Replacing black case/Mobo parts/cables with white & UK suppliers

Pyrii

Since I'm planning an all-white build (Or as much as I can handle) I'm looking for stuff like White power plugs, white SATA/etc cables, and an vinyl textured decal (Rather than finding some glass and etching it) and resources for getting it cut.

I asadly don't know too many resources in the UK, I already tried looking for custom case makers, but only found server chassis makers. I've only found US suppliers for some of the parts I'm looking for and the colour between their stock varies from cool white to... yellow. So would really apreciate if people knew of some good suppliers/resources in the UK for custom work. I'd like to try and do as much myself as possible, hoping to do as much as I can myself.

21 hours ago, James Evens said:

mouser and digikey? goto electronic forums. They have threads where they collect orders until the total reaches 50€ to reduce shipping cost. The downsides if you are not active there you don't know those guys.

Other option is to look at the other side of the globe. For example LCSC is one source.

Since it is abs you could try retrobrightning (never tried this to remove ink) or dying the abs (closes to white will be beneficial).

For the vinyl if it is a flat surface and you never want to remove it go with cheap china vinyl. If it is more serious buy from a authorized reseller. 3m, hexis and vvivid are just some of the brands you can use.

The largest problem you will runinto is not matching white tones. White is more difficult then black builds.

Thanks, lots of good info, I'm thinking of using the Phanteks Primo White, but might want to mod the black parts to white with white fittings, replacing black screws with silver etc. I'm planning to watercool it with a light/pastel pink dye (so fancy cooling) so the white will help that pop.

And yeah, manufacturers seem to differ on what "white" is, even the phanteks Primo is dual-toned. 

Do you have any links? I'm wary of googling such generic names and getting the wrong place.

On 06/09/2018 at 2:20 PM, Pyrii said:

Since I'm planning an all-white build (Or as much as I can handle) I'm looking for stuff like White power plugs, white SATA/etc cables, and an vinyl textured decal (Rather than finding some glass and etching it) and resources for getting it cut.

I asadly don't know too many resources in the UK, I already tried looking for custom case makers, but only found server chassis makers. I've only found US suppliers for some of the parts I'm looking for and the colour between their stock varies from cool white to... yellow. So would really apreciate if people knew of some good suppliers/resources in the UK for custom work. I'd like to try and do as much myself as possible, hoping to do as much as I can myself.

If you want to purchase connectors yourself and sleeve cables places like Pexon customs has supplies and options for ordering sleeved cables, similar with Shak mods.

I did initially think of ordering some cablemod cables and then replacing the connectors. But I imagine import fees would be hellish.

26 minutes ago, Pyrii said:

I did initially think of ordering some cablemod cables and then replacing the connectors. But I imagine import fees would be hellish.

Cable mod does have an EU store, maybe @CableMod is able to create a custom order with white connectors?

https://eustore.cablemod.com/

We do cover VAT/Import on EU orders from the EU store, however we don't have white connectors at this time.

Ah, I guess I only ever get directed to the US store from Tech places so I didn't know there was an EU store. Thanks @CableMod and @W-L

When googling I only found https://mod-one.com/connectors/ and their connectors seem to different in tones, and some are a bit translucent, and I'm not sure on compatibility. But they are pretty cheap.