pc. I was looking at the ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E GX2.5 but I do not know if it'd be better. If there is anything better that anyone can recommend me for under $50, that'd be great. Also, it has to be PCI-E 1x. Thank you in advance.

5 minutes ago, WolfireSounds said:

I would like a soundcard instead of my integraded audio chip simply because I would like something better than my iPhone 6s audio and Realtek ALC892. When I have my headphones plugged into my iPhone 6s, it sounds much better than when plugged into my pc. I was looking at the ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E GX2.5 but I do not know if it'd be better. If there is anything better that anyone can recommend me for under $50, that'd be great. Also, it has to be PCI-E 1x. Thank you in advance.

the sound card ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E GX2.5  would be good it sounds nice (i have it in my server system)

so go with the ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E GX2.5 

8 minutes ago, WolfireSounds said:

Would getting a stand alone DAC + Headphone amp be out of the question? 

It allows you to use it in multiple applications and will sound quite a bit better than a sound card. You may have to stretch your budget a bit but it would be worth it.

Something like this for $100.00 would really let you enjoy your music and give you some room to upgrade to slightly harder to drive headphones in the future if wanted.

http://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-1

I own an Asus Xonar card that sounds pretty good and has decent software. Never had issues with it, and it sounds far better than integrated audio, especially if you use an equalizer. I have also owned some Creative Labs cards that I think sound better, but don't always have the most stable drivers (especially as they age). Something like this one would be fine. Can't go wrong with either.

USB Dac's are another good option that you may look into if you have a laptop. I owned a FiiO branded DAC that I like. Still prefer my Sound Blaster ZXR though.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

i got a used Soundblaster Z for that, its pretty good IMO but im no audio expert. had to turn the bass way down because it boosted it like crazy and there was some other thing i also had to toggle to make it actiually sound right but overall its pretty nice

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

Would getting a stand alone DAC + Headphone amp be out of the question? 

It allows you to use it in multiple applications and will sound quite a bit better than a sound card. You may have to stretch your budget a bit but it would be worth it.

Something like this for $100.00 would really let you enjoy your music and give you some room to upgrade to slightly harder to drive headphones in the future if wanted.

http://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-1

Yeah, the max I'd really want to spend is $50. Plus, I'd prefer to have it on the inside.

8 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

Thank you for the information! Will be going for the Xonar. Also, I do not have a laptop. Well I do, I just don't work with a lot of audio on it.

9 minutes ago, WolfireSounds said:

Yeah, the max I'd really want to spend is $50. Plus, I'd prefer to have it on the inside.

Yeah at $50.00 your best going with the sound card option you really gotta spend about $100.00 for a decent entry level dac/amp..   Good luck with your purchase hope you enjoy it!

Cheers.