Can i somehow run my Fans from my AiO at 0%?

Hello,

I wondered if I can somehow let my fans run at 0% (my AiO is an Alphacool Eisbaer LT 240)? I like silent PC's and if I could run Fans at that speed it would be perfect. So has anyone some Ideas (except disconnecting the fan connector xD)?

7 minutes ago, VinzHD said:

Hello,

I wondered if I can somehow let my fans run at 0% (my AiO is an Alphacool Eisbaer LT 240)? I like silent PC's and if I could run Fans at that speed it would be perfect. So has anyone some Ideas (except disconnecting the fan connector xD)?

You can adjust the fan speed settings in the bios. Just set a fan curve for the fans to not spin when not under load.

5 minutes ago, EthanCoow said:

You can adjust the fan speed settings in the bios. Just set a fan curve for the fans to not spin when not under load.

I never got the fan speed below 25% in the ASUS BIOS. 

4 minutes ago, VinzHD said:

I never got the fan speed below 25% in the ASUS BIOS. 

Might be the bios limiting the fans from going any lower than some speed.

4 hours ago, EthanCoow said:

Might be the bios limiting the fans from going any lower than some speed.

i think this might be related to minimum input for spin up as well.  

maybe just put it on a fan controller?  or am i the only person that still use's those since 5.25 bays are a 'thing of the past'

Heh, this will probably not help you, but I have hacked my Asus AI Suite II to allow fan speeds 0-100% :)

Normally it only allows min 20% on the cpu and 40% on other fans, if I remember correctly.

I bypassed the low speed threshold etc functions in the FANXpert.dll by modifying the code... With this I can even set inverse fan curves or whatever I like:

image.png.add192de7eaa7a488bd37cfdfad1141c.png

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Install the suite. Put the fans on a channel and not cpu. Check the box to allow fab stop. Set spin up and down times to what ever. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

In the windows power options you could try setting the "cooling policy" to passive instead of active.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, Tam3n said:

Heh, this will probably not help you, but I have hacked my Asus AI Suite II to allow fan speeds 0-100% :)

-

In AI Suite III There is an checkbox for "Auto-Fan Stop" which natively lets you go to 0%.