GTX 1080 Ti, should I get it?

AnalogCanavity
Go to solution Solved by m0n4rchy,
1 minute ago, Zic05 said:

I am deciding between the GTX 1080 Ti and the RTX 2080, I am leaning towards the GTX 1080 Ti because I feel like Ray-Tracing and DLSS will not be well supported until the next Nvidia GPU lanch (Maybe AMD will add it to?). I currently have a GTX 1070 and was wondering if I should sell it, or else the prices might drop (Then wouldn't the 1080 Ti's drop to?). My specs are in my signature and I am planning to upgrade to Intel 9th gen too.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Yeah, just get a 1080 Ti. New, you can find one for around 650 USD. Used, you can find one for around 550 USD.

Stick with that 1080 Ti for a while, and then when you feel comfortable, upgrade to a newer and more powerful GPU.

I am deciding between the GTX 1080 Ti and the RTX 2080, I am leaning towards the GTX 1080 Ti because I feel like Ray-Tracing and DLSS will not be well supported until the next Nvidia GPU lanch (Maybe AMD will add it to?). I currently have a GTX 1070 and was wondering if I should sell it, or else the prices might drop (Then wouldn't the 1080 Ti's drop to?). My specs are in my signature and I am planning to upgrade to Intel 9th gen too.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

1 minute ago, Zic05 said:

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Yeah, just get a 1080 Ti. New, you can find one for around 650 USD. Used, you can find one for around 550 USD.

Stick with that 1080 Ti for a while, and then when you feel comfortable, upgrade to a newer and more powerful GPU.

Depends on the price of the 1080ti and the 2080 in your area.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i got an amazingly nice 1080ti at a good price barely used and i'm blown away.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i got an amazingly nice 1080ti at a good price barely used and i'm blown away.

I noticed your using it with a 4770k, do you think the CPU is bottlenecking your GPU a bit. 

Thanks

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

6 minutes ago, Zic05 said:

I noticed your using it with a 4770k, do you think the CPU is bottlenecking your GPU a bit. 

Thanks

YES it is...in assassin's creed origins at 2560x1440p the CPU is maxed out and the framerate show some stuttering at times.

FarCry 5 CPu is holding back by as much as 20% at times, again 1440p high refresh max settings.

I would need a 8700K or better for max performance...but it's still really awesome i get above 80FPS in all games and most of anything that run bellow 100FPS is because of the CPU and i can play all games at max settings.

Also improved VR performance a lot.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR