Another one bites the dust. OnePlus to remove headphone jack from 6T

Bouzoo
7 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Because it's more like an iPhone. I know it sounds stupid, and that's because it is. Practical customers will definitely be driven off, but it also attracts the people who don't like wired headphones and like Apple clones.

Except then it’ll be like most of the Chinese phones out there. They even have a software UX that really resembles the iPhone. Heck. that’s what the Oppo/Vivo phone that the OP6T is based off of basically is.

Sure, you could say the P20 Pro sold well, but that phone had a unique selling point; Its cameras. What does the OnePlus have? Fast performance? A clean build of Android? OnePlus could have taken the opportunity and build a unique selling point like putting in a beefy DAC and amp combo and basically making what’s like a ZTE Axon 7 but with the marketing muscle of OnePlus, it could actually be successful. But they decided to follow trends rather than bucking them. Much like how Huawei cheated on benchmarks because everyone else in China did it.

I just don’t understand what they gained from removing it aside from a few millimeters of extra space. Samsung had headphone jacks on their phones up until now and they didn’t have much of an issue selling. Sure, the S9 wasn’t exactly the best selling phone they had but it wasn’t at all because it had a jack.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I thought OnePlus was supposed to be listening to consumer feedback

And besides, what's one positive with removing the headphone jack?  You cannot charge and play anymore, unless you buy a dongle that'll let you do that.  But I haven't found a dongle that'll also capable of letting the phone use it's fast-charging capabilities.

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)