Just curious why don't any over clockers use any refrigerant instead of only liquid

I think I might try to make one myself after seeing this. Hardest thing will be finding the right Gas but I think I still have my freshman book with all the gases and pressuresfrom every supplyer. But it is a few years old now so idk if there's any newer gases to look into.

15 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Depending on the fluid properties and heat load (thus gas fraction) the pressure doesn't actually have to be that high. But it definitely is more complicated to spec and a system like that.

additional info clarified it and confirmed what i was thinking

24 minutes ago, Dabkevinhere said:

I think I might try to make one myself after seeing this. Hardest thing will be finding the right Gas but I think I still have my freshman book with all the gases and pressuresfrom every supplyer. But it is a few years old now so idk if there's any newer gases to look into.

Things don't change that much. I'd still recommend using a boiling system so that you get a consistent temperature until you heat saturate though. Much easier to design and to operate with flatter response curve than a low saturation change system.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

20 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I was thinking I would have warming coil near the cpu and one near the radiator just to keep it at a constant temp, and for insurance if when the unit is off it won't ice up.

If I was to make one telling that at least a few have been made what would be people want to see? Or what would be something that would make it impressive bc from what I see people are not impressed with what has been done so far?

With my math I could fit it in a aio as big as a dual fan 240 set up but is 120 more common.

And what would be wanted to see

A 140w cpu (I'm using math for a 200w)

At a semi constant 80,  - 50,  - 20,  0,  -0+ 

What would people what to see at a 100$ value 150  or 200.

I just need to have some goals to go for if I'm going to waist my money for no reason. Honestly don't know if it's legal for me to try

Or would it be better to build one for a gpu and cpu as it would be something ment for someone willing to spend a buck or 2 for 200 to 400. As I would be able to work with the idea with a 360 rad with 3fan. But i will be working with the idea of 6 fans 3 top 3 under just for testing