World of Tanks - Connection to Server Interrupted

thenlec

For at least the past month my World of Tanks session keeps getting dropped with the message "Connection to server interrupted".  I've opened a support ticket with Wargaming.net and run the PingPlotter trace, sent them logs, tried running as administrator, setup port forwarding on my router as per their instructions, checked my connection with my ISP (Verizon, they say everything is fine).  Nothing works.  I tried changing server from US Central to Latin America, problem persists.  I completely uninstalled the game, deleted cached settings, and reinstalled.  Still no joy.

I'm wondering if anyone else has faced this issue.  What did you do to resolve?

Other games such as World of Warships, Rainbow 6 Siege work fine.

PUBG works but I have to set affinity to single thread when enterring the lobby, then set back to all threads when playing game.  Related issue????

I'm running Ryzen 1700 @ 3.5GHz, 16GB memory, GTX 1070.

Thanks.

My first thoughts/ideas are:

-What antivirus are you running and have you tried disabling it before launching the game, (try the same with windows firewall to be sure)
-Make sure your Network Interface (NIC) drivers are up to date?  Realtek has them easily find-able on their website if that's the unit built-into your motherboard, otherwise see motherboard vendor's website for drivers.  For good measure - go into the device manager for whatever your network adapter is, and make sure the Power Management tab is UNCHECKED for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

-Are you on wireless?  If you can, try hard-wiring your computer as a test, otherwise you could you be dropping packets due to wifi interference 

-In Windows (also is it windows 10?) you want your power mode set to High Performance or Ryzen Balanced (not regular balanced or power save) AMD sets specific settings for Ryzen to make sure
-It may be a stretch, but without knowing more about that Ryzen thread-affinity situation you have with PUBG, you may want to check if your BIOS needs an update?

What did World of Tanks support tell you after looking at the pingplotter trace and other logs you gave them?

I assume you did restart your router after changing port settings before testing.  What model is your Verizon router?  Does it have any weird firewall or security settings enabled?  You might wanna turn them off just to test (and then re-enable if they don't help anything).

Thanks for the great suggestions!

Updated my Intel NIC drivers and set power mode to Ryzen Balanced.

I have a wired connection.

BIOS is current.

Has not helped so far.

I can't remember if I rebooted the router after setting up port forwarding, so will try that again, also disabling antivirus and firewall.

After reviewing PingPlotter logs, Wargaming.net support they told me there was an issue with one hop and that I should contact my ISP.  There were not more specific than that.  I did contact Verizon and they say there is nothing wrong with my connection, however it is very difficult to get past Verizon level 1 support to get a more technical person to help me, so that will have to wait until I have more time to spend sitting on hold with them.

Thank you for the suggestions.

35 minutes ago, thenlec said:

After reviewing PingPlotter logs, Wargaming.net support they told me there was an issue with one hop and that I should contact my ISP.  There were not more specific than that.  I did contact Verizon and they say there is nothing wrong with my connection, however it is very difficult to get past Verizon level 1 support to get a more technical person to help me, so that will have to wait until I have more time to spend sitting on hold with them.

If you can upload that PingPlotter log here I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.  If that bad hop WG Support mentioned indeed happens with a Verizon router, or a path taken from Verizon to  Wargamging's server, than it may be a bad routing path that Verizon is using or a badly configured router on their end.  You are correct that level 1 support would never admit something like that so you have to put on your SysAdmin hat and be prepared to drop big words on them and demand a level 3 tech who understands what you found out and what the PingPlotter results are.

Along that line of thinking: anther way to test this theory for good is to get your computer on another internet source:  I know it's not super easy but try testing the game while tethering a mobile phone and using its internet (hopefully not Verizon also).  I know the latency won't be great, but if you do than play low tier haha, wouldn't want to play a Tier 8-10 match.  Otherwise if you have the option, take the PC to a friend/relative's house and try it on their internet?  Make it into a LAN party (lol)?  If you can confirm the issue only happens using your Verizon internet at home, than you can wave that fact at Verizon support as well and demand to get answers as to why their service sucks @ World of Tanks while an AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint mobile connection doesn't.  They should be compelled to admit there's a better chance it's their fault with stuff like that.

• 2 years later...

YOYO , i have same problem , wot support cant help me its like typing with bots

WOTa.jpg