Move LTX 2019/2020 to Florida/Georgia?

EmNem543

Changing location to Florida? All the way from Canada?  Ridiculous.

Why risk hot temperatures and bad weather and going all across US with equipment to make event fun (case toss, all the other stuff they did...)

If anything, it would make more sense to move the location somewhere close to Seattle or Portland... balancing act between convenience/proximity to big place and rent cost of location (i imagine it would be more expensive to rent something in Seattle than a smaller town)

Rent a truck/trailer for a weekend and/or some kind of camper van for LMG people and there's highway all the way. 

US people should be able to buy a plane ticket in advance and get the plane tickets cheap ... I imagine plane tickets bought weeks in advance would be cheap.

Still, would be hassle with customs... and would such event be considered working in US? do they need work visas for a few days? Yes, you may say it's just fan meetup but as soon as you have some kind of sponsor doing an event at the meetup I imagine that would classify as LTT working with sponsor or something like that...

What's the legal way to do something like that...

On 9/24/2018 at 11:54 AM, Stefan Payne said:

-snip-

love your signature!

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:56 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Because flights to Miami is definitely cheap. This is excluding all the hotels, facility rentals, and logistics of shipping all of their equipment from Vancouver to Florida. 

Well, that's in CAD, so flights from anywhere south of New York are roughly the same, maybe $100 cheaper on a good day. But yeah it still makes the most sense for them to keep it close by.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:55 AM, EmNem543 said:

Linus should move LTX 2019-future to the southeast temporarily for everybody else who can't afford to fly/drive to Vancouver.

What about all the people in the Vancouver area?  If you really wanted to go you'd find a way to save up enough money to go.  

On 11/10/2018 at 11:17 AM, mariushm said:

Changing location to Florida? All the way from Canada?  Ridiculous.

Why risk hot temperatures and bad weather and going all across US with equipment to make event fun (case toss, all the other stuff they did...)

If anything, it would make more sense to move the location somewhere close to Seattle or Portland... balancing act between convenience/proximity to big place and rent cost of location (i imagine it would be more expensive to rent something in Seattle than a smaller town)

Rent a truck/trailer for a weekend and/or some kind of camper van for LMG people and there's highway all the way. 

US people should be able to buy a plane ticket in advance and get the plane tickets cheap ... I imagine plane tickets bought weeks in advance would be cheap.

Still, would be hassle with customs... and would such event be considered working in US? do they need work visas for a few days? Yes, you may say it's just fan meetup but as soon as you have some kind of sponsor doing an event at the meetup I imagine that would classify as LTT working with sponsor or something like that...

What's the legal way to do something like that...

It's tough because having the event in Canada obviously works best for us logistically, but it can be a major hassle for both our audience and event partners, most of whom are based in the USA. Hosting the event in Seattle COULD help alleviate some of this, but from the info we've received it actually wouldn't amount to a ton more attendees showing up overall, so we haven't explored it much.

Maybe we'll have our Canadian LTX be the big thing but scale the event back just a tad to make it easier to host in places where the majority of our audience reside (East/West USA, Canada, UK, Australia, India). We'd have to ensure that there are still enough things for everyone to do to make it legitimately fun.

Who knows what the future will hold, all I can say is that 2019 is going to be SICK. I'm sorry if you can't make it (We'll be livestreaming a fair bit more so that will be good), but if you can, it's going to be awesome. For 2019, the event will be in Vancouver, BC, Canada. :) 

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, CPotter said:

It's tough because having the event in Canada obviously works best for us logistically, but it can be a major hassle for both our audience and event partners, most of whom are based in the USA. Hosting the event in Seattle COULD help alleviate some of this, but from the info we've received it actually wouldn't amount to a ton more attendees showing up overall, so we haven't explored it much. 

Maybe we'll have our Canadian LTX be the big thing but scale the event back just a tad to make it easier to host in places where the majority of our audience reside (East/West USA, Canada, UK, Australia, India). We'd have to ensure that there are still enough things for everyone to do to make it legitimately fun.

Who knows what the future will hold, all I can say is that 2019 is going to be SICK. I'm sorry if you can't make it (We'll be livestreaming a fair bit more so that will be good), but if you can, it's going to be awesome. For 2019, the event will be in Vancouver, BC, Canada. :)  

How would import tariffs work for you bringing hardware? Delays for shipping? It seems like so much could go wrong if things don't arrive on time.

Maybe it might be easier to partner with a local youtuber (like TYC or Hardware Unboxed if you went to Aus)

• 7 months later...

LTT is Canadian. It should stay in Canada. 

Why does everything need to be US Centric? Moving the entire thing just to suit the Americans is one of the funniest things I've heard. ?

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, Ross Siggers said:

I live in the UK. I can't eaasily afford to fly to either.

LTX 2019 LONDON BABY YEEAAHHH!!!!!

No!! London has ruined enough things!! LTX 2020 GLASGOW!!! (also yeah they already had 2019)

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Well this thread got bumped the fuck back up...

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

If you live in the US, it's cheaper to fly to Seattle then rent a car and drive up to Vancouver.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 5:30 PM, Inversion said:

London has ruined enough things!!

London Ontario that is ;)

below: get a passport then, then the key is having them allow you to enter the great country of canada eh

2 minutes ago, Randy R said:

Can they host it in Seattle?

I don't have a passport.

2 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

London Ontario that is ;)

below: get a passport then, then the key is having them allow you to enter the great country of canada eh

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 3:55 AM, EmNem543 said:

Linus should move LTX 2019-future to the southeast temporarily for everybody else who can't afford to fly/drive to Vancouver.

I just don’t understand these kinds of recommendations.  What about all the people who live in the Vancouver area?  They would have to fly.  Save your money and buy flights as soon as you can.  

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2018 at 4:38 PM, hedgehogpro said:

Um, no! But it would make sense to move it somewhere more central to the US/Canada, Minnesota (Minneapolis) would probably be the most "logical" spot as it hosts many large events with many large-scale meeting spaces, access directly to the Canadian border, Intl Airport, etc. Just sayin'...

The most logical place is Vancouver due to cost and logistics for LMG.  

On 11/24/2019 at 8:06 PM, Randy R said:

I don't have a passport.

Why don’t you have a passport?  They only cost $100ish

On 11/24/2019 at 2:06 PM, Randy R said:

I don't have a passport.

I'm pretty sure you can get into and home from Canada with just your driver's license and birth certificate. No passport needed.

All the same, you should really have a passport. They're not expensive, and a second form of government-issued photo ID is very useful even if you never leave the country.

*Edit: Wow, what bump, very necro

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

19 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I'm pretty sure you can get into and home from Canada with just your driver's license and birth certificate. No passport needed.

All the same, you should really have a passport. They're not expensive, and a second form of government-issued photo ID is very useful even if you never leave the country.

*Edit: Wow, what bump, very necro

It appears you'll need a Passport Book when traveling by air to and from Canada.  When traversing the border terrestrially you can use a handful of different documents.  And as I understand it -- Canada won't let you enter the country without the proper identification to permit re-entry back into the US.  So one could assume that if they let you in it's because they can let you out.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

On 12/8/2019 at 2:12 PM, BobbyPdue said:

I just don’t understand these kinds of recommendations.  What about all the people who live in the Vancouver area?  They would have to fly.  Save your money and buy flights as soon as you can.  

Holy shit that's some necromancy right there

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

2 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

Holy shit that's some necromancy right there

I hope you see the Irony. 

That comment was made back in December.

Why would they? They are based out BC so it just makes sense to keep it local right? And also If they did it in a obscure part of the U.S. It would have the exact same problem that you are experiencing but just for other people.   

figures

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

On 8/31/2019 at 6:52 PM, Ezzy-525 said:

Moving the entire thing just to suit the Americans is one of the funniest things I've heard. 

Obviously because America is the only country that actually exists, every other country is fake, the people there are all fake

GO AMERICCAAAAA!!!!11!!!!!111!!!

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :)