Intel Desktop launch is exactly as we thought

RollTime

https://www.techradar.com/news/intel-reveals-coffee-lake-refresh-9th-gen-cpus-headed-by-mighty-core-i9-9900k

It's exactly the same as the leaks:

Core i9-9900K represents the first mainstream Core i9 offering sporting 8-cores and 16-threads

Core i7-9700K, that’s also an 8-core processor, but with 8-threads in this case

...and a couple lower ends ones.

One thing that is good is a soldered TIM.

While we should wait for benchmarks, it's probably going to be a good time to buy an 8700k if you're on a budget.

it's time

5 minutes ago, RollTime said:

https://www.techradar.com/news/intel-reveals-coffee-lake-refresh-9th-gen-cpus-headed-by-mighty-core-i9-9900k

It's exactly the same as the leaks:

...and a couple lower ends ones.

One thing that is good is a soldered TIM.

While we should wait for benchmarks, it's probably going to be a good time to buy an 8700k if you're on a budget.

I'be been trying to get an 8700k but theyve been sold out for a while now

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

1 minute ago, KendoSapion said:

I'be been trying to get an 8700k but theyve been sold out for a while now

Micro Center has them for $330

it's time

Just now, RollTime said:

Micro Center has them for $330

I'm EU,thanks for the help though

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

Just now, KendoSapion said:

Oh, sorry. Have you tried ebay?

it's time

I think I'll probably still stick to getting a used 8700K. Seen them go for below $300 on hardware swap before.

I just wish DDR4 was cheaper. That's what's still mostly keeping me on Sandy Bridge. haha.

I'm curious to see official reviews and pricing.

Its a bad time to be upgrading.

GPU prices are stupid high atm, RAM prices are still high. And now CPU prices look to be creeping up.

used market is staying high aswell due to new releases being rather lackluster. 2080 being the same as 1080ti, 2080ti being massivly overpriced, CPU's in simular situation.

bad times.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Just now, SolarNova said:

GPU prices are stupid high atm, RAM prices are still high. And now CPU prices look to be creeping up.

used market is staying high aswell due to new releases being rather lackluster. 2080 being the same as 1080ti, 2080ti being massivly overpriced, CPU's in simular situation.

bad times.

older stuff is available quite cheap if you're willing to go Xeon + dual socket board... you can get xeon 5600 series for good prices here. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, Intel CPUs have never been priced that well to begin with and are the ones creeping up due to a shortage mixed with their inability to reduce size.  AMD CPU prices don't seem to be creeping up at all.  RAM prices have been going up and down for quite some time, and there's more speculation than truth as to why.  Like there has been investigations of price fixing to corporate claims of shortages, and so on.  Nobody seems to know the exact reason as to why.  As for GPUs well that's mostly a mix of lack of competition at the moment and AMD's HBM2 issue.

Let's hope for a good AMD launch then.

it's time

11 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Didn't GPU prices go back down to nearly pre-mining era levels? While they are still slightly overpriced for what they are(old), it's a lot better than it used to be just a few months ago. Like the RX580 8GB being as low as $220 right now on Newegg, which is basically MSRP at launch.
(I'm not talking about the new nvidia GPUs here, we can all agree that they are charging more because of greed and because there's no competition for them at the moment)

As for RAM prices, those are also going down... by like a dollar every month, but still. ?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Well im more looking at the top end GPU market.

1080ti's for example are still as high as pre 20 series launch.

And the used market is a joke, with 1080ti's selling for £500+. Considering you can buy new for £600.....

i mean £600-700 is fine ..for a 2080. But not a 1080ti, it 'should' have droped down in price. But since the 2080 came out about £100 abvoe the 1080ti, they kept the 1080ti at its pre 20 series price. I cant remember the last time a series of card stayed at the same price after a new series launched.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

529$... whopty-doo, an 8 core cpu for 100$ more than amd's 12 core chip from last year.

Also, what's the deal with dropping hyperthreading from the ONLY i7 chip... why have it at all at this point, might as well just call both top chips "core i9". It sounds stupid you say? Yeah, that's becuase they should both be called i7.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Didn't GPU prices go back down to nearly pre-mining era levels? While they are still slightly overpriced for what they are(old), it's a lot better than it used to be just a few months ago. Like the RX580 8GB being as low as $220 right now on Newegg, which is basically MSRP at launch.
(I'm not talking about the new nvidia GPUs here, we can all agree that they are charging more because of greed and because there's no competition for them at the moment)

As for RAM prices, those are also going down... by like a dollar every month, but still. ?

Just because they're lower doesn't necessarily mean they're at good levels. And given Nvidia has the most powerful hardware, any really serious gamer is going their way. Same goes for Intel with those overpriced 8700ks (and now these new ones).

And ram is still waaaay to high.

it's time

25 minutes ago, KendoSapion said:

I just check for Germany and there are plenty of i7 8700k available but 450 €. wow expensive

4 minutes ago, RollTime said:

any really serious gamer

what's a serious gamer? most people can't afford a 1200$ card anyway

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Hopefully, Navi doesn't have a price to performance issue as Vega 64s did.  Those crept up to like nearly 1080ti prices due to HBM2.  I'm hoping AMD goes back towards GDDR because HBM is not that cheap to produce from what I understand.  Like, I'm fine with them putting it on pro cards, like Vega 20.  But, you put it on a card meant for gaming then the price is probably going to go up.  Price to performance is AMD's thing, and they should realize they make a lot of money from that aspect alone.  I think HBM2 is why the Vega 64 does better than a 1080ti in Blender.

Exactly. But honestly, with these kinds of releases from green and blue recently, they don't have to do much to get a better market share- they already have good budget stuff.

it's time

Bunch of hate in here.  9900k is going to be a gaming monster.  Soldered 8 core with ringbus boosting to 5GHz off the shelf?  Yes please.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Just now, TahoeDust said:

Bunch of hate in here.  9900k is going to be a gaming monster.  Soldered 8 core with ringbus boosting to 5GHz off the shelf?  Yes please.

For $530...

it's time

1 minute ago, TahoeDust said:

Same for RTX2080Ti, 25% faster than GTX1080Ti. The faster most powerful gaming GPU ever. I'm sure gamers are rushing to buy them.

1 minute ago, RollTime said:

For $530...

MSRP is $488, but yeah.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Just love that the 28-core chip is only 3.1GHz base and 4.3Ghz turbo on two cores with a 265W TDP, requires motherboard with TWO 24 pins headers too.

The 18 Core is $2000, or more than the 32 core AMD 2990WX. I'm guessing this 28 core xeon is gonna be 5k+, LMFAO

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount