Audiophile Myths Proved Wrong!

Tmh85

Logan did a video and I thought it was entertaining because it is proving so many audiophiles wrong :D

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

This is the third thread like this, they all end in tears, with people that know nothing about audio arguing with the people that do, the mods get angry and doing nothing, and Linus and the audio regulars fighting over something.
So here is a picture of something else.
7GL1Krv.gif

Let's do a blind test on a chiptune track that has no depth at all. At least pick a proper track and don't pick electronic music. I do agree FLAC vs MP3 and all this doesn't matter unless you go below 200kpbs MP3 or something, but damn, Logan. :(

The tune doesn't matter, could have used a walrus fart played through a tuba. The idea is to try to hear differences. 

The tune doesn't matter, could have used a walrus fart played through a tuba. The idea is to try to hear differences. 

This. 

I did a FLAC VS MP3 test using my own music (OSTs from various indie games of which I own both MP3 and FLAC versions) comparing various bit rates and I could never tell the difference. This was using onboard sound (which doesn't make a difference) and 8 Ohm headphones (so not audiophile level at all).

I would imagine the only true way to hear the difference is with audiophile equipment. But then, that defeats the purpose. Since I won't ever get that as I can't justify spending that much money on audio.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This. 

I did a FLAC VS MP3 test using my own music (OSTs from various indie games of which I own both MP3 and FLAC versions) comparing various bit rates and I could never tell the difference. This was using onboard sound (which doesn't make a difference) and 8 Ohm headphones (so not audiophile level at all).

I would imagine the only true way to hear the difference is with audiophile equipment. But then, that defeats the purpose. Since I won't ever get that as I can't justify spending that much money on audio.

Not even, 256 sounds just as good as anything high then 256 on my $500 headphones. 

And stop using that word, its a stupid word for a mislabeled group of people. A REAL! audiophile can listen on broken earpods off their ancient ipod nano, as long as the LOVE THE MUSIC! as the word dictates an audiophile should. Never has an audiophile HAD to take out a mortgage for audio equipment to be an audiophile. If you get what I mean.

did they say where that guy got his sound engineering degree?

Tyler? Lives in New York, willing to imply that he got his as New York State.

I just find it hard to listen to anyone who represents a company that makes specific audio equipment with out knowing his educational background. I found a lot of what he says interesting but some of it I found to be nonsense. good video overall. 

I just find it hard to listen to anyone who represents a company that makes specific audio equipment with out knowing his educational background. I found a lot of what he says interesting but some of it I found to be nonsense. good video overall. 

Do you ask for JJ's, Elric? Slick? Linus dropped out of collage last I checked and we listen to him. I'm willing bet that Tyler knew most what he knows now BEFORE! he got a piece of paper that tells other people that he knows stuff that he probably knew before he even graduated. 

Asking for a persons education is pointless hiding behind mothers skirt. 

Tyler makes amplifier and dacs in accord to open resources provided/designed by NwAvGuy, which as far as I'm concerned, a certified audio engineer. 

Do you ask for JJ's, Elric? Slick? Linus dropped out of collage last I checked and we listen to him. I'm willing bet that Tyler knew most what he knows now BEFORE! he got a piece of paper that tells other people that he knows stuff that he probably knew before he even graduated. 

Asking for a persons education is pointless hiding behind mothers skirt. 

"we" speak for yourself dude. you may not care how or where people are educated but I do and that's pretty much that. 

I agree with most points in this video, 

just not with the cable thing.

Special expensive cables for digital signals are useless if you don't need the built quality. If you run a cable in a place behind your TV between your PS4  and an AMP the built quality won't make a difference because you're not unplugging or redoing your cable management every day.
But better Audio cables will make a difference. Try running multiple cables from your DAC to your AMP to your speakers or headphones. In a normal environment you'll pick up noise and other crap interference. So better shielding does do a lot. Not in quality but in listening experience.

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

"we" speak for yourself dude. you may not care how or where people are educated but I do and that's pretty much that. 

Once did I say "we" I said, "you" and "I" more often.

And even then WE! wouldn't be here if WE didn't listen to Linus about something at some point.

I just graduated from FMCC with my electrical technology degree. I'd show you a picture, but I didn't get the physical degree in the mail. Not sure how this is relevant.

I have a computer science degree.  Java sucks, take my word on it.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Better than your Xonarz

Adlib.jpg

This is some audiophile shit

Lmao, is that a volume knob in the rear of the computer?

if I remember correctly it was a volume knob

Looking at that "Yamaha" I'm not entirely sure if that belongs in a computer.

P.S. I don't have a clue what Yamaha did in the past.

that adlib and the roland mt32 were the pinnacle of audio back in the day

I feel really bad for the people who buy into audiophile grade cables like audioquest

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

If it means anything I have three separate qualifications in electronic engineering, are all out dated 20 year old graduate certificates.  Other than that I have 30 years experience assembling amplifiers, designing and installing theaters, P.A systems as well as HT audio calibration plus consultation and sound engineering for live events.  Even with all this, when people don't like what I am saying they just dismiss me right out of hand.  I can tell you first hand that any bit of paper or personal experience you have means absolutely nothing if the person you are talking to disagrees with what you are saying.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.