Show me your best liquid cooling parts for as cheap as you can find!

Go to solution Solved by Neo-revo,
15 hours ago, MaratM said:

There are ways to save some money on them. Use a cheaper alternative such as barrow but they all add up to a large sum of money at the end. I’ve learned the hard way and ended up having a cooling system and the case cost more than actual hardware in my rig)))

yep, at a certain point i started think of my computer in 3 sections (actual parts, water-cooling, and peripherals: case mouse etc.)  and  it adds up fast if you future proof.

thankfully 2 of the sections dont require upgrades every few years, save for major upgrades and occasionally things die, but other than a mobo recently dying for an inexplicable reason. Only plus is it was in warranty so i got a new one, Just no info as to why or what happened an how it may have happened/how to avoid it again.

I want to see if liquid cooling is worth installing for my prices. Anybody have any good suggestions, note that I’m not too knowledgeable on liquid cooling hardware.

CPU, GPU, or both?

If you want water cooling but have a tight budget, it's best to just get an AIO solution from Corsair or NZXT. Water cooling is one of those things that's pretty tough to do on a budget.

EKWB has some kits you can pick up as well: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits

Most AIOs will run you a fair bit less than an EK kit, however.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/c/Cor_Products_Cooling

https://www.nzxt.com/categories/cooling

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

you could look into some of those ek kits, (keep in mind that the gaming series is aluminium which means if you plan on upgrading in the future you will have to use aluminium only which wil limit your options a bit )

Cheap doesn't really go well with liquid cooling, but then again "cheap" is a relative term and I don't know your budget. You should check out the EKWB configurator (https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/) to get a rough idea of what the price will be for you. Or you can go with something like the EKWB MLC kit, or an AIO. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

CPU, GPU, or both?

If you want water cooling but have a tight budget, it's best to just get an AIO solution from Corsair or NZXT. Water cooling is one of those things that's pretty tough to do on a budget.

EKWB has some kits you can pick up as well: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits

Most AIOs will run you a fair bit less than an EK kit, however.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/c/Cor_Products_Cooling

https://www.nzxt.com/categories/cooling

I want to see the best amount of liquid cooling I could get for a price on the “lighter” scale.

Just now, Mugenjynn said:

I want to see the best amount of liquid cooling I could get for a price on the “lighter” scale.

So I guess both gpu and cpu

A couple AIOs, one for your CPU and one for your GPU with a watercooling bracket like a Corsair HG10 or NZXT Kraken G12 is probably your cheapest option that will cool both.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

A couple AIOs, one for your CPU and one for your GPU with a watercooling bracket like a Corsair HG10 or NZXT Kraken G12 is probably your cheapest option that will cool both.

I have to research on this but the kraken g12 your speaking of does seem fairly cheap.

I have to research on this but the kraken g12 your speaking of does seem fairly cheap.

You'd also have to hope a bracket such as this would be compatible with your GPU, usually brackets of this manner are only compatible for a handful of cards.

10 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Cheap doesn't really go well with liquid cooling, but then again "cheap" is a relative term and I don't know your budget. You should check out the EKWB configurator (https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/) to get a rough idea of what the price will be for you. Or you can go with something like the EKWB MLC kit, or an AIO. 

I went through that configuration and I ended up getting $750 worth of cooling parts. That’s a large ooof 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You'd also have to hope a bracket such as this would be compatible with your GPU, usually brackets of this manner are only compatible for a handful of cards.

My gpu is a windforce 1080 8gb

1 minute ago, Mugenjynn said:

My gpu is a windforce 1080 8gb

You'd have to get a custom block for it, then.

Very few triple-fan cards have support for watercooling brackets.

If you want to go as cheap as possible aliexpress is a place to go, but it is a bit of a gamble)

That is the point of putting all your parts under water? Performance boost or silence.

To start with your case is not the best one for watercooling. The max you can put into it is 320 rad at the front. It is sufficient to cool both gpu and cpu but not at the level than fans run under 700rpm (which is almost unaudible)

if you want to boost performance r5 2600 does not require to be watercooled to get maximum performabce out of it. A large supertower cooler such as noctua or bequiet will be enough to get every single mHz out of your cpu.

for you gpu: it does sounds nice if your gpu under water but! You gpu full cover waterblock is not the easiest to fing the only one i can think of is made by barrow or bykski and there not that easy to get - aliexpress is the way to go. It might be easier and cheaper to put a nzxt aio bracket onto your gpu.

Fittings are expensive as well. There are ways to save some money on them. Use a cheaper alternative such as barrow but they all add up to a large sum of money at the end. I’ve learned the hard way and ended up having a cooling system and the case cost more than actual hardware in my rig)))53DC3B27-B902-4ED8-982D-F58BE8129B6F.thumb.jpeg.be126ca1d3058f6c0f3ee07db495270f.jpeg

was it worth it? From price to performance point of veiw NO as a hobby to make me happy and satisfied YES

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

18 hours ago, Mugenjynn said:

I want to see if liquid cooling is worth installing for my prices. Anybody have any good suggestions, note that I’m not too knowledgeable on liquid cooling hardware.

dazmode.com offers great prices, esp if you in Canada since they wont be subject to duty.

if the Parts are current you can check places like frozencpu and performance-pcs   (i recommend both since they accept paypal and thus you are protected for delivery of product) both are located in the lower 48,     Newegg and other mainstream suppliers offer parts but not often in large amounts or variety (ie new block for newest card) 

If you have figured out what sort of Brand you want to use you can always check to see if they have a dedicated online store for their products. Bitspower, Koolance, AquaComputer, EKWB, Monsoon, Primochill etc.   that way you can see the MSRP and  if you can get a deal from somewhere else that may have over stock or something.

after reading lots of reviews and hearing about good experiences with the china brands (Barrow/Bliski)  i got additional hardline fittings to make sure i had enough for any ideas i wanted to implement  and had no issues with them and their build quality would be on par with the primochill revolvers, and  for less than half the price i would have paid, i got twice as many fittings i would have gotten if i stayed in brand.

Once you figure out if you want to go hard or soft. You can  start to make a list.   I recommend choosing the tube type first only because if you switch later you have an entire spare system of fittings.

15 hours ago, MaratM said:

There are ways to save some money on them. Use a cheaper alternative such as barrow but they all add up to a large sum of money at the end. I’ve learned the hard way and ended up having a cooling system and the case cost more than actual hardware in my rig)))

yep, at a certain point i started think of my computer in 3 sections (actual parts, water-cooling, and peripherals: case mouse etc.)  and  it adds up fast if you future proof.

thankfully 2 of the sections dont require upgrades every few years, save for major upgrades and occasionally things die, but other than a mobo recently dying for an inexplicable reason. Only plus is it was in warranty so i got a new one, Just no info as to why or what happened an how it may have happened/how to avoid it again.