GIGABYTE Notice - USTR Finalizes Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Imports

Slayerking92
2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

The world should just be Australia and New Zealand and the problems would go away.

While I don't know much about either, it sure seems like you guys have some solid legislation and laws over there.

There are, however, more countries that do much better than the US. So it is not as bad as it sounds when reading the news.

We can be glad the US is just a pretty small part of the world that is not as important as it used to be anymore.

Give it another few years and EU / China will just duke trade out while ignoring the US altogether. Both already have much higher production, trade, wealth, health, happiness, exports and don't have tremendous trade deficits. Just a few more tariffs screwing over Silicon Valley companies, and those will move out to China, or the EU. Don't think many of those are going to take up to 20% reduced margins for long. Most can move all their stuff within 3 years and make up the cost for that in a year of taxes.

Basically, the US is playing with fire right now, and the orange guy does not even seem to notice.

10 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

While I don't know much about either, it sure seems like you guys have some solid legislation and laws over there.

There are, however, more countries that do much better than the US. So it is not as bad as it sounds when reading the news.

We can be glad the US is just a pretty small part of the world that is not as important as it used to be anymore.

Give it another few years and EU / China will just duke trade out while ignoring the US altogether. Both already have much higher production, trade, wealth, health, happiness, exports and don't have tremendous trade deficits. Just a few more tariffs screwing over Silicon Valley companies, and those will move out to China, or the EU. Don't think many of those are going to take up to 20% reduced margins for long. Most can move all their stuff within 3 years and make up the cost for that in a year of taxes.

Basically, the US is playing with fire right now, and the orange guy does not even seem to notice.

As they say, all empires fall eventually.    We will know when we have the perfect system because the whole world will adopt it and everyone will be better off.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

As they say, all empires fall eventually.    We will know when we have the perfect system because the whole world will adopt it and everyone will be better off.

Quite sure we already have a few close to perfect systems.

Combine some of those and we could have the best system already.

But you know, people in charge would have to let go of some power and corruption. Which will be hard to pull off.

4 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Quite sure we already have a few close to perfect systems.

Combine some of those and we could have the best system already.

But you know, people in charge would have to let go of some power and corruption. Which will be hard to pull off.

I believe that day will come when there is no threat to quality of living for them. When the positions of power do not net a necessary perk to maintaining your preferred lifestyle.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

I believe that day will come when there is no threat to quality of living for them. When the positions of power do not net a necessary perk to maintaining your preferred lifestyle.  

Glad to see a guy like you. Honestly.

I am in the same boat as to believe there is a brighter future.

When reading the news and hate people show off in forums, it is sometimes hard to stay that positive, but I try!

So, a sincere "thank you" for being like you are. Hope you are correct in your predictions.

Just now, Tech Enthusiast said:

Glad to see a guy like you. Honestly.

I am in the same boat as to believe there is a brighter future.

When reading the news and hate people show off in forums, it is sometimes hard to stay that positive, but I try!

So, a sincere "thank you" for being like you are. Hope you are correct in your predictions.

Thank you,  There are some really good signs of things getting better if we go looking. 

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

The US should adopt Australia's model for political leadership,  When the leader starts polling bad just kick him out and get someone new for a bit.  It's not like the people actually voted him in in the first place.

what?

the best system is the Prime Minister and President. The President doesn't do much, and the PM rules the country. But there is a very important function of the President, he can kick the PM out of office if things get weird, looses popular support, etc...

Well we are seeing more products made in SE asia like Hard disks in malaysia.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 hours ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Whilst you are extremely wrong, and most of the worlds money moves through the US, I did only make a joke and we aren’t allowed to discuss politics

On 9/21/2018 at 7:26 PM, Taf the Ghost said:

The USA is, depending on the year, the 2nd or 3rd largest exporter in the world. Largest Food exporter. Largest importer of non-perishable items. Oh, and the world's largest market. The USA is the world leader in IP, R&D and Business Services, along with most heavy manufacturing tech and a near monopoly on extraction technologies.

Though, for our purposes, the USA is also the world's leading exporter of "Fake News". Trump won by playing the game. Re-read my first paragraph. Nearly all manufacturing can be moved back to the USA in 1-2 years, if necessary. As technological production automates more & more, there's little reason to have line workers that a paid extremely poorly to put things together. 

But, on the Fake News aspect, that's really why people don't understand these issues. We're victims of highly interested groups that want to push very specific economic interests. And those economic interests go against the interests of the majority of Americans. It's fairly simple. The tariffs change calculations for everyone involved in an industry. Sure, Americans, for a time, might be pay $2 extra on a $20 USD purchase, but how is that different than price fluctuations that generally happen? But that pricing difference changes what local producers can do within a market. 25% import tariff can protect entire industries, as that's a pretty standard level of tariff in most of the world. 

Leadership positions are only lost because you get invaded & conquered. Or, in the case of much in the States, foreign & domestic enemies of the people conspired to exfiltrate the wealth of the country. Trump's being "nice" at this stage. The USA can obliterate China's economy overnight, which is why the "trade normalization" process is going in steps. As much as China doesn't like this, this was hashed out back in early 2017 when Xi visited Florida. What we're seeing is the slow rollout of a process that'll still take a few more years, as to keep the disruptions down a bit. The power of long-term planning.

6 more years.

It looks like they're going to push CAD to 1.4, 1.5 and possibly far higher than that. Might take a trip down to 1.2 before they do it though. It's the likely explanation for why Trudeau & company have been ordered to tank the NAFTA negotiations. You guys are in for some pain over the next few years.

Calling_Bullshit.jpg

This is the biggest load I've seen in a long time...

Normally your posts are quite well informed but reading this was a major disappointment. I dont think I've ever seen anyone drink so much propaganda kool-aid outside of third world religous pedaling countries to the point of literally being at the brink of choking to death. This just oozes self imposed damage control when the buildings already burnt to the ground but the fire department still shows up only to pour water on the ashes of what remains.

I'm not even going to bother digging into how many ways this text of gibberish is wrong. It would be an outright waste of time trying to convince an individual at this point of no return otherwise. I just figured that through my occasional lurking someone had to call out this nonsense.

Enjoy the multiple tariffs being imposed from several countries that have already left a string of laid off employees and bankrupt businesses. I won't be back to argue any further. The future will prove you wrong while the bubble you've created sticking your fingers in your ears attempting to avoid reality crumbles.

This_Is_Fine.jpg

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

9 hours ago, asus killer said:

what?

the best system is the Prime Minister and President. The President doesn't do much, and the PM rules the country. But there is a very important function of the President, he can kick the PM out of office if things get weird, looses popular support, etc...

You are describing the Australian system, though we don't call him a president he is the governor general.  But alas, my post was a bit a tongue in cheek as we have had many more PM's as we've had elections.

16 minutes ago, mr moose said:

You are describing the Australian system, though we don't call him a president he is the governor general.  But alas, my post was a bit a tongue in cheek as we have had many more PM's as we've had elections.

yep, i figured i was missing some context. Still am. We have the same system and only a few times did the President put the PM out on it's ass. I guess you guys use it more loosely. Still it's a better system then the American for example, if like anything else used correctly.

And i don't mean to say we didn't had miserable PM's, he did, but it's a balanced between the popular vote legitimacy and full craziness that looses im the popular vote and respect of everyone. I remember one PM that was sacked that literally almost everyone was against him.

and of course and they know they have to behave. 

13 hours ago, Hellion said:

snip

You seem quite mad. Did something happen to your fedora? Perhaps you tipped it too hard

13 hours ago, asus killer said:

yep, i figured i was missing some context. Still am. We have the same system and only a few times did the President put the PM out on it's ass. I guess you guys use it more loosely. Still it's a better system then the American for example, if like anything else used correctly.

And i don't mean to say we didn't had miserable PM's, he did, but it's a balanced between the popular vote legitimacy and full craziness that looses im the popular vote and respect of everyone. I remember one PM that was sacked that literally almost everyone was against him.

and of course and they know they have to behave. 

In Oz, their own party can remove the PM, not just the Governor General, and in Oz, they really like to use that, a lot.

40 minutes ago, IntMD said:

In Oz, their own party can remove the PM, not just the Governor General, and in Oz, they really like to use that, a lot.

i think that is possible in most countries no? they just have to vote him out with a "motion of censure" (literal translation from my language, i have no idea how you say that in english)

5 hours ago, SeriousDad69 said:

You seem quite mad. Did something happen to your fedora? Perhaps you tipped it too hard

Someone has to provide the noise to hide the truth -_-.

It’s almost like the administration hates the economy. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

On 9/21/2018 at 8:26 PM, Taf the Ghost said:

The USA is, depending on the year, the 2nd or 3rd largest exporter in the world. Largest Food exporter. Largest importer of non-perishable items. Oh, and the world's largest market. The USA is the world leader in IP, R&D and Business Services, along with most heavy manufacturing tech and a near monopoly on extraction technologies.

Though, for our purposes, the USA is also the world's leading exporter of "Fake News". Trump won by playing the game. Re-read my first paragraph. Nearly all manufacturing can be moved back to the USA in 1-2 years, if necessary. As technological production automates more & more, there's little reason to have line workers that a paid extremely poorly to put things together. 

But, on the Fake News aspect, that's really why people don't understand these issues. We're victims of highly interested groups that want to push very specific economic interests. And those economic interests go against the interests of the majority of Americans. It's fairly simple. The tariffs change calculations for everyone involved in an industry. Sure, Americans, for a time, might be pay $2 extra on a $20 USD purchase, but how is that different than price fluctuations that generally happen? But that pricing difference changes what local producers can do within a market. 25% import tariff can protect entire industries, as that's a pretty standard level of tariff in most of the world. 

Leadership positions are only lost because you get invaded & conquered. Or, in the case of much in the States, foreign & domestic enemies of the people conspired to exfiltrate the wealth of the country. Trump's being "nice" at this stage. The USA can obliterate China's economy overnight, which is why the "trade normalization" process is going in steps. As much as China doesn't like this, this was hashed out back in early 2017 when Xi visited Florida. What we're seeing is the slow rollout of a process that'll still take a few more years, as to keep the disruptions down a bit. The power of long-term planning.

6 more years.

It looks like they're going to push CAD to 1.4, 1.5 and possibly far higher than that. Might take a trip down to 1.2 before they do it though. It's the likely explanation for why Trudeau & company have been ordered to tank the NAFTA negotiations. You guys are in for some pain over the next few years.

You realize that every industry in the US that uses steel just had their manufacturing costs go up right? Alot of them have laid off workers as a result so I am unsure how this helps the majority if US companies? Does it help the steel industry? Yeah but at what cost? This idea that increasing the costs of goods from China is helping is incredibly niave seeing as most economist have agreed that it's a bad idea. 

Some of your responses are baffling tbh:

*Watches the biggest and most important market in the world establish tariffs*

lol, not from that country, I can't possibly see how that could affect me!

Yeah sure, companies losing their main business won't impact prices globally, it's not like economies are like connected or something how would one even do that, through some sort of international networks of computers!?

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 9/24/2018 at 9:27 PM, asus killer said:

i think that is possible in most countries no? they just have to vote him out with a "motion of censure" (literal translation from my language, i have no idea how you say that in english)

In Aus. the PM is the leader of the party that holds the most seats in government (they are the government because they hold a majority) as voted by the people.  There is no need for government action to change the PM it all comes down to thee party, if enough people in the party want a new leader then they vote in a new leader who becomes the PM.     They can also do this when they are in opposition, the person voted in by the party just becomes the leader of the opposition (second largest party in government by elected seats).   It's one of the peculiarities of having a 2 party preferred system based on the UK model.

The good thing for Australia is that the office of PM helps guide the country like the CEO would guide a company, but they must do it with the support of the party/board who are in turn looking at the voters/shareholders for approval.  So in many ways because of the inherent nature of the system the PM gets changed due to voter movement more than anything.  Which is a better example of a democratic system working than how it looks on the surface.

I think there is definitely a xenophobic aspect to this. But I think more importantly, we have to remember that there was recently a $1 trillion corporate tax cut, and I think these tariffs will be used to make up the lost revenue. It's simply redistribution of wealth from gamers to these corporations.

On Monday, September 24, 2018 at 4:27 AM, SeriousDad69 said:

I don't get "mad" over words on the internet. However,  I do call out bullshit when it lacks any logical justification and is just a regurgitation of what one of the most corrupt government administrations in history spew to the public hoping to convince the people that everything is fine when the country is slowly falling into an abyss.

Learn the difference.

The "lolz u mad bro?" rhetoric got old in grade school. Grow the fuck up.

24 minutes ago, Hellion said:

I don't get "mad" over words on the internet. However,  I do call out bullshit when it lacks any logical justification and is just a regurgitation of what one of the most corrupt government administrations in history spew to the public hoping to convince the people that everything is fine when the country is slowly falling into an abyss.

Learn the difference.

The "lolz u mad bro?" rhetoric got old in grade school. Grow the fuck up.

Bro dont get mad cuz your a sheep. I know its hard but try to think for yourself one of these days. 

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 3:27 PM, Cornontheecob said:

Bro dont get mad cuz your a sheep. I know its hard but try to think for yourself one of these days. 

Clearly you're a confused individual failing to understand and grasp the concept of the correct implementation of the term "sheep" which you cluelessly throw out at random hoping that it sticks.