Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Community Standards

7 hours ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

*snip*

As @scuff gang mentioned, this thread is about the Community Standards (rules) that govern the forum, and we're not going to make a new rule to force people to use "human malware".

If you want to discuss that issue (that's confined to other platforms), another thread would be better suited that this thread.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

• 3 months later...

How do I make damn build log...it says to make one but my semi-retarded ass can't find out how. Please help

22 minutes ago, ChamFamDad said:

How do I make damn build log...it says to make one but my semi-retarded ass can't find out how. Please help

For one, this is not the right place for that kind of language. Not this forum, and even less this thread. For second, care to re-phrase what you are looking for? Build Log subforum is first one on the Workbench category https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/3-build-logs/

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Sorry, didn't realize strong language wasn't allowed muh bad. It says you have to first make a build log before you should post your pc. Again sorry for the strong lsngusge

2 minutes ago, ChamFamDad said:

Sorry, didn't realize strong language wasn't allowed muh bad. It says you have to first make a build log before you should post your pc. Again sorry for the strong lsngusge

I think there may be a bit more attention paid to it specifically in the community standards thread. Just guessing though.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, ChamFamDad said:

46 minutes ago, ChamFamDad said:

This is what I mean.

Ok, so there are special rules for some subforums, like Build Logs. Your thread looks more like show-off of already finished build. You can post those to Build Logs, but since the subforum is intended to show what and how you did things, your post isn't exactly matching the guidelines. Best place for finished builds, if you don't want to write up store on what you did and why, is Show off -thread:

The fellow member there is bit out of line with their commentary. Backseat moderation is growing issue, and we ask anyone who sees it to report it. So moderation has better opportunities to root it out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/6/2019 at 6:57 AM, minibois said:

At what point should be create a new thread or use an older existing thread..?

Another forum I used to frequent had the rule of thumb of about 1 month.

Unless it's pinned or one of those ueber long threads as those are considered perminant.

Don’t take any of my posts seriously. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ginnotsuyo said:

How do I stop other people from posting on my profile?

Ignore them. Also please don't quote whole opening posts, more so when they are this long. I've edited the quote out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Ignore them. Also please don't quote whole opening posts, more so when they are this long. I've edited the quote out.

Thanks, I'm new here. I thought there was a way to set privacy in some way, at least to not get post on my profile made by other people. Also, is there a chance for the Linus guys to see a topic of mine?

9 minutes ago, Ginnotsuyo said:

Thanks, I'm new here. I thought there was a way to set privacy in some way, at least to not get post on my profile made by other people. Also, is there a chance for the Linus guys to see a topic of mine?

If you are thinking of video suggestion, use official threads for them:

If it's something else, unlikely, but you can tag them. Though Linus for example has said that he gets way too many notifications or messages to care anything, but email.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

But I'd like you if possible to answer to my first doubt about privacy for my profile. Is there a way to set privacy settings to prevent others to post on my profile?

10 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

If you are thinking of video suggestion, use official threads for them...

If it's something else, unlikely, but you can tag them. Though Linus for example has said that he gets way too many notifications or messages to care anything, but email.

It is not about a video suggestion what I was thinking, it was about help with a doubt referring a technical matter.

10 minutes ago, Ginnotsuyo said:

It is not about a video suggestion what I was thinking, it was about help with a doubt referring a technical matter.

If its not directly something related to LMG or their content, you are better off posting it as normal topic on forums.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, Ginnotsuyo said:

How do I stop other people from posting on my profile?

If you go to your profile and click "edit profile", there's a setting there to turn off status updates - that will stop you from posting status updates (and hide any that you have previously posted), but also stop other members from posting on your profile. Alternatively, to block a specific member, you can go to your ignored members settings, and ignore messages from that member.

In your case though, the best route forwards it to report any problematic posts on your profile, so that they can be dealt with properly by a moderator - we don't tolerate abuse in status updates.

HTTP/2 203

On 8/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, colonel_mortis said:

If you go to your profile and click "edit profile"...

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Friendly guy said:

question which page can we ask questions

Depends on what the question is. If your question related to any of the subforums already listed, post it there. If it doesn't, and it's tech related, put in general discussion. The worst that'll happen is it'll be moved to somewhere else

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

• 2 weeks later...

How far does the political rule apply because seeing people promote their political stance for the presidential; election in their Occupation so it shows up in every post is really dumb and annoying for a computer forum

1 minute ago, emosun said:

How far does the political rule apply because seeing people promote their political stance for the presidential; election in their Occupation so it shows up in every post is really dumb and annoying for a computer forum

Occupation? You mean custom title or location? If so, report members post and we will evaluate it. Though expressing ones opinion ie. saying "I vote for X" hasn't been against rules. Pushing your agenda is, like "Vote for X!".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

Occupation? You mean custom title or location? If so, report members post and we will evaluate it. Though expressing ones opinion ie. saying "I vote for X" hasn't been against rules. Pushing your agenda is, like "Vote for X!".

Like under your mod badge it says "destroyer of productive threads" , theirs would say "so and so 2020" , which I believe is a campaign slogan and not a basic fact statement

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

Like under your mod badge it says "destroyer of productive threads" , theirs would say "so and so 2020" , which I believe is a campaign slogan and not a basic fact statement

That would be the custom member title. Like what your read as "Professional mean girl". But yeah, report their post with explanation why and we can check it further.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

That would be the custom member title. Like what your read as "Professional mean girl". But yeah, report their post with explanation why and we can check it further.

Wait, so is putting political stuff in the custom member title not allowed or making post about it not allowed?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

3 hours ago, Fatih19 said:

Wait, so is putting political stuff in the custom member title not allowed or making post about it not allowed?

Having political talk, or something that could spark it anywhere else than in Status Updates. SUs are moderated with bit more leash, but still spreading misinformation or attacking is not allowed.

Expressing your opinion, like "Im X" or "I vote for X" is fine. Pressing your opinion to others isn't. Be it political, religious or other.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv