Can train manufacturers build railways like this in nowadays?

Guanzo

Possible? Sure.

Practical? Not really. The tracks you'd have to build would be so much more complex and expensive that it wouldn't really make much sense. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It can be done but there isn't a lot of new track being laid so what little new trestle construction nowadays is to replace obsolete structure.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

I'm sure they could but there are 2 very good reasons they never would:

1. it would cost more.  If the train can sit on the track, the track can just be two strips on the ground.  If it has to hang from it, you need a large metal frame which is a lot more material.
  2. It would be incompatible with every existing train, and thus only usable with trains built for it.  Those trains would also not be compatible with any other track.  Considering the point of trains is to move large quantities long distances, the ability to use all existing track instead of just one small area is kind of critical

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

17 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm sure they could but there are 2 very good reasons they never would:

1. it would cost more.  If the train can sit on the track, the track can just be two strips on the ground.  If it has to hang from it, you need a large metal frame which is a lot more material.
  2. It would be incompatible with every existing train, and thus only usable with trains built for it.  Those trains would also not be compatible with any other track.  Considering the point of trains is to move large quantities long distances, the ability to use all existing track instead of just one small area is kind of critical

1. Of course it would cost more but track can't always be laid on the ground due to too steep grade and hills and canyons so trestles have to be used to keep the track grade within limits (generally no more the 1.5% unless pusher locomotives are added and/or extra locomotives are added midtrain to accommodate higher grades). Railroads have been using trestles, including curved ones, for over a hundred years to bridge one high area to another to keep grades acceptable.

2. That is ridiculous. In the U.S., only two railroad gauges have been in common use for over 100 years: Standard Gauge and Narrow Guage. Trestles can be built for any gauge. Narrow gauge can be used on a trestle built to accomodate standard gauge though that was rarely done unless the builders anticipated converting to standard gauge at a later date.

Narrow gauge was almost exclusively used for mining railroad lines in mountainous terrain that was too expensive or impossible to accommodate the wider roadbeds and curves needed for standard gauge. Although there are still some narrow gauge lies in existance, it's rarely used anymore due to bigger and better excavating equipment and explosives that can move far more real estate to accomodate standard gauge than they used to be able to do (many of the old railroad lines were built pretty much by hand and mule power).

Whether a trestle would be built for a new line is determined by the cost of moving enough earth and rock over rough terrain to allow laying track on the ground versus tunneling versus the cost of building a trestle to bridge low areas of a rail route. Tunneling can range from merely expensive to impossible depending on the integrity and hardness of the rock and the length of the tunnel needed.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

31 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

*snip*

I take it you didn't actually watch the video because you've quite substantially missed the point.  I suggest you do or this is going to continue to not make sense.

1. yeah, normal track has to go over bridges and through tunnels and whatever else, but this track would also have to do those things, probably at an increased expense (though potentially only just).  What I'm mainly thinking of are the vast stretches of flat ground trains cover which for normal track is trivial to the frame that would have to be built to hold this hanging train design
  2. Frankly this isn't even worth responding to it's so far off the mark.  Like I said, watch the video.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, Guanzo said:

Starts at 0:30

With today's German engineering and Japan technology. Possible or not? 

Engineers would love to make them. But everyone else will say no. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

9 hours ago, Guanzo said:

Starts at 0:30

With today's German engineering and Japan technology. Possible or not? 

We can barely fund our schools here in Michgian, Plus Detroit is the motor city. Rail is not really an option. I mean for freight it is, but not for passengers. The only rail service offered here is Amtrak, which is subsidized by the federal government. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.