Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CSGO fps problems

Go to solution Solved by MyNameBorat,

i got the solution.
NZXT CAM software with the CAM overlay was capping the fps. when i turned it off i got 1000+ fps

I just built my new PC and I only get around 120 FPS in csgo with all low settings. My resolution is 1080p.

My PC specs:

CPU: intel core i7-8700k @4.7Ghz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ( Strix OC edition by ASUS)

RAM: Corsair RGB PRO 16 GB DDR4 @3000 MHz (XMP profile on)

STORAGE: samsung ssd 970 evo 500 GB

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2

I turned off the FPS cap and v-sync is turned off too. I updated to the latest bios.

Help is appreciated.

did you install the drivers for the gpu and did you plug the monitor into the gpu and not the motherboard

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Yes i did install the latest GPU drivers from nvidia and the display port is connected to the GPU.

do you have any startup options for csgo, like a fps limit or something

i got the solution.
NZXT CAM software with the CAM overlay was capping the fps. when i turned it off i got 1000+ fps

2 hours ago, MyNameBorat said:

i got the solution.

I assume you see 1000+ in menus and load screens?  What are your in-game fps numbers now?

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case