Fuzzy screen on monitor

Terrails

I have a 2 monitor setup and I've really ignored this problem for some time now, but it started being annoying, now it happens every single time. Whenever my monitors go to sleep when the PC is inactive and when they wake up after I move the mouse... etc. One of them, depends which one, its random, gets all fuzzy. I'll attach a picture I took with my phone, you have to zoom a little bit but you'll see it, its all kind of fuzzy. The picture I took now is really minimal sometimes it even makes it so half of the screen goes all crazy and the other half is the same as in that picture. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the monitors since it happens on both of them, and I've never had a problem with them, only when this happens. The only thing I can do to fix this issue is to restart my PC or change the resolution and then change it back but thats gets annoying real fast. I'm not really sure what is causing this. I tried to download the monitor drivers from the website and installing them, and looking for new drivers but nothing helped.

Specs:

Monitors: AOC G2260VWQ6 (Connected with DisplayPort)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MBO: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS

RAM: 2 x 4 GB Kingston HyperX 2166 MHz

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1060 6GB

PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W

IMG_0443.JPG

looks like maybe a bad cable or display out

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

Check your connection to the GPU. Are you using a cheap cable?

I checked the connections every time it happened and they're alright. I'm using Delock cables I bought for $10 each, since I wasn't sure if I was getting the cables together with the monitor. I could try to swap it to the cables that came with the monitor and come back to you tomorrow, but I doubt that will help. I also forgot to say this, whenever that happened and I tried to turn off and on the monitor that did that, both monitors would get black screen and NO SIGNAL, the only solution then is to restart the PC.

Switching the cables didn't work at all. I'm pretty sure its not a hardware issue but a software issue with windows but I really don't know whats causing it. Now it happened on both monitors, one got the same thing as the previous picture and the other got that weird thing where the right part of the screen gets moved to the left part. I'm starting to think to its because of DisplayPort but why would it cause that, I could switch to HDMI but the problem is to my VR set uses one HDMI so I have only 1 left.

IMG_0444.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

A bit of a late update but I looked into this issue a bit more and found another thread on the forums that is pretty much identical to mine. I also found another one on EVGA forums and I'm like 99% sure that its an issue with nvidia drivers, I could rollback to an old version but that doesn't help at all. I tried to switch to HDMI and everything worked fine, but I can't make my refresh rate 75 Hz if I use HDMI and I still need a port for my Vive (I could buy that mini DP to DP cable for it) but why would I have to switch to HDMI when the issue is something with the drivers. There's probably some kind of issue when the GPU tries to wake the monitors from sleep.