The fucking smith corona leaf springs ( review )

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

The switch is as scratchy as a rash on your arse

My current code projects

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

• working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

It's about a keyboard switch called as the smith corona leaf springs but more commonly known as possibly the worst fucking keyboard switch to ever exist. 

My current code projects

Current repair projects

And its a review on that specific keyboard switch. I wouldn't even consider it a keyboard switch. It barley even does what it's been manufactured to do. From the 3 keyboards I've ordered with the same switches, all of them were completely dysfunctional as I thought, really it's just a fucking shitty keyboard. It's well beneath any rubber dome fuck waffle and deserves to rot in fucking hell.

My current code projects

Current repair projects

I have became an atheist because of this keyboard switch. God forbid anybody has the logic to say this is actually *cringes* good then god literally doesn't exist. 

My current code projects

Current repair projects

A review is generous, more of a rant. I still have no idea what this switch is like really which is kinda important for a review. Also, why would you buy a second one if the first one was as bad as you say? Why would you think every single switch on the board was dysfunctional? Let alone then going and buying a third

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

2 hours ago, Rupe said:

A review is generous, more of a rant. I still have no idea what this switch is like really which is kinda important for a review. Also, why would you buy a second one if the first one was as bad as you say? Why would you think every single switch on the board was dysfunctional? Let alone then going and buying a third

dude. The switch is in the title. Also the keyboard looked really fucking nice and I had no idea what switches on them they were ( they were cherry mx compatible through some digging ). I found out they were smith corona leaf springs and I looked at reviews and they all pointed out the same thing. "Ahhh the keyboard is so shit" and what not. But no, they weren't passionate enough. That "the keyboard is so shit" didn't fully describe the experience I've had with this absolutely horrendous monstrosity that dwells deep beyond the depths of hell itself. 

My current code projects

Current repair projects

But wasn't the Smith Corona Leaf Springs designed to give you that old I'm typing with this shitty ass type writer feel?

10 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

But wasn't the Smith Corona Leaf Springs designed to give you that old I'm typing with this shitty ass type writer feel?

Nope, its just garbage. I'm pretty sure they made typewriters but they were different switches. Even if they weren't different switches it doesn't change the fact that there garbage.

My current code projects

Current repair projects

20 hours ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

From the 3 keyboards I've ordered with the same switches, all of them were completely dysfunctional

this confirms some ppl really have money to burn

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

this confirms some ppl really have money to burn

Heh, these weren't that expensive mate. First one I got for free. And the 2nd and last I got each for 60 bucks including tax and shipping

My current code projects

Current repair projects

There specialty keyboards that they manufacture ( which keep in mind literally look the fucking same with same switches ) are 140 bucks.  

My current code projects

Current repair projects

I don't spend a whole lot on pc's as much as I do keyboards. 

My current code projects

Current repair projects

On 9/11/2018 at 9:39 AM, RAM555789 said:

shitty ass type writer feel?

Yeah it was meant to give you a shitty ass typing experience.

My current code projects

Current repair projects

35 minutes ago, ramencupofjoy said:

stolen, skip to 11:53

Wording isn't opinon is. If you wish me to take it down I will, it isn't even that relvant and isn't getting much attention anyways, besides I don't want to start an argument. 

My current code projects

Current repair projects

8 hours ago, ramencupofjoy said:

i don't really want to start anything either, haha
just came off as kinda odd to me

Believe me it isn't exactly the same but it is similar in terms of complexity in words. But the actual words themselves are different. I was inspired to make a more passionate review about these switches. I was more specifically inspired by this youtuber to make a more passionate review. And I have tried the switches myself and they are indeed pretty fucking bad. Probably only a word in there was similar, apart from that the majority of it is my own words. 

My current code projects

Current repair projects