Would like to hire someone to help re-build / set up PC

danforz

All,

I work a lot and don't have the energy anymore to build, overclock, etc. Is there a company I can hire to come to my home and build the PC for me? And then give it a minor oveclock tweak? 

I live in Los Angeles CA. Willing to pay for the service. 

Please advise. 

Daniel  

yeah theres a million people on craigslist that build pc's

I'd probably avoid small shops as they won't make house calls and aren't nearly as hungry as craiglist newbies

You could buy a PC from a company such as CyberPowerPC, IBuyPower, OriginPC, MainGear, or plenty of other similar companies. 

I'd avoid going with emosun's suggestion of some random person on Craigslist.

Honestly, it's not that hard to build a PC, and it'll only take a few hours of your time. Just do it yourself and save some money.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

7 hours ago, emosun said:

yeah theres a million people on craigslist that build pc's

I'd probably avoid small shops as they won't make house calls and aren't nearly as hungry as craiglist newbies

I'm thinking maybe a company. Prefer experience and professional work. Not sure if I'd want to hire a "newbie," but let me know.

7 hours ago, TheKDub said:

You could buy a PC from a company such as CyberPowerPC, IBuyPower, OriginPC, MainGear, or plenty of other similar companies. 

I already have $3500 worth of PC :) Lots of the best stuff. Just needs to be put together and I'm tired of doing it. Process takes hours to do correctly. 

Just now, danforz said:

Prefer experience and professional work.

then buy a machine that's already built

no experienced professional does house calls , they build a factory to assemble the machines and just ship them finished.

33 minutes ago, danforz said:

I'm tired of doing it

So you're totally capable to put it together and you don't appear to have listed a time restraint.... You're just being lazy?

Have fun with it. It really doesn't take that long if you know what you're doing (which I have gleaned that you do). Overclocking is easy now-a-days. Just look up some guides.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Did you buy all the parts off one company?

Most retailers over here offer an assembly service for a small charge.

No signature found

Honestly best bet is that you look up some local boutique shop, take your PC there and give them list on what you want to do with it. I wouldn't let any random person in my house and $3k PC is still too little for house call when you could take it somewhere.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If I still lived in SoCal I'd be happy to do it for the extra cash but alas, I moved to Philly in 2015. Good luck! 

Lian Li O11  Dynamic XL  | Ryzen 9 5900X (on pre-order) | ASUS ROG Strix X570 E | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600 64GB (4x16GB)| ADATA SX8 M.2 1TB | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD| Samsung 850 Evo 2TB SSD| EVGA HX 850W | EK D5 PWM Pump | EK Quantum Distro Plate | EK Lignum CPU Block | Manjaro Gnome Edition

Personal Website

12 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

So you're totally capable to put it together and you don't appear to have listed a time restraint.... You're just being lazy?

Have fun with it. It really doesn't take that long if you know what you're doing (which I have gleaned that you do). Overclocking is easy now-a-days. Just look up some guides.

I wouldn't call OP lazy if their life is full of other obligations then it makes sense.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

18 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Honestly best bet is that you look up some local boutique shop, take your PC there and give them list on what you want to do with it. I wouldn't let any random person in my house and $3k PC is still too little for house call when you could take it somewhere.

Is there one you like in Southern California?

Geek squad might build it for you. Amazon has some service but I think you have to buy the parts from them. 

I presume you own the computer already so you can request over lock from cyber power pc or another custom web PC service. 

I don’t know if “ma and pa pc shops” exist too much anymore or I’d think “they’d love a customer.” 

1 hour ago, danforz said:

I would assume so. If there's shop doing repairs, they will also do upgrades and possibly overclocking. Don't ask me to name any. I only know few in my current and previous areas.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, danforz said:

I think you should start calling local places and getting estimates. Ask specifics about what you're looking for, what their hourly rates are, and what they think the total cost of time is. It might be worth it to ask, "Is there any potential additional costs " just to cover yourself. Crowdsourcing information in your local community may yield better results than asking an online forum.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |