Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Create polarized "stealth" glasses for any screen.

Arsenious

Hi, 

I wish to make my tablet screen "stealthy" by making use of polarizing filter sheets. Now I don't wanna rip that out of my screen and I also don't think it will be on a tablet. Nonetheless, I want to know the steps to create a polarized glass only through which I could actually see the content on my tablet screen. Now I have some idea that I would need a pair of those sheets that is,one that polarizes and one that depolarizes it on my glasses. All I need is some guidance for this project. I googled this but only came up with people trying to make a monitor stealthy by ripping off its own polarizer and my case is different. Any help would be great! 

Regards

2 minutes ago, Arsenious said:

Hi, 

I wish to make my tablet screen "stealthy" by making use of polarizing filter sheets. Now I don't wanna rip that out of my screen and I also don't think it will be on a tablet. Nonetheless, I want to know the steps to create a polarized glass only through which I could actually see the content on my tablet screen. Now I have some idea that I would need a pair of those sheets that is,one that polarizes and one that depolarizes it on my glasses. All I need is some guidance for this project. I googled this but only came up with people trying to make a monitor stealthy by ripping off its own polarizer and my case is different. Any help would be great! 

Regards

Chances are it might not work on your tablet. Polarizing filters don't work on my 2 android phones too, they just decolor a little. But let's say it does work on your tablet screen. Then simply putting a filter over it wont work, it will just show as a black screen. After which I'm not sure you can re-polarize it to make it white again. But you can try it.

I currently can't find my polarizing filters, but I'll try it out for you if you need, but I first gotta find them.