Tesla to unveil 'surprise' new car NEXT WEEK

The_Tron
1 hour ago, Motifator said:

Continue showing lack of knowledge should you? What makes you think Tesla had "no choice other than to start with the expensive" ? Because Musk told you so or something? When the S was the only car they were making and selling, they were selling the cars WITH LOSS. Now tell me, was this a wise decision after the Roadster, which was a mock-up of an EV? NOPE. Do you seriously think Tesla actually invented the electric car or something? They only built a high end electric sedan, that's all they did. The U.S military had big anti-mine ships that could go on electric 15 years ago before Tesla built their cars. Electric vehicles that are far superior, and complex. GM made an EV coupe in the 90's, but it was left behind because of oil companies. You're the one who needs to educate himself, pal.

GM always wanted EVs to fail... threw threw the EV1 together half baked, they back then like now are being forced to go into the EV market, but unlike back then Tesla is forcing them to do shit right. (learn, please learn, it wasn't GM that backed down initially, IT WAS THE CALIFORNIA GOV!)

Ok, you start a company create a few thousand units of high end EV cars which at the time cost prob 50K to make, then being as smart as you clearly are, start producing a car that can go 300 miles on a single charge for $25,000 in a mass production setting. I'll sit back and eat popcorn while you fail hilarious. Tesla doesn't have to tell me jack shit, logically thinking if you have a product that can be sold to customers at a higher price you freaking do it. Are people still buying the Tesla Model 3 even tho the $35,000 version is currently unavailable? YES! What hindered Teslas bottom line the most? Not being able to output what Musk has promised.

Equally you are wrong they don't only build high end EVs they also hold numerous patents making those vehicles practical. So while no they didn't make EV cars (you think I'm that stupid? EVs have been on this planet longer than the ICE vehicles) you could technically go out buy 7,100 18650 batteries (at about $4-7 a piece) a good motor (likely 8-15K) or a forklift one, strip a donor car and turn it into a EV.

shaky while accelerating

Sounds like who ever owned it might not have gone in for warranty repairs...

https://www.cars.com/recalls/tesla-roadster/ The bolt issues where on the Lotus as well.

the guts taken out

You're wrong the guts were never put in, it's something magical called a rolling chassis (or in this case a glider version, which basically has no engine etc)

is absurd. Those Infiniti's on second hand dealers with low mileage are Sunday cars, that's how you get 45k kms out of a 09 car.

Yes, it was absurd, but once again it could happen and like I stated it likely won't. However I sure as hell wouldn't want a car used by someone with a lead foot...

Sunday drivers have their own issues, including the fact they lack being driven, I'd buy a car from Japan that's 15 years old before I would trust something locally 10 years old with similar mileage. For one simple reason weather and morals of local people and care of a vehicle they classify as a sunday driven car. I see these cars occasionally show up over half of them are sold as is.

Now if you live in a climate that salty air or harsh winters don't mess with your vehicles it's likely different for you, but here I would never touch a car that's a sunday driver and nearly 10 years old.

Of course the Panasonic batteries are expensive and so is the electric motor, but you can't say "it should never die", it can die. It can explode. You said the ICE can explode, I was trying to say an EV could as well. That's the point.

Yea... except Panasonic batteries are being made on premises therefore Tesla only uses their name and techniques and likely only pays out royalties. Also electric motors can die the number that do under normal use and maintenance however? Where I worked in the past had a motor that was over 40 years old, they thought it died... Did it? Nope, it was a fuse that everyone failed to check. That motor got abused, so yes they can die but unless you put more juice in it than it can handle or let it sit in the elements w/o protection (which all modern cars have) they have a theoretical life of infinite.

Plus EVs can explode but how many actually catch fire w/o a external source being the ignition source? ICE vehicles in that sense are more hazardous to your health. Every time you get into a accident in a ICE vehicle where you have combustible sources in front and behind if punctured you can explode (not likely however), hell even a leak can blow up. In a EV however? so long you don't have instant thermal runaway or a puncture that causes a instant failure in safety protection (imagine smashing a lithium battery between 2 heavy sources at 50mph w/o protection), as long as you are not trapped in said vehicle you should live before it goes up in flames.

Q50 being named under Skyline is funny of you, it is but either you didn't do your research or you're trolling... Q50 is NOT the same car as a GT-R. People think of the latter when somebody says "Skyline". Then the cooled seats... they are not the same as heated seats, and I suppose you never left your car under burning sun... did I mention the reliability of a 45k kilometer G37? Do you think it's going to explode at that point? You'll use it for a few years and easily sell it at 80k or whatever. It got a mature engine and doesn't suffer from POOR ICE car issues.

Wow, just wow... I SAID IN JAPAN... you know the tiny little country? Not everywhere in the world only knows of a skyline based on a 2 door layout... wow, just wow...

Here, seriously educate yourself...

https://www3.nissan.co.jp/vehicles/new/skyline.html Hmmm looks odly like a Q50 now doesn't it? Yet called a Nissan skyline :o

Umm, I've never had cars parked in a garage or shade, I know full well about hot cars, however there is one old school trick that works every time... DON'T SIT IN THE CAR THE SECOND YOU OPEN IT. Seriously even tho this doesn't fix a hot seat if you leave the door open for 30 seconds before you attempt to go in it works wonders.

As for the 45K on a car, that means nothing. Someone can easily put 100K on a car in one year, but it will last 10 more years (and one engine likely). Like I said in the same post you quoted it's not just the amount it's gone, there is so much more that goes into a reliable car. The car sitting in my driveway is 14 Model years (I think nearing 14 years old now based on production date) with over 130,000KM it got sat on and pushed by a MKX still runs like a dream (more or less since winter), it was a rental car for 1 year so it was basically brand new.

So for used cars it depends one a lot of variables and not just milage.

2 hours ago, Motifator said:

Finally, Donald Trump is only a president. Putting the blame of every American product on him is ludicrous. Musk is a BIGTOOL and I do NOT WANT to condone his products anymore. You can keep sucking on his words for all you like but he gets enough hate for valid reasons.

Not really, he hates the world, he wants nothing to do with the world, he wants the world to buy from his nation only and never ship into it. My question is to you if he succeeds (unlikely) in doing this how much will your country be affected? I'm not just referring to exporting to the USA, but exporting to other countries as well because w/o importing to the USA those countries might not need so much of your countries products therefore your country will produce less of that product which could make you lose your job.

Just because you can decide to not patronize one company because of a over eccentric ego minded person, then decide I'm going to patronize this american company instead when the president is equally as bad still makes you a hypocrite.

Plus, you are stupidly deciding to not buy a vehicle that could be a 15+ year car nearly 0 maintenance for half the cost of 2 cars during the same period because the CEO is kind of a ass? What does that make you look like? The issue is Tesla currently has the best EVs on the market, I think they promise 70% battery life at 100,000km (or miles I forget I think miles) for the model 3, they have some of the longest ranges, largest charging networks, and if some stupid shit happens they hit the news, and thanks to that a fix is likely done faster than any other automobile company.

Then there is always this:

I personally would love to see more competition for the EV market, but because laws for banning ICE vehicles are going to take so long, Tesla will become a household name. It's already got its hands on the $70-100K price range market with some of the fastest cars as well... You dreams of buying a cheap used Tesla for $15K might be a reality in 10 years, long before any major country puts a ban in effect.

6 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

what are you 16? "hey guys look I can waste fuel and make dirty ass clouds that annoy others around me!"

When I hear about assholes rolling coal on hybrids because they think they're getting back at them or something I just cringe

Edit: Oh you're not 16 just from Canadian Texas, carry on then

I can't say that I have rolled coal on someone. The exhaust on my truck is 2 stacks coming out near the bed so I couldn't even if I tried. It's also primarily used away from people as it my truck for hitting the mud.

I also have very fuel efficient 2014 mazda 3 as a daily. As well as 2002 Fairlady Z from Japan that I'm currently building into a drift slut.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

27 minutes ago, trag1c said:

I can't say that I have rolled coal on someone. The exhaust on my truck is 2 stacks coming out near the bed so I couldn't even if I tried. It's also primarily used away from people as it my truck for hitting the mud.

I also have very fuel efficient 2014 mazda 3 as a daily. As well as 2002 Fairlady Z from Japan that I'm currently building into a drift slut.

alright fair enough, mazda 6 here. jelly about the fairlady. I've wanted a 350z since I played nfs underground, and a drift car since probably around then too

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

7 hours ago, Drak3 said:

The 2018 RAM 1500 has options for hybrids.

Ah, I think I heard about that.  The RAMs are nice, but not looking for a truck that big.  Reason I went with a Taco (plus, all those aftermarket parts for them are very nice).  Still, it is good that more of the truck makers are bringing hybrids to the market.  That torque will be very nice on a truck.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

6 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

GM always wanted EVs to fail... threw threw the EV1 together half baked, they back then like now are being forced to go into the EV market, but unlike back then Tesla is forcing them to do shit right. (learn, please learn, it wasn't GM that backed down initially, IT WAS THE CALIFORNIA GOV!)

Ok, you start a company create a few thousand units of high end EV cars which at the time cost prob 50K to make, then being as smart as you clearly are, start producing a car that can go 300 miles on a single charge for $25,000 in a mass production setting. I'll sit back and eat popcorn while you fail hilarious. Tesla doesn't have to tell me jack shit, logically thinking if you have a product that can be sold to customers at a higher price you freaking do it. Are people still buying the Tesla Model 3 even tho the $35,000 version is currently unavailable? YES! What hindered Teslas bottom line the most? Not being able to output what Musk has promised.

Equally you are wrong they don't only build high end EVs they also hold numerous patents making those vehicles practical. So while no they didn't make EV cars (you think I'm that stupid? EVs have been on this planet longer than the ICE vehicles) you could technically go out buy 7,100 18650 batteries (at about $4-7 a piece) a good motor (likely 8-15K) or a forklift one, strip a donor car and turn it into a EV.

Sounds like who ever owned it might not have gone in for warranty repairs...

https://www.cars.com/recalls/tesla-roadster/ The bolt issues where on the Lotus as well.

You're wrong the guts were never put in, it's something magical called a rolling chassis (or in this case a glider version, which basically has no engine etc)

Yes, it was absurd, but once again it could happen and like I stated it likely won't. However I sure as hell wouldn't want a car used by someone with a lead foot...

Sunday drivers have their own issues, including the fact they lack being driven, I'd buy a car from Japan that's 15 years old before I would trust something locally 10 years old with similar mileage. For one simple reason weather and morals of local people and care of a vehicle they classify as a sunday driven car. I see these cars occasionally show up over half of them are sold as is.

Now if you live in a climate that salty air or harsh winters don't mess with your vehicles it's likely different for you, but here I would never touch a car that's a sunday driver and nearly 10 years old.

Yea... except Panasonic batteries are being made on premises therefore Tesla only uses their name and techniques and likely only pays out royalties. Also electric motors can die the number that do under normal use and maintenance however? Where I worked in the past had a motor that was over 40 years old, they thought it died... Did it? Nope, it was a fuse that everyone failed to check. That motor got abused, so yes they can die but unless you put more juice in it than it can handle or let it sit in the elements w/o protection (which all modern cars have) they have a theoretical life of infinite.

Plus EVs can explode but how many actually catch fire w/o a external source being the ignition source? ICE vehicles in that sense are more hazardous to your health. Every time you get into a accident in a ICE vehicle where you have combustible sources in front and behind if punctured you can explode (not likely however), hell even a leak can blow up. In a EV however? so long you don't have instant thermal runaway or a puncture that causes a instant failure in safety protection (imagine smashing a lithium battery between 2 heavy sources at 50mph w/o protection), as long as you are not trapped in said vehicle you should live before it goes up in flames.

Wow, just wow... I SAID IN JAPAN... you know the tiny little country? Not everywhere in the world only knows of a skyline based on a 2 door layout... wow, just wow...

Here, seriously educate yourself...

https://www3.nissan.co.jp/vehicles/new/skyline.html Hmmm looks odly like a Q50 now doesn't it? Yet called a Nissan skyline :o

Umm, I've never had cars parked in a garage or shade, I know full well about hot cars, however there is one old school trick that works every time... DON'T SIT IN THE CAR THE SECOND YOU OPEN IT. Seriously even tho this doesn't fix a hot seat if you leave the door open for 30 seconds before you attempt to go in it works wonders.

As for the 45K on a car, that means nothing. Someone can easily put 100K on a car in one year, but it will last 10 more years (and one engine likely). Like I said in the same post you quoted it's not just the amount it's gone, there is so much more that goes into a reliable car. The car sitting in my driveway is 14 Model years (I think nearing 14 years old now based on production date) with over 130,000KM it got sat on and pushed by a MKX still runs like a dream (more or less since winter), it was a rental car for 1 year so it was basically brand new.

So for used cars it depends one a lot of variables and not just milage.

Not really, he hates the world, he wants nothing to do with the world, he wants the world to buy from his nation only and never ship into it. My question is to you if he succeeds (unlikely) in doing this how much will your country be affected? I'm not just referring to exporting to the USA, but exporting to other countries as well because w/o importing to the USA those countries might not need so much of your countries products therefore your country will produce less of that product which could make you lose your job.

Just because you can decide to not patronize one company because of a over eccentric ego minded person, then decide I'm going to patronize this american company instead when the president is equally as bad still makes you a hypocrite.

Plus, you are stupidly deciding to not buy a vehicle that could be a 15+ year car nearly 0 maintenance for half the cost of 2 cars during the same period because the CEO is kind of a ass? What does that make you look like? The issue is Tesla currently has the best EVs on the market, I think they promise 70% battery life at 100,000km (or miles I forget I think miles) for the model 3, they have some of the longest ranges, largest charging networks, and if some stupid shit happens they hit the news, and thanks to that a fix is likely done faster than any other automobile company.

Then there is always this:

I personally would love to see more competition for the EV market, but because laws for banning ICE vehicles are going to take so long, Tesla will become a household name. It's already got its hands on the $70-100K price range market with some of the fastest cars as well... You dreams of buying a cheap used Tesla for $15K might be a reality in 10 years, long before any major country puts a ban in effect.

Learn what? I talked about the OIL COMPANIES. GM has always been collaborated with them, and they wanted their EV gone so they called back the EVs and junkyard'ed them.

You're clearly sucking on Musk's words. You know why? They have YET to make the $25k car. Their $35k car deliveries are not even CLOSE to being up there in rate (I mean who wants to wait 7 months on a car?) and of course you chose to NOT talk about the quality issues regarding the S and the 3. All Tesla did was to create ONE EV (the others many don't care about) that was sold in the second hand market around $35k AT THE LOWEST to $45k. That is, IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES. Got it? All the people in 3rd world countries pretty much aren't going to buy a Tesla unless they're rich as hell, because the Dollar or Euro to X currency rates or just importing the car alone makes it WAY more expensive than options like the G37.

That Roadster was a 2010, it has nothing to do with "issues". It came out of factory as an unreliably accelerating car because of all that G-force going into a chassis that can barely cope in with such power. Educate yourself on the cars you praise, you have probably never even been in a Tesla. You just suck on Elon Musk, who is a massive dork.

Yes, it's unlikely for electric motors to die. I was more of talking about batteries, which DO die cycle by cycle, leaving you with less range over the time. This of course is dependent on various factors, I'm just talking in general about it... and of course there is more of a chance of ICE catching up on fire, but modern ICE, especially high end ones like Infiniti don't do that often at all. IIHS crash tests also show very good results on the Q50 while the non-facelift, older versions of the S are shit on the small overlap, and the Roadster pretty much invites you to death when you nail it.

In Japan, yes. But MOST the people on this forum DO NOT live in Japan. Why are we talking about Q50 BEING NAMED Skyline? That is just stupid. Literally anybody and everybody I've ever seen calls the thing a Q50... WOW indeed. Talk about education.

Seems like you DON'T KNOW SHIT about hot cars. On trips when sun hits the seat with non-perforated seats GOOD LUCK having your ass burned. Whether they're leather or not, nothing will help that case other than cooled seats or just a seat cover with a fan on it...

The G37 runs like dream at 130k kilometers as well. It's known to be a reliable car with no obvious issues. I don't think you know anything about these cars at all other than Googling stuff, which goes in line with "I have never parked a car under the sun yet I'm a car person". I mean WTF... how ironic.

Then what about the example of a G37 going at 150 km consistently on a track for 5 hours for prolonged periods before going to the dealer... and Ford EVs? LOL, you obviously understand nothing about cars.

Lastly, you talked about things related to Trump which I don't know how are related to American products NOT made by Trump. Pathetic.

7 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

alright fair enough, mazda 6 here. jelly about the fairlady. I've wanted a 350z since I played nfs underground, and a drift car since probably around then too

Ya they're pretty wicked cars especially the late models with the VQ35HR motor. I got a stage 3 engine rebuild kit on its way for the motor. With L19 headstuds, shortened carillo super A rods for 8.8:1 compression ratio , cometic head gasket. Just have to find a good crankshaft and the motor will be good to 1000+ whp. Then just need to get some supporting mods, a couple turbos, and then...

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

TRON BIKE!!!! Hell yeah boiii

Most likely its a car they cant produce anyway = available 2020....

The most logical answer would be a crossover, the model Y, as it will likely be based on the 3's platform and share a lot of parts. But this is Tesla and logical isn't their strong point, so a hovercraft with gull-wing doors and a flamethrower?

18 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

10 hours ago, Motifator said:

Educate yourself on the cars you praise, you have probably never even been in a Tesla. You just suck on Elon Musk, who is a massive dork.

10254049.jpg