Tesla to unveil 'surprise' new car NEXT WEEK

The_Tron

That'll be sexy then. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

14 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Not happening.

Granted not 300 miles but...

Truth be told Tesla's Model X has a 5,000LB towing capacity. and depending on the truck you get it's (Model X) very close to it. Plus Tesla is working on a semi so it is 100% plausible. I would assume you might lose some hauling ability, but knowing Tesla, they'll pull some dark magic out of their anus...

QR: https://www.gmc.com/trailering-towing/towing-charts

17 hours ago, The_Tron said:

However, the most likely car to launch is the Roadster

Sorry but they already announced it...

It's likely Model Y

And it will be S3XY xD

15 hours ago, Velcade said:

I'd like to see a Tesla Pickup Truck.  300mile range with the towing capacity of a dirty diesel.

Honestly if its a pickup truck I'd gladly trade mine in for one

College student getting his Information Systems Degree, Furry, Gamer, Amateur Poet

Luna

Intel Core i9 7940x, Custom Water Loop, EVGA x299 Micro, 4x8 GB kit of Gskill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3000, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti, 3 Tb's of SSD storage, 5TB HDD, 850 Watt EVGA Supernova g3, all inside a black and purple r1 from Parvum Systems

Laptops:

Anubis: Powerspec 1510 (sager NP8157)

Lucario: Razer Blade Stealth v4 (base model) this is my daily driver

3 minutes ago, Shodapop98 said:

Honestly if its a pickup truck I'd gladly trade mine in for one

I wouldn't. Rolling coal in a Cummins or a dirtymax is way to much fun.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

11 hours ago, Elon Musk said:

I assure you we hit the model 3 deadline, and it is fully stable. Part of being so popular and such a revolutionary thinker is the media will try to find flaws with everything I do.

What was the flamethrower doing with you again?

About time Tesla made cars that could compete with a G37 on the used market at a price / performance level. Car people will then be truly interested in your cars, because not everybody can afford an over-40k used car.

17 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i kinda want it to be a pickup truck. that would be pretty damn cool tbh. not a huge fan of the ones out there now but i could dig an electric one for sure

Yeah, I recall they teased one.  But since then, I got tired of waiting and bought a Taco.

Biggest thing to me is if aftermarket changes to suspension and off roading would be allowed.  If not, then a good bit of my interest goes out the window.

Heck, I'm been keeping an eye out to see how that hybrid F-150 going to be once that drops in 2020.  Though, the Bollinger's electric trucky (B1) is a smexy offroading piece of hardware.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 minutes ago, Motifator said:

About time Tesla made cars that could compete with a G37 on the used market at a price / performance level. Car people will then be truly interested in your cars, because not everybody can afford an over-40k used car.

1st you realize that person is a impersonator right?

2nd you can own a $40K used electric car if you're in the market for a gas vehicle worth 35K (possibly even 30K), which is the average new car cost in the USA.

People are used to spending upwards to hundreds in gas a month, so they think they will pay hundreds in hydro as well, and this is so far from the truth... Even the new Roadsters 200KwH battery at 15 cents would only cost $30 per charge, a typical car costs $30 in Canada for about 350 km, the tesla goes up to 1000 km per charge.

Infiniti G37 does not exist anymore new so I went based off of the Q50 which the base model (cheapest in the fleet) is about 35K USD, but being a prick (it's midnight) I'm doing it in KM/L xD

Base: 35,200

km/l: 10.7(C)/8.6(H) L/100km

Gas prices: 1.30L (more in some parts of canada)

500km of city driving cost: $69.55

500km of highway driving cost: $55.90

Tesla Model 3
Base: 49,000

km/l: 500 km range approx (prob more in city thanks to regenerative braking)

Cost of driving 500km(assuming 15 cents, 75KwH battery): $11.25

Let's say you drive that every week(50km each way 5 days a week), this means every year the Model 3 would save you in about $2341.80 - $3051.60 in gas, assuming a 5 year ownership no gas price changes etc, that's roughly 10-15 thousand making the Model 3 no cheaper than a gas car from Infiniti that you can buy today. But wait assuming nothing major happens that would cost you money for the Model 3 there is the factor of 1 tuneup (at 100K) and oil maintenance (every 5000km, or whatever the manual says @$25 per) of that Infiniti that likely pushes the infiniti over the cost of owning the Model 3 xD

I hope that the car is made out of investor confidence ;)

12 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

1st you realize that person is a impersonator right?

2nd you can own a $40K used electric car if you're in the market for a gas vehicle worth 35K (possibly even 30K), which is the average new car cost in the USA.

People are used to spending upwards to hundreds in gas a month, so they think they will pay hundreds in hydro as well, and this is so far from the truth... Even the new Roadsters 200KwH battery at 15 cents would only cost $30 per charge, a typical car costs $30 in Canada for about 350 km, the tesla goes up to 1000 km per charge.

Infiniti G37 does not exist anymore new so I went based off of the Q50 which the base model (cheapest in the fleet) is about 35K USD, but being a prick (it's midnight) I'm doing it in KM/L xD

Base: 35,200

km/l: 10.7(C)/8.6(H) L/100km

Gas prices: 1.30L (more in some parts of canada)

500km of city driving cost: $69.55

500km of highway driving cost: $55.90

Tesla Model 3
Base: 49,000

km/l: 500 km range approx (prob more in city thanks to regenerative braking)

Cost of driving 500km(assuming 15 cents, 75KwH battery): $11.25

Let's say you drive that every week(50km each way 5 days a week), this means every year the Model 3 would save you in about $2341.80 - $3051.60 in gas, assuming a 5 year ownership no gas price changes etc, that's roughly 10-15 thousand making the Model 3 no cheaper than a gas car from Infiniti that you can buy today. But wait assuming nothing major happens that would cost you money for the Model 3 there is the factor of 1 tuneup (at 100K) and oil maintenance (every 5000km, or whatever the manual says @$25 per) of that Infiniti that likely pushes the infiniti over the cost of owning the Model 3 xD

Thanks for showing us that you understand absolutely nothing about this whole thing.

First off, whether that person is a fake or not, I was commenting on the whole thing in general. Secondly, your comparison is WAY off the chart, and I'll explain why.

I don't spend "hundreds and hundreds" on a gas a month. I rarely drive, do you think somebody that talks about Infiniti thinks it takes that much for a full charge in electric? You're being absurd.

Yes, the G37 does not exist anymore, but if you read into my post properly, it mentions USED cars. That inclıudes G37 VS Roadster 2.5 Sport and such. Then you went ahead and chose a new Infiniti as a basis, and that's fine if you like to buy new. Guess what? The Model 3 gets delivered WHO KNOWS WHEN, who knows with what quality (no dash screen in front, cheap feeling steering wheel..) and range anxiety.

You think owning an Infiniti Q50 is going to cost people more than owning a Model S? The Q50 comes with a hybrid option, AND second hand market that you can have the car for about $25k easily CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED. Think again. That includes warranty on the car for the oil changes and such, and it's a reliable car. EVEN if you make a lot of mileage, you WILL ultimately have more money left in your pocket with a hybrid Q50 than with a high end Model S.

I'm all for EVs, but have gotten sick and tired of Musk's bullshit. That's it from me for Tesla, when Infiniti makes an EV, I'll be on the line.

On 31.08.2018 at 12:30 PM, Lathlaer said:

I'm not gonna lie here, the first thought upon seeing the title was "maybe they should make sure that their previous car production is fully stable instead of announcing a new one".

Sure, it's not the same line but I feel like it's another product with a 2 year waiting list.

I think I need to reevaluate my presence on this forum when an off-hand comment in some random Tesla thread got me more reputation than pictures of my rig or setup xD

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

8 hours ago, Motifator said:

the problem is that they have a very limited amount of production, so they need charge more per car to keep good profitability, even the model 3 should have been delayed at least a year, they need to take their time to grow, 

I don't spend "hundreds and hundreds" on a gas a month. I rarely drive, do you think somebody that talks about Infiniti thinks it takes that much for a full charge in electric? You're being absurd.

Yes, because people are psychologically used to paying high prices for fuel, so someone will say buying this car that is gas is cheaper than buying that electric car because it is $15,000 more... So no I'm not absurd, just the average person, else everyone would be buying EVs

Yes, the G37 does not exist anymore, but if you read into my post properly, it mentions USED cars. That inclıudes G37 VS Roadster 2.5 Sport and such. Then you went ahead and chose a new Infiniti as a basis, and that's fine if you like to buy new. Guess what? The Model 3 gets delivered WHO KNOWS WHEN, who knows with what quality (no dash screen in front, cheap feeling steering wheel..) and range anxiety.

Except you expect a company that sells cars that could last 7+ years with minimal maintenance to sell used vehicles as tho they are gas cars, if you want a cheap used EV buy a i3, not because it's bad but because it is uglier than the Volt, and as bad as it too. Also I compared the new Teslas battery cost at 15 cents a KwH vs a typical fillup for half a tank of a normal vehicle... If you buy the base model Tesla says 5-8 months(which is not a who knows), if you're willing to sacrifice price to distance you can go with almost any other brand that offers EVs for about 30-35K, less the leaf which is not a decent vehicle based on range.

Also the model 3 provides enough charge to get from Indianapolis to Nashville, assuming you where to drive such distance in a single shot you'd be staying at least a hour there before heading back. So range anxiety should not exist for a vehicle that outdoes a normal person's commute.

Also, also since you stated you don't drive much, range anxiety shouldn't be a thing for you. If it is then you should see someone for it. 

You think owning an Infiniti Q50 is going to cost people more than owning a Model S? The Q50 comes with a hybrid option, AND second hand market that you can have the car for about $25k easily CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED. Think again. That includes warranty on the car for the oil changes and such, and it's a reliable car. EVEN if you make a lot of mileage, you WILL ultimately have more money left in your pocket with a hybrid Q50 than with a high end Model S.

At what point did I say S?

Hybrid option costs more, with current gas prices the hybrid option would actually be more expensive than buying a model 3.

Sure you can buy a used hybrid then it should be cheaper than a model 3 but it's still a gas powered car where the engine can blow at any time, along with many other things (try replacing a fuel sensor for cheap xD).

Once again I never compared the Model S... Tho imo if you can afford it buy it over the Model 3. After all if spending about 50K on a stupid new hybrid is no issue then 20K should be easy. Yes you could buy used but you should really read those used warranties esp if the car sits outside the manufacturer's warranty period xD

PS Oil changes are not free ;) If they are only so many...

I'm all for EVs, but have gotten sick and tired of Musk's bullshit. That's it from me for Tesla, when Infiniti makes an EV, I'll be on the line.

I'm getting tired of Musk as well but that doesn't mean I should hate the brand and make stupid comments about it by swapping out models to try to bash it and prove a point...

You also complain about the prices of Tesla yet you're willing to buy a over priced Nissan? Good job... But I guess that's the only way you'll ever drive a skyline xD

First a model S, and then a X and then a E which turned into 3 and now a Y.....

Now we know what Elon things of his cars :D: SEXY

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

50 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

20 year roadmap: Model M, Model 4, Model N

10 years after that Model U, Model R xD

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Now we know what Elon things of his cars :D: SEXY

Truth be told I think the best looking Tesla is actually the Model S with the black grill piece, simply because it looks less aggressive now than it did before :| Tho I understand why they did it, since there is no real place to put front plates on it...

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

Yes, because people are psychologically used to paying high prices for fuel, so someone will say buying this car that is gas is cheaper than buying that electric car because it is $15,000 more... So no I'm not absurd, just the average person, else everyone would be buying EVs

Except you expect a company that sells cars that could last 7+ years with minimal maintenance to sell used vehicles as tho they are gas cars, if you want a cheap used EV buy a i3, not because it's bad but because it is uglier than the Volt, and as bad as it too. Also I compared the new Teslas battery cost at 15 cents a KwH vs a typical fillup for half a tank of a normal vehicle... If you buy the base model Tesla says 5-8 months(which is not a who knows), if you're willing to sacrifice price to distance you can go with almost any other brand that offers EVs for about 30-35K, less the leaf which is not a decent vehicle based on range.

Also the model 3 provides enough charge to get from Indianapolis to Nashville, assuming you where to drive such distance in a single shot you'd be staying at least a hour there before heading back. So range anxiety should not exist for a vehicle that outdoes a normal person's commute.

Also, also since you stated you don't drive much, range anxiety shouldn't be a thing for you. If it is then you should see someone for it. 

At what point did I say S?

Hybrid option costs more, with current gas prices the hybrid option would actually be more expensive than buying a model 3.

Sure you can buy a used hybrid then it should be cheaper than a model 3 but it's still a gas powered car where the engine can blow at any time, along with many other things (try replacing a fuel sensor for cheap xD).

Once again I never compared the Model S... Tho imo if you can afford it buy it over the Model 3. After all if spending about 50K on a stupid new hybrid is no issue then 20K should be easy. Yes you could buy used but you should really read those used warranties esp if the car sits outside the manufacturer's warranty period xD

PS Oil changes are not free ;) If they are only so many...

I'm getting tired of Musk as well but that doesn't mean I should hate the brand and make stupid comments about it by swapping out models to try to bash it and prove a point...

You also complain about the prices of Tesla yet you're willing to buy a over priced Nissan? Good job... But I guess that's the only way you'll ever drive a skyline xD

Yes it is absurd. You don't know what you're talking about. If you think a $20k AWD car that is just as fast or faster AND more comfortable than the 3 (the Model 3 does not quite compete with the Intel system / leather quality etc.. on Q50, the S does), you're clueless. The only thing it competes with is the electrical drivetrain itself, on every other front the Infiniti is superior.

If Musk created a car like the Model 3 instead of the S, it would now had a used market closer to the numbers of the Q50. Instead he started with the Roadster, which BTW, was a cramped interior POS to me (I sat in this car), and then went on to sell an even more expensive car. Mind you, I am basing most my info on second hand prices. The Roadster did cost more new, but most people can not even afford these things new so second hand is being GENEROUS.

There are no "proper" alternatives as far as EVs go other than Tesla. You can say "you can buy this X EV" but it's going to be shit. Tesla is pretty much the only EV alternative, making them the only current EV option, and I do NOT want to buy into anything that tool makes anymore, given his recent attempts at trolling people on Twitter.

While I do not drive a lot, when my father does (for example, a 550km travel, which can easily happen when I want to go on a vacation). It can and WILL run out of batteries. I don't live in the U.S so finding a charging spot on a city-to-city travel is an ass. Then you talked about "seeing somebody" for "range anxiety". I think you're the one that needs to see somebody because you're posting things that are so dumb they make my sides hurt.

You need to take the S as the basis, the 3 has yet to be delivered properly. I neither want to wait 5-8 months nor deal with their flawed quality that includes things all the way to the door handles. "Engine can blow up", yeah, and the electrical brush motor with batteries (even with all that shielding) can catch up on fire and get you killed. This happened in a Tesla crash couple times. Better yet, you can get out to the street and just die by a stone landing on top of your head. Wadaa! How smart of you to think the Q50 engine will just implode to shit pieces because it's ICE...

Overpriced Nissan? Let's take the G37 example back shall we? You can have the X AWD version WITH low mileage for $12k, EASILY. You ARE saving money compared to the RWD $35k car. It will take years for your average person (who, by the way, WILL NOT make your overestimated 50 kms a day) to make up for the price difference.

I would not drive a Skyline, again you're changing the topic to make fun of me... it's an overpriced car. However I've been in a G37 and it was a very nice car and still is. The Model S does not even come with cooled seats, which is something they should have added ages ago (given how premium it can get). Please go away with your ignorant comments. Other companies will eventually make more real EVs and Tesla will no longer look appealing until they fix the issues / high up the production rate and get on with the prices.

6 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Yes it is absurd. You don't know what you're talking about. If you think a $20k AWD car that is just as fast or faster AND more comfortable than the 3 (the Model 3 does not quite compete with the Intel system / leather quality etc.. on Q50, the S does), you're clueless. The only thing it competes with is the electrical drivetrain itself, on every other front the Infiniti is superior.

If Musk created a car like the Model 3 instead of the S, it would now had a used market closer to the numbers of the Q50. Instead he started with the Roadster, which BTW, was a cramped interior POS to me (I sat in this car), and then went on to sell an even more expensive car. Mind you, I am basing most my info on second hand prices. The Roadster did cost more new, but most people can not even afford these things new so second hand is being GENEROUS.

Wow, just wow... you are completely oblivious aren't you? Tesla had no other choice but to start with expensive models... This isn't the 1900's when building a car was basically building a horse carriage with a motor and batteries... 

If you didn't like the roadster you would not have liked to Lotus version either. Also you're asking Tesla to do something almost impossible by producing a 35K car from basically start up in a mass production setting when they are proving it to be fairly hard as it is right now to keep up with the demands. If they went with the Model 3 first they would have gone belly up, doing the S then X was the best choice for them because it produced the most money easily.

You also can't compare a used EV to a used gas car... Let me explain why... A gas car has hundreds of additional moving parts, every part as it ages can fail warranty or not (and might not be covered under warranty), this means due to the unpredictability of each vehicle based on production and use (not milage, but driver) gas cars will always be cheaper to buy used. On the other hand EVs have set limits from factories to prevent damage to the batteries and motor(s), this means someone slamming on the gas hard will cause almost no damage that can't be tested easily compared to a casual easygoing driver. Sure the pedal to the metal driver will burn threw the battery faster, but once again that can be tested so you don't get ripped off. Go to a car dealer and ask if that used car ever went 150km/h for 5 hours straight looping around a track warping the gasket mildly that in turn after 10,000 more km the engine will die. They won't know, all they can say is "not likely"

Plus like a gas car a EVs range can vary based on the unknown quality variant (much like the silicone lottery) of each component, however unlike gas cars the motor in a EV should never die, just the batteries, and they like in phones can outlast the unit it was built for. You want to know why Teslas are so damn expensive used?

Educate yourself.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/04/16/tesla-batteries-have-90-capacity-after-160000-miles-may-last-for-500000-miles/

https://electrek.co/2018/04/14/tesla-battery-degradation-data/

If those numbers are correct you could technically drive a single tesla model s/x for longer than a mortgage of a house.

5 minutes ago, Motifator said:

While I do not drive a lot, when my father does (for example, a 550km travel, which can easily happen when I want to go on a vacation). It can and WILL run out of batteries. I don't live in the U.S so finding a charging spot on a city-to-city travel is an ass. Then you talked about "seeing somebody" for "range anxiety". I think you're the one that needs to see somebody because you're posting things that are so dumb they make my sides hurt.

Rent a car for those odd times... But seriously range anxiety should be left for phones...

27 minutes ago, Motifator said:

and I do NOT want to buy into anything that tool makes anymore, given his recent attempts at trolling people on Twitter.

While you're at it don't buy anything that a USA company makes anymore either, because Donald Trump... Same logic must be applied all around w/o looking like a hypocrite ;)

29 minutes ago, Motifator said:

You need to take the S as the basis, the 3 has yet to be delivered properly. I neither want to wait 5-8 months nor deal with their flawed quality that includes things all the way to the door handles. "Engine can blow up", yeah, and the electrical brush motor with batteries (even with all that shielding) can catch up on fire and get you killed. This happened in a Tesla crash couple times. Better yet, you can get out to the street and just die by a stone landing on top of your head. Wadaa! How smart of you to think the Q50 engine will just implode to shit pieces because it's ICE...

Care to name one incident of a Tesla Battery pack killing a person? And please don't include the Teen 2018 deaths(or similar, aka driver error)... That was not due to Tesla. It is no different than crashing your gas car and getting trapped as it catches fire and basically blows up.

You think the Model S or X didn't have similar problems at the beginning of production? Go searching for it, you'll quickly find they are still problem prone but not as bad.

No ICE will not random implode or explode just like a EV vehicle, I was referring to the reliability when it gets old, you will not likely find a non-rebuilt engine from the 60-70's unless it needs to be replaced or the owner was 100% anal about it...

38 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Overpriced Nissan? Let's take the G37 example back shall we? You can have the X AWD version WITH low mileage for $12k, EASILY. You ARE saving money compared to the RWD $35k car. It will take years for your average person (who, by the way, WILL NOT make your overestimated 50 kms a day) to make up for the price difference.

Yes overpriced Nissan at least brand new, used markets vary based on location milage climate condition of the actual car and even possibly the maintenance history. While yes buying used (like Linus said) is usually better, it is not always. That 12K car you stated because it's AWD can become a 20K car after 2 years, possibly going up to 25K in 5. Why? Maintenance factors caused by the past owner that have been left unchecked (knowingly or not), while that brand new car at 35K if it has any sort of issues you can demand to company to repair it for free. That's why you don't go out and buy a 10 year old car (or even 5 for that matter) unless you absolutely have to. Linus by the sounds of it bought a rental car, which is a great choice because they get used and maintained regularly and being a year old all problems have been sorted out and will have plenty of life left.

44 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I would not drive a Skyline, again you're changing the topic to make fun of me... it's an overpriced car. However I've been in a G37 and it was a very nice car and still is. The Model S does not even come with cooled seats, which is something they should have added ages ago (given how premium it can get). Please go away with your ignorant comments. Other companies will eventually make more real EVs and Tesla will no longer look appealing until they fix the issues / high up the production rate and get on with the prices.

No I'm not changing the topic to make fun of you... The Q50 is literally a Nissan Skyline in Japan...

Oh no the Model S doesn't come with a cool ass option, what to do, how should we all live w/o this option OOOOOOHHHHHH NOOOOOO... Seriously? You are literally complaining about a feature that a ICE engine can easily produce because only like 15% of the energy it produces actually gets used (which is still a ridiculously high number)... The Model S,3,X and possibly Y's primary feature is wait for it... get this: BEING ELECTRIC! batteries are still not cheap, cheaper than 10 years ago, but still not cheap. a G37 might cost 10K to produce (if that), while a Model S would easily cost at least 30K to produce, most of which is battery costs. Not to mention the cool ass function is a recent addition to vehicles, heated butts imo are just as useless...

"would you like heated seats sir?"

"No I don't like clammy butts"

"But it comes with cooling too"

"If my butt becomes clammy because of sitting too long it means I need to get out and walk a little bit, no thanks"

Seriously, those are stupid selling features that get drilled into your head as features you need but really don't and should never be used as a buying decision of a vehicle. It's just another useless piece of tech that can (and likely) will break before you want to get rid of your car.

Sure more companies will, not because they want to (look at GMs response to the Model S with the Volt, only when the Model 3 got announce did they actually make a meaningful product), but because they have too. Many places are banning the sales of ICE vehicles within the next 5-10 or so years, it's called grow up or be put out to pasture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_banning_fossil_fuel_vehicles

Like I said above a EV is 100% acceptable for 99% of the population even the ones with 100 mile ranges (like fords etc), even Linus could have gotten a 100% EV vehicle and simply took either his bike or minivan for the longer trips. Tho to his credit he did do the required math and found a car that would run 99% of the time on battery power. Most people just buy hybrids w/o doing the math.

13 hours ago, trag1c said:

While I love it too, having responsiveness of a sports car and more power than any diesel on the road is far better. 

13 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Yeah, I recall they teased one.  But since then, I got tired of waiting and bought a Taco.

Biggest thing to me is if aftermarket changes to suspension and off roading would be allowed.  If not, then a good bit of my interest goes out the window.

Heck, I'm been keeping an eye out to see how that hybrid F-150 going to be once that drops in 2020.  Though, the Bollinger's electric trucky (B1) is a smexy offroading piece of hardware.

The 2018 RAM 1500 has options for hybrids.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 hours ago, trag1c said:

what are you 16? "hey guys look I can waste fuel and make dirty ass clouds that annoy others around me!"

When I hear about assholes rolling coal on hybrids because they think they're getting back at them or something I just cringe

Edit: Oh you're not 16 just from Canadian Texas, carry on then

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

a superlight 4 motor car designed using 90% carbon fibre so it weighs as little as possible  

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

4 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i was watching Linus video, and his not the only one running away from the Apple of cars.

I'm actually with Linus, the model X or S don't really suit him, maybe the 3 but he kinda needed the car now not next year :P

I don't think he's so much running away from the Apple of the car world (which I do agree Tesla is, but like Apple Tesla has no "real" competition), but that there is something about Tesla that he doesn't like or suit him. Being in the tech sector doesn't mean you must own a Tesla, it simply means most people will understand as to why you own one.

Would I like to own one? Sure, will I? Prob not for a while... I'm interested in seeing the resale of the Model 3's in 2+ years time and see how the batteries hold up.

28 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I think maybe he got some dain bramage after headbutting a car on the assembly line.

honestly after seeing mkbhd's video you can see how slow the conveyor moves, i don't think he was smashing his head into but just bumping into it to demonstrate the force someone might expect if the safety sensor did not kick in because he was frustrated the line stopped completely.

"I don't see how this could hurt me," he reportedly said. "I want the cars to just keep moving."

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

3 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Wow, just wow... you are completely oblivious aren't you? Tesla had no other choice but to start with expensive models... This isn't the 1900's when building a car was basically building a horse carriage with a motor and batteries... 

If you didn't like the roadster you would not have liked to Lotus version either. Also you're asking Tesla to do something almost impossible by producing a 35K car from basically start up in a mass production setting when they are proving it to be fairly hard as it is right now to keep up with the demands. If they went with the Model 3 first they would have gone belly up, doing the S then X was the best choice for them because it produced the most money easily.

You also can't compare a used EV to a used gas car... Let me explain why... A gas car has hundreds of additional moving parts, every part as it ages can fail warranty or not (and might not be covered under warranty), this means due to the unpredictability of each vehicle based on production and use (not milage, but driver) gas cars will always be cheaper to buy used. On the other hand EVs have set limits from factories to prevent damage to the batteries and motor(s), this means someone slamming on the gas hard will cause almost no damage that can't be tested easily compared to a casual easygoing driver. Sure the pedal to the metal driver will burn threw the battery faster, but once again that can be tested so you don't get ripped off. Go to a car dealer and ask if that used car ever went 150km/h for 5 hours straight looping around a track warping the gasket mildly that in turn after 10,000 more km the engine will die. They won't know, all they can say is "not likely"

Plus like a gas car a EVs range can vary based on the unknown quality variant (much like the silicone lottery) of each component, however unlike gas cars the motor in a EV should never die, just the batteries, and they like in phones can outlast the unit it was built for. You want to know why Teslas are so damn expensive used?

Educate yourself.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/04/16/tesla-batteries-have-90-capacity-after-160000-miles-may-last-for-500000-miles/

https://electrek.co/2018/04/14/tesla-battery-degradation-data/

If those numbers are correct you could technically drive a single tesla model s/x for longer than a mortgage of a house.

Rent a car for those odd times... But seriously range anxiety should be left for phones...

While you're at it don't buy anything that a USA company makes anymore either, because Donald Trump... Same logic must be applied all around w/o looking like a hypocrite ;)

Care to name one incident of a Tesla Battery pack killing a person? And please don't include the Teen 2018 deaths(or similar, aka driver error)... That was not due to Tesla. It is no different than crashing your gas car and getting trapped as it catches fire and basically blows up.

You think the Model S or X didn't have similar problems at the beginning of production? Go searching for it, you'll quickly find they are still problem prone but not as bad.

No ICE will not random implode or explode just like a EV vehicle, I was referring to the reliability when it gets old, you will not likely find a non-rebuilt engine from the 60-70's unless it needs to be replaced or the owner was 100% anal about it...

Yes overpriced Nissan at least brand new, used markets vary based on location milage climate condition of the actual car and even possibly the maintenance history. While yes buying used (like Linus said) is usually better, it is not always. That 12K car you stated because it's AWD can become a 20K car after 2 years, possibly going up to 25K in 5. Why? Maintenance factors caused by the past owner that have been left unchecked (knowingly or not), while that brand new car at 35K if it has any sort of issues you can demand to company to repair it for free. That's why you don't go out and buy a 10 year old car (or even 5 for that matter) unless you absolutely have to. Linus by the sounds of it bought a rental car, which is a great choice because they get used and maintained regularly and being a year old all problems have been sorted out and will have plenty of life left.

No I'm not changing the topic to make fun of you... The Q50 is literally a Nissan Skyline in Japan...

Oh no the Model S doesn't come with a cool ass option, what to do, how should we all live w/o this option OOOOOOHHHHHH NOOOOOO... Seriously? You are literally complaining about a feature that a ICE engine can easily produce because only like 15% of the energy it produces actually gets used (which is still a ridiculously high number)... The Model S,3,X and possibly Y's primary feature is wait for it... get this: BEING ELECTRIC! batteries are still not cheap, cheaper than 10 years ago, but still not cheap. a G37 might cost 10K to produce (if that), while a Model S would easily cost at least 30K to produce, most of which is battery costs. Not to mention the cool ass function is a recent addition to vehicles, heated butts imo are just as useless...

"would you like heated seats sir?"

"No I don't like clammy butts"

"But it comes with cooling too"

"If my butt becomes clammy because of sitting too long it means I need to get out and walk a little bit, no thanks"

Seriously, those are stupid selling features that get drilled into your head as features you need but really don't and should never be used as a buying decision of a vehicle. It's just another useless piece of tech that can (and likely) will break before you want to get rid of your car.

Sure more companies will, not because they want to (look at GMs response to the Model S with the Volt, only when the Model 3 got announce did they actually make a meaningful product), but because they have too. Many places are banning the sales of ICE vehicles within the next 5-10 or so years, it's called grow up or be put out to pasture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_banning_fossil_fuel_vehicles

Like I said above a EV is 100% acceptable for 99% of the population even the ones with 100 mile ranges (like fords etc), even Linus could have gotten a 100% EV vehicle and simply took either his bike or minivan for the longer trips. Tho to his credit he did do the required math and found a car that would run 99% of the time on battery power. Most people just buy hybrids w/o doing the math.

Continue showing lack of knowledge should you? What makes you think Tesla had "no choice other than to start with the expensive" ? Because Musk told you so or something? When the S was the only car they were making and selling, they were selling the cars WITH LOSS. Now tell me, was this a wise decision after the Roadster, which was a mock-up of an EV? NOPE. Do you seriously think Tesla actually invented the electric car or something? They only built a high end electric sedan, that's all they did. The U.S military had big anti-mine ships that could go on electric 15 years ago before Tesla built their cars. Electric vehicles that are far superior, and complex. GM made an EV coupe in the 90's, but it was left behind because of oil companies. You're the one who needs to educate himself, pal.

Of course I did not like the Roadster, it was way too close to the ground, shaky while accelerating, and the interior was literally built for a midget. All for $70k. Laughable. Lotus... probably just as bad. It might be a good car for a woman on a track, but not for a person of average to big size, not for everyday usage. Even the new ones lack an infotainment screen... the original Roadster was built on an early 2000's Lotus chassis with the guts taken out and batteries stuck on the back with little to no trunk space, and the front electric motor in eye-sight alongside of cables rolled across the engine bay. What a mosh it was.

I CAN compare an EV to an ICE, everybody does. Of course an EV has less parts and requires less maintenance, but then again your explanation of "this car turned around in a circuit like a NASCAR till what was left out of it" is absurd. Those Infiniti's on second hand dealers with low mileage are Sunday cars, that's how you get 45k kms out of a 09 car.

Of course the Panasonic batteries are expensive and so is the electric motor, but you can't say "it should never die", it can die. It can explode. You said the ICE can explode, I was trying to say an EV could as well. That's the point.

Q50 being named under Skyline is funny of you, it is but either you didn't do your research or you're trolling... Q50 is NOT the same car as a GT-R. People think of the latter when somebody says "Skyline". Then the cooled seats... they are not the same as heated seats, and I suppose you never left your car under burning sun... did I mention the reliability of a 45k kilometer G37? Do you think it's going to explode at that point? You'll use it for a few years and easily sell it at 80k or whatever. It got a mature engine and doesn't suffer from POOR ICE car issues.

Finally, Donald Trump is only a president. Putting the blame of every American product on him is ludicrous. Musk is a BIGTOOL and I do NOT WANT to condone his products anymore. You can keep sucking on his words for all you like but he gets enough hate for valid reasons.