Musk seems to have foot in mouth disease, he's now insulting the SEC on Twitter

Master Disaster

Only days after he reached a settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission Elon has again taken to his favourite insulting platform.

Elon Musk has mocked a US financial regulator just days after reaching an agreement with it over fraud charges.

The Tesla boss tweeted the "Shortseller Enrichment Commission", as he dubbed the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), was doing "incredible work".

Last weekend Mr Musk agreed to step down as Tesla Chairman and pay a $20m (£15m) fine over tweets that he had funding to take Tesla private.

The deal followed the SEC's decision to sue him for alleged securities fraud.

Elon has made no secret of the fact he dislikes short sellers and it's claimed Short Sellers lost millions when he made claims about taking Tesla private.

The SEC's allegation of fraud against Mr Musk related to tweets he posted in August in which he said he was considering taking electronic car maker Tesla off the stock market and into private ownership.

He wrote he had "funding secured" for the proposal, which would value Tesla at $420 per share. Shares in the company briefly rose after his announcement, but later fell again.

The SEC said those claims were "false and misleading".

At the time, short-sellers, who make a profit by borrowing shares, selling them and then buying them back at an expected lower price,

claimed to have lost millions thanks to Mr Musk's comments.

The Tesla boss dislike of short-sellers is well-known: He once called them "jerks who want us to die".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-45754299

1ufpwh.jpg

What is going on in Musks head? Are we witnessing first hand a full blown mental breakdown? Someone really needs to shut down his Twitter account.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

@Master Disaster Certainly you can see that this has nothing to do with Tech News? At best it is Business News, at worst it's just celebrity gossip for the likes of TMZ.

We need to realise that not every tweet from Elon Musk is 'Tech news'.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

22 minutes ago, Spotty said:

@Master Disaster Certainly you can see that this has nothing to do with Tech News? At best it is Business News, at worst it's just celebrity gossip for the likes of TMZ.

That's your opinion, you're entitled to it.

I'll give you a life lesson, take it or leave it. If you see something you don't like or agree with ignore it. Nobody forced you to click on the thread, read it's contents or respond to it. You did that all on your own.

When there is something happening that might have an impact on one of the biggest tech firms on the planet it's tech news by definition. Tech news has a much bigger scope than new product releases, it's upto you to filter out what your not interested in.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I'll give you a life lesson, take it or leave it. If you see something you don't like or agree with ignore it. Nobody forced you to click on the thread, read it's contents or respond to it. You did that all on your own.

When there is something happening that might have an impact on one of the biggest tech firms on the planet it's tech news by definition. Tech news has a much bigger scope than new product releases, it's upto you to filter out what your not interested in.

I'll give you a life lesson, take it or leave it. If you see something you don't like or agree with ignore it. Nobody forced you to watch Elon Musks Twitter, read it's contents or respond to it. You did that all on your own.

Sorry had to do it, it's people like you and me that made his Twitter valued as a valid news source which it's not look at Trumps tweets, earlier today I saw a news article about Trump having toiletpaper on his shoe, they are just people he has the right to be offended and the right to post whatever he thinks, that is what I think American freedom of speech is about. Btw $20M dollar isn't a large fine for Musk.

Desktop

CPUi5-6600K MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120M Black/white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 1070 HDDs: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM  SSDSamsung EVO 850 500GB PSU: Coolermaster 550W 80+ Gold Case: NZXT S340 (White) with a white led strip ;)

Laptops

Dell 7577

CPUi7 7700HQ RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: GTX1060 Max-q HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM  SSDNVMe 512GB SCREEN: 4k IPS 15.6"

Macbook pro 2018

CPUi7 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Radeon Pro 555X 4GB Storage256GB SCREEN: 15"

13 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

When there is something happening that might have an impact on one of the biggest tech firms

despite losing money because he says (Elon) something Tesla won't be impacted by it. Tech news (News and reviews from all around the web!) How this is either Tech news or a review ?

33 minutes ago, voiha said:

despite losing money because he says (Elon) something Tesla won't be impacted by it. Tech news (News and reviews from all around the web!) How this is either Tech news or a review ?

Personally I think he's doing it to temporarily drive the price low, so more people can buy shares.

I know I've considered it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Personally I think he's doing it to temporarily drive the price low, so more people can buy shares.

I know I've considered it.

*putting my tinfoil hat* Could be which makes it a great plan as it was already confirmed that Tesla is going profitable in the next couple of years. *BUY LOW SELL HIGH*

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

1 hour ago, EG! said:

I'll give you a life lesson, take it or leave it. If you see something you don't like or agree with ignore it. Nobody forced you to watch Elon Musks Twitter, read it's contents or respond to it. You did that all on your own.

Sorry had to do it, it's people like you and me that made his Twitter valued as a valid news source which it's not look at Trumps tweets, earlier today I saw a news article about Trump having toiletpaper on his shoe, they are just people he has the right to be offended and the right to post whatever he thinks, that is what I think American freedom of speech is about. Btw $20M dollar isn't a large fine for Musk.

^

This

This is barely news, whiney Billioniare is whiney.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

A lot of the success of such tech hinges on telsa and musk.  Whether we like it or not, public/government opinion on this technology is formed by the actions of Elon.   Making his outbursts and rants and possible damaging behaviour an important consideration for those of us who follow such tech and promote it through mediums like this forum.  

Just like every time an Uber AI car crashes all AI cars get a bad name, every time Musk makes a gaff about money/sec, all EV car ventures begin to look like a scam enterprise.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Lol, I really thought Musk got a serious disease but now after reading is carefully, his mouth can't stop shitting lmfao.

What's up with this guy? He used to be a cool guy and now he talks shit? Or everyone he doesn't like is a pedophile? You know, it is kind of entertaining.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

35 minutes ago, mr moose said:

A lot of the success of such tech hinges on telsa and musk.  Whether we like it or not, public/government opinion on this technology is formed by the actions of Elon.   Making his outbursts and rants and possible damaging behaviour an important consideration for those of us who follow such tech and promote it through mediums like this forum.  

Just like every time an Uber AI car crashes all AI cars get a bad name, every time Musk makes a gaff about money/sec, all EV car ventures begin to look like a scam enterprise.

Well I don't think his behavior will negatively impact EV's as a whole.

I can sort of understand his dilemma. On the one hand, as a public figure you have a responsibility towards not only the company, but also the movement you're trying to push for. On the other hand, on an individualistic level, you can't really blame the guy for speaking his mind. That's always a plus in my book at least. Does it muddy the waters for the whole EV movement though? I wouldn't be so sure.

I mean, there were some very nasty people throughout history who did painting (or whatever "interest" you may think of) but did that ruin painting and it's different sub movements?  

Well let's get more concrete, since painting isn't as widespread as cars. Ford was a pretty nasty person by the end of his life, but did that deter people from cars? 

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I'll give you a life lesson, take it or leave it. If you see something you don't like or agree with ignore it.

Or resist it. Or criticize it. Or question it. Or (try to) change it. Or make your opinion public.

Basically, freely choose what to do about it, it's your call.

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Reductio ad absurdum. People only start throwing around logical fallacies when they have no other options.

You may not know this, but reductio ad absurdum is a valid strategy in deductive logic to prove/disprove an argument, not a fallacy.

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I'll give you a life lesson, take it or leave it. If you see something you don't like or agree with ignore it.

Definitely not a double-edged sword...

5 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

Every time Elon Musk opens his mouth, his stocks just plummet.. I guess he just wants the "savage" status

you mean except for the time where the stock has gone up quickly in a single day.

All cuz he smoked the devil’s lettuce...

Alright kids, time to put him down. Our pet muskoot isn’t feeling well anymore. 

5 minutes ago, fpo said:

All cuz he smoked the devil’s lettuce...

Alright kids, time to put him down. Our pet muskoot isn’t feeling well anymore. 

Lettuce go then.. ?

21 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

what a corny joke

eh-heh

You need to beet it with all these veggie jokes...

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

He may have problems keeping his mouth shut, but he is right, SEC should be disbanded garbage organization, but whatever, the next person will accuse me of not knowing what im talking about, and i dont.

EM has no goal of making profits of Tesla, maybe on very long term,  i mostly believe him when he says he wanted to move the electric car industry forward, and he has done that, with little profits.

What happened to america? where you had freedom of speech, just because he's CEO doesnt mean he has to keep it shut, fuck that, no one should be sued for having an opinion, except if its for slander.

I hope he gets banned from twitter, along with trump, i also hope twitter dies, most social media is garbage gets the worst out of the people, its much much better to have old style press conference or short interviews, people are more reserved in such scenarios,  except Trump maybe hes giving them hell on any occasion.

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

*gingerly tiptoes away*

This isn't the thyme or the plaice to make food based jokes

1 hour ago, yian88 said:

but whatever, the next person will accuse me of not knowing what im talking about, and i dont.

I agree.

1 hour ago, yian88 said:

just because he's CEO doesnt mean he has to keep it shut,

Yes, just because he is the CEO means he can't provide false information about the company he runs. It's not free speech, it's fraud.

1 hour ago, yian88 said:

fuck that, no one should be sued for having an opinion, except if its for slander.

"I may buy the shares of the company I run at an above-market price with secured funding" is not an opinion.

It's OK for you to not know these things, though. But appointing you as chairman and CEO of a large corporation would be irresponsible

Appointing Mr. PayPal was supposed to be a safer bet...

2 hours ago, yian88 said:

He may have problems keeping his mouth shut, but he is right, SEC should be disbanded garbage organization, but whatever, the next person will accuse me of not knowing what im talking about, and i dont.

EM has no goal of making profits of Tesla, maybe on very long term,  i mostly believe him when he says he wanted to move the electric car industry forward, and he has done that, with little profits.

What happened to america? where you had freedom of speech, just because he's CEO doesnt mean he has to keep it shut, fuck that, no one should be sued for having an opinion, except if its for slander.

I hope he gets banned from twitter, along with trump, i also hope twitter dies, most social media is garbage gets the worst out of the people, its much much better to have old style press conference or short interviews, people are more reserved in such scenarios,  except Trump maybe hes giving them hell on any occasion.

agreed

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I agree.

Yes, just because he is the CEO means he can't provide false information about the company he runs. It's not free speech, it's fraud.

"I may buy the shares of the company I run at an above-market price with secured funding" is not an opinion.

It's OK for you to not know these things, though. But appointing you as chairman and CEO of a large corporation would be irresponsible

Appointing Mr. PayPal was supposed to be a safer bet...

but what did he do that is so wrong? many heavy investors actually run their mouth about why or who you should invest in tv programs/articles/etc isnt that same type of thing?