1 specific Virtual Desktop on 1 specific monitor

I am running Windows 10 on 1 machine, 3 years old, but it works, mostly.

I have it hooked up to HD monitor and 1 Samsung HD TV.
I have used cloned screens, 1 picture on a 1|2 setup, so both always show the same, and i have used it as an expanded desktop, so 1+2, but, that is not much use if you cannot see it.

So sure, i could just keep it cloned, BUT, if you want a movie to play on the TV for one person to watch, and i want to keep doing something else in the PC, i know that is possible with expanded desktop, and i know i can drag a video in there and fullscreen it, but it's not really a great solution, it actually pretty much sucks balls.

I know there are apps to control the PC from a distance, either use my iphone and or ipad as a mouse, with Remote Mouse (what's in a name) which is still useless, or even as a screen on distance, like Splashtop, but that doesn;t solve me being able to do something else on the PC monitor, and i have not tried both the Remote Mouse or the Splashtop on multi monitor setups, i wonder if that works well at all.

So, what have i gotten into my mind that i want ?
Well, i like virtual desktops, so i can switch between activities and have all kinds of screens open for looking stuff up and moving data and installing stuff and changing some graphics on another so i dont have to keep screwing around since just Alt+Tab won't do enough and minimizing all kinds of windows just plain sux. I have programmed 2 keys to switch desktops with WinKey+Ctrl+Left and WinKey+Ctrl+Right really fast.

So could i solve this by making a Desktop 3 or 4 or whatever, and have only that show on the HD TV ? Like lock 1 Virtual Desktop to 1 screen ?
That way that will just keep going whatever i do and i can keep switchnig and working on my own PC using it's own (Virtual) Desktops.
Yes, this may be a weird solution and a weird ask, and i have trouble getting this done or even finding anything about it.
And i feel this is right one of those crazy things LTT would do a video on to figure out even though it is something really almost nobody uses much.
Though i do think that if it was easy, open a desktop, set it to share that only to just one extra screen would be cool and handy.

Is there any way to do this ? Or something similar ?
I need to just be able to have only one desktop show up at that one TV, my PC and Monitor should be able to access all.
I hope, and think, you guys know what i mean.

It would be even cooler if even the sound could be split the audio as well, but i do not see that happening ?
If it was possible to only use that Desktops' Audio to that TV that would be great, but i don't think i can, my Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI mobo has no Digital Audio Out, just the Black/Green/Orange/Blue/Pink/Grey standard, split to both a Logitech Z-5500 for the Movie watching and the PC has it's own Creative Surround Set, I don't know if i could do the audio over HDMI to the TV ?
I do have the TV's audio together with a console's audio over Digital Audio to the Z-5500, so i f there was some way to split that up that would be even better, but that's not even an ask, i would be fine with just the TV being only able to see the on Virtual Desktop, i'd still be able to do my own thing on the PC as long as it doesn;t make too much sound, which is fine with most web browsing and office work and Photoshop etc.

So, do i even have a hope in hell to fix one Desktop to one TV/Monitor ?

Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF
Socket 1150 LGA
Intel(R) Core(TM) Haswell i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz
2x4Gb HyperX DDR3
2x8Gb HyperX DDR3
For a total of 24Gb (I love having lots of windows and Tabs open)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2Gb GDDR5
Kingston SSDNow S300 240Gb
Seagate Barracuda 4Tb ST4000DM005
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Acer 23,8" G246HYL
Samsung 46" LE46D650
Yes, this was just Budget Best Bang for your Buck Runner up about 3 years ago.

15 minutes ago, ANARCHY said:

I am running Windows 10 on 1 machine, 3 years old, but it works, mostly.

I have it hooked up to HD monitor and 1 Samsung HD TV.
I have used cloned screens, 1 picture on a 1|2 setup, so both always show the same, and i have used it as an expanded desktop, so 1+2, but, that is not much use if you cannot see it.

So sure, i could just keep it cloned, BUT, if you want a movie to play on the TV for one person to watch, and i want to keep doing something else in the PC, i know that is possible with expanded desktop, and i know i can drag a video in there and fullscreen it, but it's not really a great solution, it actually pretty much sucks balls.

I know there are apps to control the PC from a distance, either use my iphone and or ipad as a mouse, with Remote Mouse (what's in a name) which is still useless, or even as a screen on distance, like Splashtop, but that doesn;t solve me being able to do something else on the PC monitor, and i have not tried both the Remote Mouse or the Splashtop on multi monitor setups, i wonder if that works well at all.

So, what have i gotten into my mind that i want ?
Well, i like virtual desktops, so i can switch between activities and have all kinds of screens open for looking stuff up and moving data and installing stuff and changing some graphics on another so i dont have to keep screwing around since just Alt+Tab won't do enough and minimizing all kinds of windows just plain sux. I have programmed 2 keys to switch desktops with WinKey+Ctrl+Left and WinKey+Ctrl+Right really fast.

So could i solve this by making a Desktop 3 or 4 or whatever, and have only that show on the HD TV ? Like lock 1 Virtual Desktop to 1 screen ?
That way that will just keep going whatever i do and i can keep switchnig and working on my own PC using it's own (Virtual) Desktops.
Yes, this may be a weird solution and a weird ask, and i have trouble getting this done or even finding anything about it.
And i feel this is right one of those crazy things LTT would do a video on to figure out even though it is something really almost nobody uses much.
Though i do think that if it was easy, open a desktop, set it to share that only to just one extra screen would be cool and handy.

Is there any way to do this ? Or something similar ?
I need to just be able to have only one desktop show up at that one TV, my PC and Monitor should be able to access all.
I hope, and think, you guys know what i mean.

It would be even cooler if even the sound could be split the audio as well, but i do not see that happening ?
If it was possible to only use that Desktops' Audio to that TV that would be great, but i don't think i can, my Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI mobo has no Digital Audio Out, just the Black/Green/Orange/Blue/Pink/Grey standard, split to both a Logitech Z-5500 for the Movie watching and the PC has it's own Creative Surround Set, I don't know if i could do the audio over HDMI to the TV ?
I do have the TV's audio together with a console's audio over Digital Audio to the Z-5500, so i f there was some way to split that up that would be even better, but that's not even an ask, i would be fine with just the TV being only able to see the on Virtual Desktop, i'd still be able to do my own thing on the PC as long as it doesn;t make too much sound, which is fine with most web browsing and office work and Photoshop etc.

So, do i even have a hope in hell to fix one Desktop to one TV/Monitor ?

so i want to make sure i understand.

You have a monitor at your Desk (A)  and a TV somewhere else (B), presumably so you can use your PC to watch movies from your couch or whatever.

if someone wants to use the TV portion to watch something, an extended desktop is the best way to do that.

If they then want to control the PC from said TV while you are using it in another room, this is possible. It would be easiest to setup a VM, and give remote control of that VM to the TV person, or vice versa.

This allows you both to use the PC as if they are seperate (this will take away performance for things like gaming, of course.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

But you have to be at the PC basically to then control the PC.
I do have a wireless keyboard+mousepad combo, the Logitech K830.
That can control it, but even on the couch you can then not see the main monitor with an extended desktop.
I have done it that way when the screen was just cloned, but with the problem that then the PC cannot do anything else.
I have no idea how Virtual Machines work.
And the idea is the PC can control everything.
The performance takeaway is not really a problem since there is just one sound source, so the game and movie sounds would all be going at once.

Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF
Socket 1150 LGA
Intel(R) Core(TM) Haswell i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz
2x4Gb HyperX DDR3
2x8Gb HyperX DDR3
For a total of 24Gb (I love having lots of windows and Tabs open)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2Gb GDDR5
Kingston SSDNow S300 240Gb
Seagate Barracuda 4Tb ST4000DM005
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Acer 23,8" G246HYL
Samsung 46" LE46D650
Yes, this was just Budget Best Bang for your Buck Runner up about 3 years ago.