Sony Announces The PlayStation Classic

Just now, JuNex03 said:

CMIIW isn't that a game streaming thing and not actually an emulator?

I don't know. First time I've heard of it. Hopefully it's emulation as I have no interest in the PlayStation console. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

I don't know. First time I've heard of it. Hopefully it's emulation as I have no interest in the PlayStation console. 

It looks like it

image.png.74e5760446b59eb11b45c616c4310e77.png

33 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I'd rather not use PS3 or PS4. I'd like the games to be on PC or, at the least, available for steaming on PC. 

Also, I really hope you bought Jumpin' Flash under duress. 

or the only good console to play them on: The vita

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

38 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Also, I really hope you bought Jumpin' Flash under duress. 

nah, I've bought metal gear, rayman and every suikoden

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

54 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Holy sh#t. 

Someone at Sony fell off their rocker and actually did something reasonable. 

Reveal hidden contents

Though that subscription fee...

You asked for a Streaming Service (for PC), you got it years ago ;)
Its promoted to Sony Users widely so they should know about it. The others, probably not...

50 minutes ago, JuNex03 said:

CMIIW isn't that a game streaming thing and not actually an emulator?

Yes, its a game Streaming service, that's why you pay such a high fee..

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

You asked for a Streaming Service (for PC), you got it years ago ;)
Its promoted to Sony Users widely so they should know about it. The others, probably not...

Yes, its a game Streaming service, that's why you pay such a high fee..

Would've been great if they just let us play locally all released ps1 and ps2 games on PC for a subscription... Though I'm not sure how'd they be able to implement the subscription model in the first place if that were the case.

On 9/19/2018 at 7:10 AM, suicidalfranco said:

Also thinking about it, why?

why release a PS1 emulation station locked with just 5 games when you already have both the Vita and the PSTV that can access the same 5 titles plus more.

And the PSTV isn't even that expensive and comes with a DS3 iirc

PSTV got pretty expensive once it got hacked in July. Now they sell for $100 to $150 without a controller nor memory card. Also it was only a few bundles like the Borderlands 2 or Lego Batman that came with a DualShock 3 and a PS Vita 8GB memory card.

On 9/19/2018 at 7:02 AM, suicidalfranco said:

Hhope this means next year or by Christmas period a PS2 Mini/Classic is inbound. That way, hoping someone finds way to side load other games, I can start project PS2P or PSP2 (still undecided with the name)

God I would love a PS2 Classic. I still play my real PS2 a lot (just finished Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne on it a few days ago, incredible game) but would love a smaller one that's not so loud. I don't know why Sony doesn't make one with an ethernet port / wireless antenna and a microSD card slot and then just sell the games on PSN. I'd pay $60 for the hardware and probably at least $100 on games if they were a reasonable price such as $5 to $8 each like Nintendo's Virtual Console games on the Wii U and 3DS.

The other 15 games I'd be like to see would be

1. Final Fantasy IX
  2. Suikoden
  3. Suikoden II
  4. Metal Gear Solid
  5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  6. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment
  7. Revelations: Persona
  8. Silent Hill
  9. Breath of Fire III
  10. Breath of Fire IV
  11. Lunar
  12. Lunar 2
  13. Xenogears
  14. Final Fantasy Tactics
  15. Chrono Cross

I mean I'd love to see Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, but no way they'd be able to license that soundtrack and without the soundtrack that game would feel so incomplete. I don't expect any Spyro games with the remasters coming out in November, plus I'll buy that collection anyways. I do expect one Crash Bandicoot game but wouldn't want one since I can play the remasters at 60 fps on PC.

I doubt we'd get Persona 2 Innocent Sin since AFAIK it was only released in the US on the PSP. Plus the PS1 version has Hitler in it so I don't think that would fly in the US in 2018.  xD

13 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

No

:( awww. 

lol

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

15 hours ago, Arika S said:

Aaaand they are already sold out and are on eBay for 6x their value.

Of course they are. smh

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

On 9/19/2018 at 5:38 AM, iRileyx said:

Does it use actual discs? :o 

Edit - nevermind watched the video.. Open button is to change "virtual disk". I'll save the $100 and just use an emulator then, lol.

At least the Sega Genesis flashback will actually take cartridges in addition to the games saved internally. I would've purchased this if it took the discs, since I still have all of my PS One and PS2 games.

5 minutes ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

Of course they are. smh

15 hours ago, Arika S said:

Aaaand they are already sold out and are on eBay for 6x their value.

I live in the states (not sure about international) And my local Target still has a shelf full of them as of last night when I went to pick up a few things. I'm sure Best Buy, Walmart, and other box stores will have them too.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I mean I'd love to see Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, but no way they'd be able to license that soundtrack and without the soundtrack that game would feel so incomplete.

I agree. How the hell can you play THPS2 without AC/DC ?

8 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Kinda pointless as you can play (almost?) all PS1 Games with HDMI and stuff on Playstation 3...

So a Playstation 2 Mini would have been a better choice because you can't play that with a Sony device with HDMI as the PS3 version that could do that,  are either all dead or loud as hell and very inefficient...

Still have my day 1 PS3, still works perfectly, isn't horrendously loud (could do with opening it and giving it a clean though probably), is inefficient. :)

I can't actually remember if I still have my day 1 original PS though, pretty sure I sold the PS1 & PS2s I had though.

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

At least the Sega Genesis flashback will actually take cartridges in addition to the games saved internally. I would've purchased this if it took the discs, since I still have all of my PS One and PS2 games.

The Genesis Flashback is going to be complete garbage since it will be made by AtGames. Their previous Genesis clones have all had horrendous sound, slow emulation, terrible mushy button controllers, and only composite video out with mono sound.

15 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Here's a better idea for Sony: Give me the whole first-party and second-party titles for about $3-5 dollars each. I'll gladly put down $100 just on the ISO's for those titles that I like. Hell, I'd give you $500 just so I can fill up my PC library with all of the games in my physical PS-era collection that I still own and store in my room. 

If you own the originals just rip de iso's. 

On 19/09/2018 at 9:24 PM, leadeater said:

I'd still have my PS1 if it didn't get stolen, losing all that save data was the worst.

Maaaan, i feel for ya. That sucks real bad =/

I'd cry if that happened to me :(

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

34 minutes ago, Noctus said:

Maaaan, i feel for ya. That sucks real bad =/

I'd cry if that happened to me :(

In a way it was kind of good because I'm sure the laser was starting to die in it, had to do a lot of gardening and lawn mowing to get the extra cash to buy a PS2 to replace it though, It got stolen just as the PS2 came out so I've got the original big boy PS2.

That is not a bad price, hopefully I can +1 of these before they run out. 

On 9/19/2018 at 3:40 AM, Dabombinable said:

I know that my friends won't care. they've still got their original PS1, though 1 needs a new power cord.

I have my smaller PS1 from my childhood and my 8 and 5 year old now play one it.

48 minutes ago, rockking1379 said:

I have my smaller PS1 from my childhood and my 8 and 5 year old now play one it.

Its amazing how long old consoles last compared to current ones isn't it?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

8 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Its amazing how long old consoles last compared to current ones isn't it?

For real! Had to find controllers and now finding games since those got lost over the years. But I’m glad the console it self runs. Do need to clean the power and lid release buttons though. They bind and stick a bit. 

All I care about, is whether or not Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko is included.

Image result for gex 3

I highly doubt it, especially with a lack of analog controllers.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:45 AM, Stefan Payne said:

On 9/20/2018 at 6:47 AM, ARikozuM said:

Holy sh#t. 

Someone at Sony fell off their rocker and actually did something reasonable. 

Playstation Now is what used to be OnLive But it's laggy unresponsive hell to play now.  I tried Last of Us and couldn't shoot a damn thing

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!