Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whole new very high end rig.

R U CRAZY
 Share

So, one year ago, if you'd have asked me what is a GPU, I'd tell you "It's probably got something to do with motorcycles." (that was my real answer!), yet, for the last year, I have been studying computers a lot (with the help of LTT), because I needed a serious new rig update, because I want to start serious gaming, and 3D game creation, and to summarize, my system has 8GB DDR3, Intel i5 4570 and a GTX 660, and quite frankly, I'm pretty scared to open it up to find out more.

So after a year of learning, I came up with this (4500$ Budget excluding OS and software):

 

PC Itself:

Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11DW ATX Full Tower Case ($127.75 @ Newegg)  - love the looks

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Amazon) - sorry blue team!

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($149.89 @ OutletPC)  - for the cool looks

GPU: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($849.99 @ Newegg)  - I would probably need ray tracing capabilities for DRX rendering and testing, and of course, RTX On gaming eventually

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($128.99 @ Newegg)  - for those Ryzen sensitive speeds

OS Drive: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon)  - fast load times

HDD: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC)  - for file storage

Motherboard: ASRock - X470 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($203.98 @ Newegg)  - for full OC potential, and to say I know something in Japanese, or is it? ?

PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.98 @ Newegg)  - for future juice

Case Fans: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM 50.5 CFM  120mm Fan  ($17.99 @ SuperBiiz)  - how many should i take? the case supports up to 6 (disincluding AIO) , so be creative ?

RGB: NZXT HUE 2 RGB Lighting Kit ($81.99) - for that flashy RGB

 

PC Peripherals:

Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 650 Wireless (for that competitive wireless) ~120$ - for this quicky chargey thingy and low response time

Keyboard: Logitech - G513 Carbon Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($129.99 @ B&H)  - for the tactile clicky and awesome reaction, throw in some RGB and soft wrist pad, to get an awesome keyboard

Headset: SteelSeries - Arctis 7  Headset  ($128.14 @ Newegg)   - for the cool smooth wireless high quality audio... yeah... ?

Editing Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon)  - 4K IPS 99% sRGB, what else?

Gaming Monitor: AOC - AG271QG 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($599.99 @ B&H)  - 2K 165hz 4ms!!!!! Some crrrrrazy stuff goin; there

Speakers: Logitech - G560 0.24W 2.1ch Speakers  ($199.99 @ Amazon)  - SHOULD I GET THIS? IS THIS GOOD VALUE???? I DON'T KNOW!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Mousepad: Cloth Extended Mouse Pad ($25.00) - for that cloth extended mouse pad... yeh... yeah... R U Crazy approved. ????

Extra: NZXT HUE 2 Ambient RGB Lighting Kit ($109.99) - for some outside of case RGB, cause there never is enough of it. NEVER.

 

Overall:  ~$3850 (650$ less than max, meaning I can put those for some upgrade, maybe been thinking about 2080ti)

 

Buying from either Newegg or Amazon, please don't be too harsh on me if something could be "WAY BETTER".

 

So, to sum it up:

1. Budget & Location

My budget is pretty high, 4500$ including peripherals, not including shipping.

The location is really no problem, got family in the US that comes for casual visits, so if there isn't a certain product here, I could ask them to buy it for me, and then pay them later.

2. Aim

My aim is really high gaming capabilities, and serious rendering efficiency.

3. Monitors

One IPS 4K monitor high sRGB rating for editing, and one 1440p/1080p 144hz+ IPS Vsync (most likely the G) low response time for gaming.

Examples of current ideas can be found above.

4. Peripherals

Comfortable high quality wireless headset, wireless low response time mouse with configurable DPI, Cherry MX Blue (or equivalent tactile and clicky) RGB keyboard with soft (and preferably detachable) wrist rest, extended mouse pad, high quality speakers and internal case RGB lighting, NO NEED FOR OS.

Examples of current ideas can be found above.

5. Why are we upgrading?

My old system is not meeting today's high standards, and I would like to engage in higher end PC gaming and 3D game creating.

 

So my question is:

Is there anything better out there that I should consider?

 

P.S. sorry for the long thread ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of headsets, the Steel Series Arctis 7 2019 edition are probably more comfortable, have better sound, and don't have any red when compared to the cloud flights. If you really wan to go crazy, the Arctis Pro Wireless is amazing, although pretty pricey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you wanna go with brand new stuff, you can get the new Intel i9 that was announced today. PCP doesn't have anything listed yet but if you want a pc now...

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($379.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($100.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($198.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($1200.00) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($70.46 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($268.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 Pro LED White 75.0 CFM  120mm Fan  ($25.52 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($459.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Mouse: Logitech - MX Master Bluetooth Wireless Laser Mouse  ($115.99 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Sennheiser - HD 558  Headphones  ($247.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Extended Mousepad ($25.00)
Total: $4256.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-08 15:08 EDT-0400

PC - i7 9700K @5 Ghz | MSI 3070Ti Gaming X Trio | NZXT Kraken x53 | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | 32GB TridentZ RGB | NZXT H510 Elite & EVGA 750W

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

New Intel Coffee Lake refresh cpu expected to be announced this week. Persistent rumors of an eight core no hyperthreading i7-9700K and eight core hyperthreaded i9-9900K. Apparently "leaked" benchmarks suggest a substantial improvement. Have to wait for the independent reviews and benchmarks to know for sure.

 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Optane^ said:

If you wanna go with brand new stuff, you can get the new Intel i9 that was announced today. PCP doesn't have anything listed yet but if you want a pc now...

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($379.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($100.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($198.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($1200.00) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($70.46 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($268.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 Pro LED White 75.0 CFM  120mm Fan  ($25.52 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($459.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Mouse: Logitech - MX Master Bluetooth Wireless Laser Mouse  ($115.99 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Sennheiser - HD 558  Headphones  ($247.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Extended Mousepad ($25.00)
Total: $4256.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-08 15:08 EDT-0400

I have considered many of the options you have shown here, but here are my pro bless problems:

CPU: Intel i7 8700k/ i9 9900k but for the coffee lake, it has less cores and threads, so rendering times will be by far worse, and in the 9900k it is way more pricey, plus, it has lower base speed than the 2700x, and though this can be great, there simply are no confirmed benchmarks yet. (For brob too)

 

CPU Cooler: The X62 simply performed better.

 

Memory: I have no need for 32gb of ram, that is overkill for every consumer, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

 

GPU: A consideration I have pointed.

 

All RGB: I don't need any lit fans, all the RGB work I leave to the CPU Cooler, graphics card and HUE 2.

 

Case: I have watched many cases and decided I like the O-11 Dynamic better.

 

PSU: There is never a need for a 1000w PSU, again, correct me if I'm wrong.

 

Gaming monitor: This is a non IPS panel.

 

Editing monitor: Thank you, this is an answer I've been looking for.

 

Keyboard: Not tactile nor clicky.

 

Mouse: I like the fast charging option that comes with the Rival 650.

 

Headphones: Way too pricey for non wireless headphones, I just hate the dongle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Mostly the same as my reply for Optane^ but with a few notches:

 

SSD: I just prefer Nvme speeds.

 

PSU: This is a great option, thank you.

 

Keyboard: this is a great option and I do not remember why I crossed it off my list.

EDIT: Okey, now I remember, this one doesn't have a wrist rest, and I like the feel of the one in the G513.

 

Headset: I have considered it at first, but the cloud flight has higher quality output and input, is more comfortable, and has better battery life.

 

So thank you once again for the PSU and keyboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BabyPCMR said:

In terms of headsets, the Steel Series Arctis 7 2019 edition are probably more comfortable, have better sound, and don't have any red when compared to the cloud flights. If you really wan to go crazy, the Arctis Pro Wireless is amazing, although pretty pricey. 

This is a great option which just like the g512, I don't remember why it has been crossed out, thank you very much 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, R U CRAZY said:

SSD: I just prefer Nvme speeds.

it's just that sata is still way cheaper. but it's not like i don't get why you make that choise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, R U CRAZY said:

...

Maybe this?

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  ($399.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($84.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z390 Taichi Ultimate ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($1200.00) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($207.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($459.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.97 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Sennheiser - HD 558  Headphones  ($247.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Extended Mousepad ($25.00)
Total: $3907.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-08 17:55 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

 

 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, R U CRAZY said:

I have considered many of the options you have shown here, but here are my pro bless:

CPU: Intel i7 8700k/ i9 9900k but for the coffee lake, it has less cores and threads, so rendering times will be by far worse, and in the 9900k it is way more pricey, plus, it has lower base speed than the 2700x, and though this can be great, there simply are no confirmed benchmarks yet. (For brob too)

 

CPU Cooler: The X62 simply performed better.

 

Memory: I have no need for 32gb of ram, that is overkill for every consumer, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

 

GPU: A consideration I have pointed.

 

All RGB: I don't need any lit fans, all the RGB work I leave to the CPU Cooler, graphics card and HUE 2.

 

Case: I have watched many cases and decided I like the O-11 Dynamic better.

 

PSU: There is never a need for a 1000w PSU, again, correct me if I'm wrong.

 

Gaming monitor: This is a non IPS panel.

 

Editing monitor: Thank you, this is an answer I've been looking for.

 

Keyboard: Not tactile nor clicky.

 

Mouse: I like the fast charging option that comes with the Rival 650.

 

Headphones: Way too pricey for non wireless headphones, I just hate the dongle.

It sounds like you already know what you want. 

 

For the price, you have a PC for many, many years that I recommended.

 

Cooler: If you wanna spend more for a slightly better advantage, sure. You can use that $60 elsewhere, IMO.

RGB Fans: No one "needs" RBG, just looks nice.

Case: Preference.

PSU: If you ever want two 2080's, you want the headroom. It's never a "need" too much, it's a "want the headroom"

Monitor: My bad, here is an IPS one.
Keyboard: I own this keyboard & It's tactile & clicky enough for me. Get anything Corsair K70 & pick your switches. I had a razer keyboard and it's just annoying after a year. To each their own, though.

Mouse: Again, preference.

Headphones: They're fantastic once they're on your ears but again, preference. 

PC - i7 9700K @5 Ghz | MSI 3070Ti Gaming X Trio | NZXT Kraken x53 | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | 32GB TridentZ RGB | NZXT H510 Elite & EVGA 750W

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

Maybe this?

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  ($399.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($84.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z390 Taichi Ultimate ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($1200.00) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($207.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($459.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.97 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Sennheiser - HD 558  Headphones  ($247.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Extended Mousepad ($25.00)
Total: $3907.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-08 17:55 EDT-0400

So first, you seem pretty stressed, I don't try to scare people, just ask for help, and if when I answer people's suggestions, it's so other people would understand the way I'm going for better.

 

CPU: There are 2 problems, the first is that the i7-9700k would have only 8 threads for the 8 cores, so the Ryzen 7 2700x is basically better, and the second, is that the 9th gen intel CPUs cost a lot of money.

 

RAM: again, 32GB of RAM is not really a big edition.

 

I'm not going to repeat everything that I type for others more than once, so if you've seen my other responses, you might just get the answer for everything else you've changed from the original.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, R U CRAZY said:

So first, you seem pretty stressed, I don't try to scare people, just ask for help, and if when I answer people's suggestions, it's so other people would understand the way I'm going for better.

 

CPU: There are 2 problems, the first is that the i7-9700k would have only 8 threads for the 8 cores, so the Ryzen 7 2700x is basically better, and the second, is that the 9th gen intel CPUs cost a lot of money.

 

RAM: again, 32GB of RAM is not really a big edition.

 

I'm not going to repeat everything that I type for others more than once, so if you've seen my other responses, you might just get the answer for everything else you've changed from the original.

Firstly, try to be polite in the chat. Don't make us feel that we r wasting our time.

 

Intel CPUs are currently way over priced. Also u cannot justify the minute performance gained by going from 2700 to 2700x at the cost of extra $50.

Just realized that I had suggested 9700k?. Go with a ryzen 2700.

 

You can go with a 16gb kit of ram.

 

Also, I have added a 2080ti.

 

Also, their are many issues associated with kraken x62. Rather go with a decent air cooler.

 

Evga g3 series has some problems with overcurrent protection. If u have such large budget, u can easily get a platinum/titanium rated psu. Again, this ratings doesn't actually define the quality of the PSU.

SSD TIER LIST

 

 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

1700$ GPU yummy

Motherboard: MSI BM250-PRO-VD           <-- Build 1    Build 2 -->        Motherboard: ASRock Z370M Pro4                     
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700                                                   CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080                                          GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX660 (Saving money for RTX 2080)
RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2400Mhz                                        RAM: HyperX Predator 16gb DDR4 3000mhz
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620w Bronze+                                      PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 650W
CPU Cooler: Gammax 400                                                    CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
SSD: Kingston A400 250GB                                                  HDD/SSD: 3 * 1TB WD blue Kingston A400 250GB 
Headphones: HYPERX CLOUD ALPHA                                                                                               Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB
Monitor: LG 24GM77                                                                                                               Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600
CaseFans: 3 140mm                                                                                                                Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8+
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 500
Phone: Nokia 7 plus



hehe yeaaah boy
https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2018_09/111.PNG.5713b4f39cae3a5badac216b30d99e65.PNG

 

You want to code but don't know how ? (Personal list)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

Firstly, try to be polite in the chat. Don't make us feel that we r wasting our time.

 

Intel CPUs are currently way over priced. Also u cannot justify the minute performance gained by going from 2700 to 2700x at the cost of extra $50.

Just realized that I had suggested 9700k?. Go with a ryzen 2700.

 

You can go with a 16gb kit of ram.

 

Also, I have added a 2080ti.

 

Also, their are many issues associated with kraken x62. Rather go with a decent air cooler.

 

Evga g3 series has some problems with overcurrent protection. If u have such large budget, u can easily get a platinum/titanium rated psu. Again, this ratings doesn't actually define the quality of the PSU.

Really sorry, I don't ever want to be rude, I really am listening to your thoughts, and just commenting based on my knowledge, and needs.

 

Though you really have given me some things that I really need to check out, such as, are there any other specifications on the 2700X that are different than the 2700, or is it just an oc'd version of it? And I truly haven't given much thought about the long term, I have only searched for benchmarks on the X62 compared to others and gave no though about the choice of PSU.

 

So thank you very much, and do you have recommendations for other AIO or PSU? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

 

Once again sorry for being rude ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, voiha said:

1700$ GPU yummy

I overestimated it, so it won't be a problem is pricing is high. haven't looked into rtx pricing that much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, R U CRAZY said:

specifications on the 2700X that are different than the 2700, or is it just an oc'd version of it?

it has a higher turbo then the 2700. so technicly yeah. but you can overclock them about the same with sillicon lottery

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, R U CRAZY said:

Really sorry, I don't ever want to be rude, I really am listening to your thoughts, and just commenting based on my knowledge, and needs.

 

Though you really have given me some things that I really need to check out, such as, are there any other specifications on the 2700X that are different than the 2700, or is it just an oc'd version of it? And I truly haven't given much thought about the long term, I have only searched for benchmarks on the X62 compared to others and gave no though about the choice of PSU.

 

So thank you very much, and do you have recommendations for other AIO or PSU? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

 

Once again sorry for being rude ?

Go with a r7 2700

2700x is slightly a better bin. So u can expect slightly higher stock ND OC speeds. But it isn't worth extra $50.

For cooler, go with something like be quiet dark rock pro4, noctua nh-d15 or Corsair h150i pro.

For psu, go with Corsair hx1000i

SSD TIER LIST

 

 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2018 at 12:41 AM, R U CRAZY said:

So, one year ago, if you'd have asked me what is a GPU, I'd tell you "It's probably got something to do with motorcycles." (that was my real answer!), yet, for the last year, I have been studying computers a lot (with the help of LTT), because I needed a serious new rig update, because I want to start serious gaming, and 3D game creation, and to summarize, my system has 8GB DDR3, Intel i5 4570 and a GTX 660, and quite frankly, I'm pretty scared to open it up to find out more.

So after a year of learning, I came up with this (4500$ Budget excluding OS and software):

 

PC Itself:

Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11DW ATX Full Tower Case ($127.75 @ Newegg)  - love the looks

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Amazon) - sorry blue team!

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($149.89 @ OutletPC)  - for the cool looks

GPU: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($849.99 @ Newegg)  - I would probably need ray tracing capabilities for DRX rendering and testing, and of course, RTX On gaming eventually

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($128.99 @ Newegg)  - for those Ryzen sensitive speeds

OS Drive: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon)  - fast load times

HDD: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC)  - for file storage

Motherboard: ASRock - X470 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($203.98 @ Newegg)  - for full OC potential, and to say I know something in Japanese, or is it? ?

PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.98 @ Newegg)  - for future juice

Case Fans: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM 50.5 CFM  120mm Fan  ($17.99 @ SuperBiiz)  - how many should i take? the case supports up to 6 (disincluding AIO) , so be creative ?

RGB: NZXT HUE 2 RGB Lighting Kit ($81.99) - for that flashy RGB

 

PC Peripherals:

Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 650 Wireless (for that competitive wireless) ~120$ - for this quicky chargey thingy and low response time

Keyboard: Logitech - G513 Carbon Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($129.99 @ B&H)  - for the tactile clicky and awesome reaction, throw in some RGB and soft wrist pad, to get an awesome keyboard

Headset: SteelSeries - Arctis 7  Headset  ($128.14 @ Newegg)   - for the cool smooth wireless high quality audio... yeah... ?

Editing Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon)  - 4K IPS 99% sRGB, what else?

Gaming Monitor: AOC - AG271QG 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($599.99 @ B&H)  - 2K 165hz 4ms!!!!! Some crrrrrazy stuff goin; there

Speakers: Logitech - G560 0.24W 2.1ch Speakers  ($199.99 @ Amazon)  - SHOULD I GET THIS? IS THIS GOOD VALUE???? I DON'T KNOW!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Mousepad: Cloth Extended Mouse Pad ($25.00) - for that cloth extended mouse pad... yeh... yeah... R U Crazy approved. ????

Extra: NZXT HUE 2 Ambient RGB Lighting Kit ($109.99) - for some outside of case RGB, cause there never is enough of it. NEVER.

 

Overall:  ~$3850 (650$ less than max, meaning I can put those for some upgrade, maybe been thinking about 2080ti)

 

Buying from either Newegg or Amazon, please don't be too harsh on me if something could be "WAY BETTER".

 

So, to sum it up:

1. Budget & Location

My budget is pretty high, 4500$ including peripherals, not including shipping.

The location is really no problem, got family in the US that comes for casual visits, so if there isn't a certain product here, I could ask them to buy it for me, and then pay them later.

2. Aim

My aim is really high gaming capabilities, and serious rendering efficiency.

3. Monitors

One IPS 4K monitor high sRGB rating for editing, and one 1440p/1080p 144hz+ IPS Vsync (most likely the G) low response time for gaming.

Examples of current ideas can be found above.

4. Peripherals

Comfortable high quality wireless headset, wireless low response time mouse with configurable DPI, Cherry MX Blue (or equivalent tactile and clicky) RGB keyboard with soft (and preferably detachable) wrist rest, extended mouse pad, high quality speakers and internal case RGB lighting, NO NEED FOR OS.

Examples of current ideas can be found above.

5. Why are we upgrading?

My old system is not meeting today's high standards, and I would like to engage in higher end PC gaming and 3D game creating.

 

So my question is:

Is there anything better out there that I should consider?

 

P.S. sorry for the long thread ?

 

I think its better to list the software you'll be using and the sort of rendering you'll be doing first.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 2080 Ti Strix | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, R U CRAZY said:

...

FINAL LIST:

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($159.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($274.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($1200.00) 
Case: Thermaltake -  View 71 TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.89 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($459.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.97 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Sennheiser - HD 558  Headphones  ($247.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Extended Mousepad ($25.00)
Total: $4009.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 07:28 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

 

 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

FINAL LIST:

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($159.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($274.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($1200.00) 
Case: Thermaltake -  View 71 TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.89 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($459.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.97 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Sennheiser - HD 558  Headphones  ($247.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Extended Mousepad ($25.00)
Total: $4009.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 07:28 EDT-0400

So, I have some questions as for this build:

 

CPU Cooler: What are the adavantages of the h150i over the X62?

 

Motherboard: Same here, now crosshair VII to Taichi.

 

RAM: Why RGB RAM? There is plenty of RGB in the HUE 2, which I see is missing.

 

GPU: Why the FE card? The msi Gaming X Trio is shown to perform better in cooling, for a 50$ premium, plus, it's really difficult to get your hands on an FE cards these days, not that I'm saying that it's easy to get the Gaming X Trio, but it is more likely to return soon and not be grabbed after 5 minutes...

 

Case: Once again, why change the case? Haven't I made it pretty clear that my case choice is non-negotiable? I already dismissed, like 4 cases already ?

 

Keyboard: Similar to the case case (?) I like the mx blue or equivalent feel, and sound.

 

Mouse: Just like the two above.

 

Headphones: Why do you guys keep on coming up with this one? While I keep saying I hate this dongle, you just keep coming at me with that one, what's so special about it anyway?

 

RGB: As I've already pointed out, the HUE 2, and ambient lighting kit are both missing, I can see why you dismissed the ambient lighting kit, but why the HUE 2 itself?

 

Speakers: Only now I've noticed that no one has added speakers to their lists, and I have asked about this, should I take the g560? Because I am including speakers on the budget.

 

Fans: And what about case fans?! ?

 

So I'd really like to know how you came to these conclusions ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

An i9-9900K will fit the budget.

 

Since the selected gpu has Mystic Light lighting, may as well get a compatible motherboard. I'd also add compatible RGB memory. All of this lighting can be turned off, but it would be there should one ever want to change things. The same thinking is behind using the HUE compatible AER fans.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  ($579.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($197.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($849.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11DW ATX Full Tower Case  ($127.75 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($102.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: NZXT - Aer RGB120 (3-pack) 61.4 CFM  120mm Fans  ($79.99 @ NZXT) 
Case Fan: NZXT - Aer RGB120 (3-pack) 61.4 CFM  120mm Fans  ($79.99 @ NZXT) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: AOC - AG271QG 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($599.99 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Logitech - G513 Carbon Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: SteelSeries - Arctis 7  Headset  ($128.14 @ Newegg) 
Speakers: Logitech - G560 0.24W 2.1ch Speakers  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Nzxt HUE 2 RGB Lighting Kit Black (AC-HUEP2-M1)  ($86.97 @ Newegg) 
Other: NZXT HUE 2 Ambient RGB Lighting Kit 21"-26"  ($99.96 @ Newegg) 
Other: RIVAL 650 WIRELESS ($120.00)
Total: $4437.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 17:02 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, brob said:

An i9-9900K will fit the budget.

 

Since the selected gpu has Mystic Light lighting, may as well get a compatible motherboard. I'd also add compatible RGB memory. All of this lighting can be turned off, but it would be there should one ever want to change things. The same thinking is behind using the HUE compatible AER fans.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  ($579.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($197.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($849.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11DW ATX Full Tower Case  ($127.75 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($102.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: NZXT - Aer RGB120 (3-pack) 61.4 CFM  120mm Fans  ($79.99 @ NZXT) 
Case Fan: NZXT - Aer RGB120 (3-pack) 61.4 CFM  120mm Fans  ($79.99 @ NZXT) 
Monitor: LG - 27UD68-W 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($447.20 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: AOC - AG271QG 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($599.99 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Logitech - G513 Carbon Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: SteelSeries - Arctis 7  Headset  ($128.14 @ Newegg) 
Speakers: Logitech - G560 0.24W 2.1ch Speakers  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Nzxt HUE 2 RGB Lighting Kit Black (AC-HUEP2-M1)  ($86.97 @ Newegg) 
Other: NZXT HUE 2 Ambient RGB Lighting Kit 21"-26"  ($99.96 @ Newegg) 
Other: RIVAL 650 WIRELESS ($120.00)
Total: $4437.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 17:02 EDT-0400

So, still some notes:

 

CPU, GPU: Until the i9-9900k I really don't plan on it, because as far as we know, the jump from RTX 2080 to ti is greater in both game performance and rendering time than 2700X to i9-9900k, so until proved otherwise, I'd keep the RTX 2080ti.

 

CPU Cooler: Why the kraken X72, from what I checked, even though it's smaller, the X62 performs better in both cooling and acoustics.

 

RAM: Once again everybody, is there no sufficient RGB in the HUE 2 and maybe AIO?

 

Fans: 6 fans is a lot of fans, why would I need so much?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The i7-9700K may turn out to be a better choice. When the reviews drop next week, we'll have a better idea of the tradeoffs.

 

X72 for aesthetic reasons.

 

There is no significant price difference with the RGB memory and, as I noted the lighting can be turned off. If at some point one wishes to play around with the lighting, it is there.

 

Six fans mostly for aesthetic reasons. But also to enable lower rpms.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×