Need help choosing and configuring a SSD

thesaltyappy
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,
3 minutes ago, thesaltyappy said:

Aight, Thanks! But why specifically Kingston?

kingston A400 series specificly, because they are pretty much the cheapest SSD per GB, and are still decent enough.

i've got two systems with the 128GB kingston A400, and given the price i paid for them, its hard to remark them in any way.

EDIT: that said, if you can squeeze it into budget, 256GB is a bit less cramped, and technically better value than the 128GB one.

Hello everyone,

I am going to purchase an SSD, budget is tight, I want suggestions and how can I configure it along with my hard drive?

if budget is tight just get any SATA SSD that you can afford, cant really recommend anything without actually knowing your budget.

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

kinston a400. just install windows and anything else to the ssd

1 minute ago, Pixel5 said:

if budget is tight just get any SATA SSD that you can afford, cant really recommend anything without actually knowing your budget.

Yeah I will go for SATA, but which one? Kingston? Samsung? Adata? 

3 minutes ago, thesaltyappy said:

kingston A400 series specificly, because they are pretty much the cheapest SSD per GB, and are still decent enough.

i've got two systems with the 128GB kingston A400, and given the price i paid for them, its hard to remark them in any way.

EDIT: that said, if you can squeeze it into budget, 256GB is a bit less cramped, and technically better value than the 128GB one.

51 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Thanks!