FC5 worth picking up?

Froody129

FC5 is currently on sale (still for a pretty high price though...) and with the hit/miss games Ubisoft has been putting out recently I was wondering if it's worth picking up. I liked FC1 and kinda liked FC2 and I LOVED FC3. FC4 was a bit repetitive imo and felt like a smaller scale game than 3. Is it similar enough to FC3 to be fun? I don't care too much about the story

That's an F in the profile pic

Far Cry 5 gameplay just like bloody Far Cry 4 and the story is the same both bullshit, both endings garbo. etc 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

blood dragon is the best far cry

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 hours ago, Froody129 said:

FC5 is currently on sale

Where and for how much? It's been $20 on eBay for a couple of months now.

On 29.8.2018 at 11:52 AM, Froody129 said:

FC5 is currently on sale (still for a pretty high price though...) and with the hit/miss games Ubisoft has been putting out recently I was wondering if it's worth picking up. I liked FC1 and kinda liked FC2 and I LOVED FC3. FC4 was a bit repetitive imo and felt like a smaller scale game than 3. Is it similar enough to FC3 to be fun? I don't care too much about the story

No, 5 is completely different.

FC3 and 4 were pretty much the same, had the same mechanics, level system.

Its different in 5.

Though I'd say that its totally worth it.

On 29.8.2018 at 12:06 PM, Ramamataz said:

Far Cry 5 gameplay just like bloody Far Cry 4 and the story is the same both bullshit, both endings garbo. etc 

No, its not.

Its totally different.

For example you need hunting in 3+4 for upgrades. For example the AMmo Pouch, Med Kit holder and other stuff as well. In 5 its totally different and hunting only worth for the money. Except for that, its totally useless.

As for upgrades, you get those via those strange points you get.

And also leveling isn't leveling no more...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 8/29/2018 at 8:10 PM, A Random Dude said:

Where and for how much? It's been $20 on eBay for a couple of months now.

Can't use eBay. It's on Steam but I don't think I'll be picking it up anymore

6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, 5 is completely different.

FC3 and 4 were pretty much the same, had the same mechanics, level system.

Its different in 5.

Though I'd say that its totally worth it.

No, its not.

Its totally different.

For example you need hunting in 3+4 for upgrades. For example the AMmo Pouch, Med Kit holder and other stuff as well. In 5 its totally different and hunting only worth for the money. Except for that, its totally useless.

As for upgrades, you get those via those strange points you get.

And also leveling isn't leveling no more...

The game is totally different because you don't have to hunt?

Brilliant.

It's still got the same crap stealth mechanics, vehicles, gunplay... I don't know how you could love Far Cry 3, but not 4. They are pretty damn similar.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

The game is totally different because you don't have to hunt?

Brilliant.

It's still got the same crap stealth mechanics, vehicles, gunplay... I don't know how you could love Far Cry 3, but not 4. They are pretty damn similar.

I just liked the feel of FC3, and the camps felt much better designed. Taking over camps was essentially what I did in the game. I played FC4 on PS3 so maybe that had something to do with it. Potato graphics and FPS with weird controls may have just changed my view

13 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I just liked the feel of FC3, and the camps felt much better designed. Taking over camps was essentially what I did in the game. I played FC4 on PS3 so maybe that had something to do with it. Potato graphics and FPS with weird controls may have just changed my view

I didn't even know FC4 was on PS3....

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, Froody129 said:

Yeah, the shity PS3 Graphics might be the reason. you should totally get either the PC or PS4 version of FC4 and try again. IMO it was a bit better than 5.

Because in 4, when you freed the camps, the enemy vanishes. Not so in 5, if you free camps and get those points (for whatever they are good for).

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 8/29/2018 at 6:21 AM, williamcll said:

blood dragon is the best far cry

One of the most memorable soundtracks and memorable tutorials in any game I've ever played.