How to Link Discord to Your Floatplane.com Account

jakkuh_t

Hey guys, here's how you can link your Discord account to your floatplane.com account. This gives you a fancy Pilot role, and grants access to exclusive pilot voice and text channels.

Join our Official Discord!

Step 1: Login to Floatplane.com

1Qx5X4y.png

Step 2: Navigate to your user settings via the cog wheel in the bottom left of your scren.

GRvF8Lv.png

Step 3: Click on "Connected accounts" in the top left.

cLZKuX3.png

Step 4. Click the plus icon next to Discord

3wAWmlz.png

Step 5. Click "Authorize" in the popup, that pops up. 

T4XS6Md.png

Step 6. Success! You're done :D
1vBwo2O.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If you ever lose your rank on the Discord, you can click the little refresh button next to your connected Discord account, and it should force a resync. :D

aHpULOQ.png

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2018 at 9:54 PM, jakkuh_t said:

Hey guys, here's how you can link your Discord account to your floatplane.com account. This allows you to skip the 24 hour first join nerf on our Discord server, as well as grants access to the floatplane pilot channels.

1Qx5X4y.png

Step 2: Navigate to your user settings via the cog wheel in the bottom left of your scren.

GRvF8Lv.png

cLZKuX3.png

3wAWmlz.png

T4XS6Md.png

1vBwo2O.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If you ever lose your rank on the Discord, you can click the little refresh button next to your connected Discord account, and it should force a resync. :D

aHpULOQ.png

Cool guide but it seems like it might be broken since the only association I can manage to get working with my discord is through the forums, not through the floatplane site. Might want to look into that for floatplane-only users.

I like hanging out and conversing about tech and stuff, commuting from forums to discord every so often.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:27 PM, O-T said:

Cool guide but it seems like it might be broken since the only association I can manage to get working with my discord is through the forums, not through the floatplane site. Might want to look into that for floatplane-only users.

same here. just linked it, but it's not showing on discord.

• 2 years later...

This is lovely and all, but I have no friends and I only downloaded Discord to join the Linus Discord, I sub on FP @ OG tier. But I still have to wait until my Discord acct is old enough.. I promise I'm not just here to spam, I pay LTT moneys. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2018 at 3:54 PM, jakkuh_t said:

Hey guys, here's how you can link your Discord account to your floatplane.com account. This allows you to skip the 24 hour first join nerf on our Discord server, as well as grants access to the floatplane pilot channels.

1Qx5X4y.png

GRvF8Lv.png

cLZKuX3.png

3wAWmlz.png

T4XS6Md.png

1vBwo2O.png

aHpULOQ.png

Yeah this isn't taking me to a floatplane discord like mentioned below. Is there a fix for this yet?

3 hours ago, Rashimoto said:

Yeah this isn't taking me to a floatplane discord like mentioned below. Is there a fix for this yet?

it goes to the LTT Discord, and if your account is linked, you get the Floatplane tag, for extra priviledges.

• 1 year later...

Still having the same issues being unable to link my Floatplane account to discord.   Even contacted LMG customer support a couple of months ago and was told they'd look into it.

On 8/26/2023 at 6:20 AM, norahc said:

Still having the same issues being unable to link my Floatplane account to discord.   Even contacted LMG customer support a couple of months ago and was told they'd look into it.

What's the issue you're having?