Can I use eGPU if my laptop has a Quadro?

PKLee

Hi, I have a Dell Precision workstation which has a Quadro P600. It's not quite powerful for gaming so I'm thinking about buying an eGPU and using a desktop GTX 1070 or something like that.

My question is, can I install both Quadro driver and Geforce drive on my laptop at the same time?

1 minute ago, wojtepanik said:

how do you want to connect it ?

Thunderbolt

Just now, PKLee said:

Thunderbolt

there should be no problem. just instal geforce experience, it should handle that

9 minutes ago, PKLee said:

can I install both Quadro driver and Geforce drive on my laptop at the same time

It should not matter, the driver will just find the suitable cards for each other. Besides the P600 and the 1070 are not even the same GPU core underneath, so there should not be any conflict.

1 minute ago, EthanCoow said:

It should not matter, the driver will just find the suitable cards for each other. Besides the P600 and the 1070 are not even the same GPU core underneath, so there should not be any conflict.

I've seen people claiming Geforce cards not being able to run when Quadro driver is installed, that's my concern

3 minutes ago, PKLee said:

I've seen people claiming Geforce cards not being able to run when Quadro driver is installed, that's my concern

Ok. Sorry I didn't know that. I've seen systems with both quadro and geforce working, as long as they are in the same generation, which the p600 and 1070 should be. 

1 minute ago, EthanCoow said:

Ok. Sorry I didn't know that. I've seen systems with both quadro and geforce working, as long as they are in the same generation, which the p600 and 1070 should be. 

Okay thank you for that information anyway