Help needed choosing cpu's for video editing

Budjet Tech
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
1 minute ago, Budjet Tech said:

1080p, and 4k video from an action camara. and yes it's for fun but i do need a new pc

Then a 2400g should handle it fine.

Look into resolv aswell, works in linux and is free with many more features. I have used kden live and found it annoying.

I'm going to build a pc for video editing for around $500 CAD or $400 USD. Can someone please help, what is the best cpu for my price mange?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Budjet Tech said:

@Alexsolo kdenlive on ubuntu

Then it won't use the gpu much as its mostly all cpu based, but it will work fine.

What codec and resolution? if you just doing some editing for fun, then almost any system can edit. You really don't need a fast system to edit video

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Then it won't use the gpu much as its mostly all cpu based, but it will work fine.

What codec and resolution? if you just doing some editing for fun, then almost any system can edit. You really don't need a fast system to edit video

1080p, and 4k video from an action camara. and yes it's for fun but i do need a new pc

1 minute ago, Budjet Tech said:

Then a 2400g should handle it fine.

Look into resolv aswell, works in linux and is free with many more features. I have used kden live and found it annoying.