Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which theme do you use for browsing Lienus Tech Tips? (Light or dark)  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Light theme or dark theme?

• Light theme
    • Dark theme (I use this one)

Which theme do you use for browsing Lienus Touch Tips

The Schnoz

i use light theme when i'm in a bright area, usually on my laptop. otherwise dark theme 

Just now, Orangeator said:

The thought of using light theme scares me...

lol same here

The Schnoz

I use dark themes for everything, if it doesn't have a dark theme I use someone else's made theme, or I make my own.

If only you knew the Power of the dark theme. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

12 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

and while we wait for the polls to bake, here's one we prepared earlier!

Things change over time, so let's see if it has changed much.

BTW light for me. Dark themes burns my eyes unless done well.

Desktop Gaming system: Asrock Z370 Pro4, i7-8086k, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 4x16GB, Gigabyte 2070, NZXT E850 PSU, Cooler Master MasterBox 5, Optane 900p 280GB, Crucial MX200 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, Acer Predator XB241YU 1440p144 G-sync
TV Gaming system: Gigabyte Z490 Elite AC, i5-10600k, Noctua D15, Kingston HyperX RGB 4000@3600 2x8GB, EVGA 2080Ti Black, EVGA 850W, Corsair 230T, Crucial P1 1TB + MX500 1TB, LG OLED55B9PLA 4k120 G-Sync Compatible
Streaming system: Asus X299 TUF mark 2, i9-7920X, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance LPX RGB 3000 8x8GB, Asus Strix 1080Ti, Corsair HX1000i, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Crucial BX500 1TB, BenQ XL2411 1080p144 + HP LP2475w 1200p60
Former Main system: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700k, Noctua D14, G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2x8GB, Gigabyte GTX 1650, Corsair HX750i, In Win 303 NVIDIA, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Blue 1TB, Acer RT280k 4k60 FreeSync [link]
Gaming laptop: Asus FX503VD, i5-7300HQ, DDR4 2133 2x8GB, GTX 1050, Sandisk 256GB + 480GB SSD [link]

I said it a million times, I'll say it again; dark theme = only theme

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

7 hours ago, Minibois said:

I said it a million times, I'll say it again; dark theme = only theme

Gmail, youtube, any site I go to, it either has a dark theme or I don't use the site.

Currently have an Asus TUF 3080 with a Ryzen 5 3600.

Light theme looks better.  
I'm not a vampire. 

If you use light background, you dont have to adjust when you hit something bright. That's worse to me. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Dark is easier on the eyes. I don’t always turn on lights in my house so I’m pretty used to less light. 

Don’t take any of my posts seriously. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

I much rather prefer using a dark theme for any website

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

Alienware 15r3: I7 6700HQ, 16 GB DDR4-2400 RAM, GTX 1070, 120GB SSD + 1TB HHD

I use the dark theme because it uses less battery on my mobile devices, also because I usually check the LTT forums at night..

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

For what it's worth, despite being a developer (and using a dark theme for IDEs, Discord, etc), I use the Day Theme on here. Part of that is that, being our default theme, it gets used by a lot more people, so I want to dogfood it and notice any bugs, but I will admit that I think I prefer it.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

For what it's worth, despite being a developer (and using a dark theme for IDEs, Discord, etc), I use the Day Theme on here. Part of that is that, being our default theme, it gets used by a lot more people, so I want to dogfood it and notice any bugs, but I will admit that I think I prefer it.

Petition to make dark theme the default. Honestly surprised day theme is used by more people but is that just because of visitors? I feel like most registered and regular users use dark theme

Coming Soon: MOAR COARS: 5GHz Confirmed Black Edition™ The Build

2 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

Petition to make dark theme the default. Honestly surprised day theme is used by more people but is that just because of visitors? I feel like most registered and regular users use dark theme

Last time I checked, which was before we made the theme switcher easier to find, most people hadn't tried changing themes (no more than 4 digits of night theme users, I can't remember if it was even less), but most people who had tried the night theme were using the night theme.

I am considering switching the default though, but before doing that I think I would want it to be even more obvious how to switch back.

HTTP/2 203

i use dark themes everywhere I can. It's easier on the eyes.

And saves battery life if you have an OLED phone

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Dark.

If I wanted light, I'd be going outside.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I use dark themes whenever possible. It's easier on the eyes especially if you are using websites in the dark. And as my Windows is configured completely in black that simply fits better :P

Yeah and I think it looks more dank than the light theme.

The Schnoz