Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is a 650 Watt PSU enough for this system?

Go to solution Solved by seon123,

A good 500-550W is plenty. Currently, the best SFX PSU is the SF600 Platinum. It's quieter, performs better, and should cost roughly the same as the Revolution SFX. 

Hello,

is a 650 watt PSU enough for running a Zotac gtx 1080ti, a ryzen 5 2600x, 16 GB of RAM (2833 MHz speed I think) and an AiO with 2 fans (Alphacool eisbaer LT 240)? I'm limited to 650 Watts because I'm gonna build my PC in the Louqe Ghost S1 which is an SFF Case and it only fits SFF PSU's. My PSU of choice would be the Enermax revolution SFF 650 Watt .

1 minute ago, VinzHD said:

Hello,

is a 650 watt PSU enough for running a Zotac gtx 1080ti, a ryzen 5 2600x, 16 GB of RAM (2833 MHz speed I think) and an AiO with 2 fans (Alphacool eisbaer LT 240)? I'm limited to 650 Watts because I'm gonna build my PC in the Louqe Ghost S1 which is an SFF Case and it only fits SFF PSU's. My PSU of choice would be the Enermax revolution SFF 650 Watt .

Should be just fine.

A good 500-550W is plenty. Currently, the best SFX PSU is the SF600 Platinum. It's quieter, performs better, and should cost roughly the same as the Revolution SFX. 

:)

Absolutely fine, even overclocked.

i5-8600k delidded + Conductonaut - msi Z370-A Pro - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 2x8GB - be quiet Dark Rock 3 - Zotac GTX 1070 mini
Meh.

I've seen a 1800x and 1080 (not sure if it's ti) running off a 500w PSU before...

it should be fine

It's enough.

While that Zotac is possibly very power hungry stock 2600X isn't that hungry in gaming.

But card dumping 300W of heat inside case likely doesn't do that well in such tiny case...