Twitter has finally banned Alex Jones & Infowars

Master Disaster
Message added by Crunchy Dragon

Quick reminder to keep this civil and non-political

4 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Most news outlets in the US are owned by entertainment companies though.

I know that, but it doesn't matter who owns them. If it's not govt owned, obviously a person or corporation owns them. They still register as news. For example, Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post. That doesn't mean they're registered as a retail company.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

If you have to resort to mockery and comedy in an attempt appear correct, you've already "lost".

Yup xD

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Sure...

FT_18_09.05_FacebookRelationship_younger-users-privacy-settings.png.33d469911a1527c1be5f77df88952756.png

Damn millennials screwing up the world.

(Yes I understand this isnt an exact equivalence, but like common... special snowflake behavior right here.)

I'm sorry you don't understand the entire social media industry and think that the recent facebook scandal means that youtube, apple, spotify, twitter, and every other fucking platform on earth is not targeting millenials or younger

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

No they banned him because the blowback from ignoring his obvious ToS violations was simply not worth it to them any more. You think alex jones wasnt getting reported back then too? This is why you think they need a defense, because you are attacking them. The bottom lines is he violated ToS many times, they ignored it for years and eventually decided to stop ignoring it. They could have banned without even if they didnt have a ToS, you dont get to regulate a company listening to their userbase

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Because it wasn't about politics!  It wasn't about his views!  It was because he physically and verbally harassed a senator.  You read the OP, right?

So tell me, both of you, how it's okay for them to not ban a college professor who made headlines for calling for white genocide.

I'd love to see your continued mental gymnastics. Personally I think none of you can see past your dislike of Jones. 

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

Lol the guys going through court for having a theory ...land of the free indeed ..hahaha..

I don't have issue with a company like twitter choosing what poeple say and who says it. Its there bloody platform, their rules.

however,

When they try to paint it as some righteous decision for the good of everyone, thats where it rubs me the wrong way. 'hate speach' ..thats a matter of opinion,,, not fact ..opinion. tell it like it is or dont at all, throwing around opinion like its fact does nobody anygood.

I dont agree with the guy, think he's nuts, but i hate the arrogance of the 'average joe' who seems to think their thoughts on right and wrong, regardless of how many others agree or not, are 'fact' rather than opinion.  Right and wrong, good and evil ,, points of view, opinion not fact.

If som1 comes up to me and says " i think murder is perfectly fine, its not evil" .ill take that as that persons opinion, and disagree saying .."my opinion is its wrong". i wont say " your crazy its wrong, it just is, fact, end of discussion" ..thats arrogance at its finest.

This .. is my opinion.

Worth pointing out that hate speech is protected by freedom of speech, even if it is heinous.

Just now, S w a t s o n said:

I'm sorry you don't understand the entire social media industry and think that the recent facebook scandal means that youtube, apple, spotify, twitter, and every other fucking platform on earth is not targeting millenials or younger

Lol every advertising platform on the planet tries to target young people. It's literally marketing 101.

Also see the () from the quote. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Some people don't like to read the OP.  They rather just get into political debates.  The literal reason he got banned was using their platform to promote his in-person physical and verbal harassment of Marco Rubio!

He was using their platform to promote it.

Again, they waited for him to do something that they could legit ban him for. Even though the person calling for white genocide is actually breaking a law in doing so, they do nothing. 

Both technically broke the law, they only punish the one they don't like. That's the fucking point here.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

So tell me, both of you, how it's okay for them to not ban a college professor who made headlines for calling for white genocide.

I'd love to see your continued mental gymnastics. Personally I think none of you can see past your dislike of Jones. 

There's no mental gymnastics here friendo, you keep mentioning that one professor as if MILLIONS OF PEOPLE dont also violate ToS and get away with it, even when they are famous (ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE FAMOUS). We both know the jones supporters are just circlejerking that one case as if it's special.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Worth pointing out that hate speech is protected by freedom of speech, even if it is heinous.

As you probably know... it isn't as soon as it infringes on the rights of others. But that grey line is rather wavy and hard to see. Just a side comment.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, S w a t s o n said:

There's no mental gymnastics here friendo, you keep mentioning that one professor as if MILLIONS OF PEOPLE dont also violate ToS and get away with it, even when they are famous (ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE FAMOUS). We both know the jones supporters are just circlejerking that one case as if it's special.

By all means, continue proving my fucking point. They continue to ignore the other people violating the TOS, but make an exception for this one person.

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

As you probably know... it isn't as soon as it infringes on the rights of others. But that grey line is rather wavy and hard to see. Just a side comment.

I indeed know that, but thanks for pointing it out anyways.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Um, nope that's not what happened.  I get you wanna make this overly political over the fear you mentioned, but that's not even remotely close to what happened.  I already told you what happened as did the OP.  But, please...go on...

Please see S W A T S O N's last post. Making my point for me.