Tesla to unveil 'surprise' new car NEXT WEEK

The_Tron

TESLA announcement suggests that it will unveil a brand-new car next week at Grand Basel next week. Carmaker could launch Model Y, Pickup truck or next-generation Roadster.

Tesla could be unveiling a brand-new car next week at the Grand Basel car show.

The carmaker is planning on showcasing a ‘surprise’ on September 5th, which could be a never before seen vehicle.

Currently, the carmaker has stated that it is working on the next-generation Roadster and is also planning on launching the Model Y and Pickup truck, meaning any of these vehicles could be revealed.

However, the most likely car to launch is the Roadster, giving the nature of the Basel show.

Tesla Roadster

Source:  https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1011089/Tesla-new-car-Roadster-Pickup-Model-Y-Grand-Basel

i kinda want it to be a pickup truck. that would be pretty damn cool tbh. not a huge fan of the ones out there now but i could dig an electric one for sure

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'm not gonna lie here, the first thought upon seeing the title was "maybe they should make sure that their previous car production is fully stable instead of announcing a new one".

Sure, it's not the same line but I feel like it's another product with a 2 year waiting list.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

they need to get into buses, public transport.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

model y = pickup truck
also 

TESLA announcement suggests that it will unveil a brand-new car next week at Grand Basel next week. Carmaker could launch Model Y, Pickup truck or next-generation Roadster.

What if it's a motorcycle?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd like to see a Tesla Pickup Truck.  300mile range with the towing capacity of a dirty diesel.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I doubt that it would be Roadster, as this gen roadster is not even being driven and there is people that wait for them.

As the Model 3 is slowly coming to people, I guess it's going to be either a motorcycle or a new SUV.
I guess that it won't be right now a cheaper car than the Model 3 as from his Interview with MKBHD they were talking about cheaper cars and Elon said
"yeah I can see it in the future maybe we can do it". The problem with manufacturing cheaper car is scalability and Tesla is not at this state.

55 minutes ago, Velcade said:

I'd like to see a Tesla Pickup Truck.  300mile range with the towing capacity of a dirty diesel.

More than a diesel. 

Im def game for it

1 hour ago, Velcade said:

Not happening.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, VanayadGaming said:

model y = pickup truck
also 

The Model Y is a crossover.  They've teased early design work on it!  The pickup truck will be wholly separate.

I'd say the Model Y is a better candidate for a reveal like this, but we'll see.

what tesla need is not a new car, is to deliver whatever they have already released. I honestly don't care what they reveal anymore, since one wont be able to get it anyway.

3 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

I'm not gonna lie here, the first thought upon seeing the title was "maybe they should make sure that their previous car production is fully stable instead of announcing a new one".

I basically came here to say this. Tesla really should focus on optimizing their production line, reduce production defects, and increase the quality/quality control of their current products. If they do that, I would be a lot more confident in Tesla's abilities to last and be able to actually deliver the products they announce in a timely fashion.

By announcing more products at a time when there are many people, including their own investors, questioning whether or not they can even deliver their existing products and promises in a timely manner, it's going to make people believe even more that Tesla is spreading themselves too thin on the many ambitions that they have when they can't even reliably deliver their current products without much issue.

That's not to say that Tesla shoudn't be working on developing new products and updating their existing ones. They should be. For a normal automotive company, development of the next generation of vehicles start basically right after the launch of the current gen vehicles, but while Tesla just breaking the 7,000 vehicles per week milestone, a plant like the Subaru plant in Indiana is making 10,000 vehicles per week with probably 1/64th of the manufacturing defects.

And that's the thing. When a company like Subaru or Mazda or Chevrolet announce a car, the consumers and the industry have the confidence that they can deliver on their promises and their announcements. Tesla is not like that. And I understand that Tesla doesn't have the history or the decades of experience the other car companies have, but these are the companies that Tesla is up against whether their supporters believe it or not and they need to be able to manufacture their cars consistently and reliably to a certain level to be able to compete in the long run.

Of course, I'm not the billionaire super genius that is Elon Musk and maybe he knows what he's doing.

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

6 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

what tesla need is not a new car, is to deliver whatever they have already released. I honestly don't care what they reveal anymore, since one wont be able to get it anyway.

They're almost as bad as Elio.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

The Model Y is a crossover.  They've teased early design work on it!  The pickup truck will be wholly separate.

I'd say the Model Y is a better candidate for a reveal like this, but we'll see.

Oh god damn it... I really hope its not a crossover -_-

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

52 minutes ago, kting15 said:

I basically came here to say this. Tesla really should focus on optimizing their production line, reduce production defects, and increase the quality/quality control of their current products. If they do that, I would be a lot more confident in Tesla's abilities to last and be able to actually deliver the products they announce in a timely fashion.

By announcing more products at a time when there are many people, including their own investors, questioning whether or not they can even deliver their existing products and promises in a timely manner, it's going to make people believe even more that Tesla is spreading themselves too thin on the many ambitions that they have when they can't even reliably deliver their current products without much issue.

That's not to say that Tesla shoudn't be working on developing new products and updating their existing ones. They should be. For a normal automotive company, development of the next generation of vehicles start basically right after the launch of the current gen vehicles, but while Tesla just breaking the 7,000 vehicles per week milestone, a plant like the Subaru plant in Indiana is making 10,000 vehicles per week with probably 1/64th of the manufacturing defects.

And that's the thing. When a company like Subaru or Mazda or Chevrolet announce a car, the consumers and the industry have the confidence that they can deliver on their promises and their announcements. Tesla is not like that. And I understand that Tesla doesn't have the history or the decades of experience the other car companies have, but these are the companies that Tesla is up against whether their supporters believe it or not and they need to be able to manufacture their cars consistently and reliably to a certain level to be able to compete in the long run.

Of course, I'm not the billionaire super genius that is Elon Musk and maybe he knows what he's doing.

There are no production problems and anyone who says otherwise is also a pedophile. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

20 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Oh god damn it... I really hope its not a crossover -_-

Isn't the Model X essentially a crossover?
I'd imagine they'd make something more in the size range of the Tahoe/Suburban

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

13 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Isn't the Model X essentially a crossover?
I'd imagine they'd make something more in the size range of the Tahoe/Suburban

The Model X is more of a SUV IMO, but it seems Wikipedia calls it a crossover so idk tbh. Either way what comes to mind as soon as someone mentions crossovers are the damn Suzuki X4 and cars like it. Like just kinda fat hatchbacks with a liftkit

Builds:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Sure, it's not the same line but I feel like it's another product with a 2 year waiting list.

I assure you we hit the model 3 deadline, and it is fully stable. Part of being so popular and such a revolutionary thinker is the media will try to find flaws with everything I do.