Is it okay to run 2 software temp monitoring software at the same time?

Is it okay to run 2 software temp monitoring software at the same time? like CPUID HWMONITOR and HWINFO64 at the same time?  Is there any conflict at all like one software will try to get the reading from the sensor first? 

I don't see why there would be a conflict since they're just reading sensors. There's no kind of priority system, they can read the sensors whenever they want. I've had SpeedFan, HWMonitor, AMD Overdrive, MSI Afterburner, etc all running at the same time and there's no problems whatsoever.

1 minute ago, CUDAcores89 said:

I mean what would make you think otherwise?

I think there will be a conflict as one try to get the reading first? 

27 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

I think there will be a conflict as one try to get the reading first? 

There shouldn't be any conflict. Maybe a minuscule CPU degradation due to it scanning the temperatures through two different programs instead of one but with CPUs nowadays, that should not be an issue at all. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

48 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

Is it okay to run 2 software temp monitoring software at the same time? like CPUID HWMONITOR and HWINFO64 at the same time?  Is there any conflict at all like one software will try to get the reading from the sensor first? 

No, they just read data. Maybe other programs opened just steal RAM and CPU cycles, nothing that would decrease performance in modern systems.

1 hour ago, Lukyp said:

No, they just read data. Maybe other programs opened just steal RAM and CPU cycles, nothing that would decrease performance in modern systems.

1 hour ago, Jasun said:

There shouldn't be any conflict. Maybe a minuscule CPU degradation due to it scanning the temperatures through two different programs instead of one but with CPUs nowadays, that should not be an issue at all. 

Thanks. 

Only problem might be that they give very different readings. At that point you just need to know which is more accurate. Which you can check with multiple software which give same results.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Only one problem - don't try to set anything using both programs (like fan control). Read is fine. I'm using MSI Afterburner and CoreTemp together (CoreTemp shows max temperature, Afterburner current with small history).